These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New launcher links / other problems

First post
Author
Yahaharart
Bite Me inc
#1 - 2012-03-13 11:35:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Yahaharart
The links in the new eve launcher open up internet explorer regardless of what browser is the default one set .. (at least in my case).

CCP its 2012 not 2000 .. no one uses IE :)

update:

Links just open up internet explorer .. it does not go to the link .. and whatever the launcher was doing / downloading / patching stops when u click a link.
CCP Sputnik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2012-03-13 11:38:26 UTC
Yahaharart wrote:
The links in the new eve launcher open up internet explorer regardless of what browser is the default one set .. (at least in my case).

Could you tell us a few details about your PC?

CCP Sputnik | Software Engineer | Team Undone Unit

My EVElopedia Talk My Broadcast Log

Yahaharart
Bite Me inc
#3 - 2012-03-13 11:40:30 UTC
CCP Sputnik wrote:
Yahaharart wrote:

Windows 7 , 64bit
I7 930
24gb ram
SSD main drive with eve on it
geforce GTX460
opera set as default browser.
Yahaharart
Bite Me inc
#4 - 2012-03-13 11:41:19 UTC
client has fully updated now but it failed when i clicked anything on the launcher when it was patching.
Carlos Aranda
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-03-13 11:58:34 UTC

"Eve online updater needs Administrator privilages."

I do not have them. What now?
Aethlyn
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-03-13 12:19:51 UTC
It shouldn't need them, if you're the owner of your installation folder and/or you've got full access rights. If you don't have admin rights, get the admin to set file permissions accordingly or install the game to some folder other than "C:\Program Files\...".

Looking for more thoughts? Follow me on Twitter.

Kirsteen Rogers
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-03-13 18:11:05 UTC
I am running Windows7 Ultimate
started the client as usual and updated
the launcher starts up and says client is ready but when I click play it says an update is available and repeats the process.

I have done this several times now and the client will still not open

Any ideas?
StoneRhino
Rhino Heavy Industries
#8 - 2012-03-13 18:25:30 UTC
I also am having the same issue with the browser links opening up a blank IE rather than Firefox.
Seraphim's Wrath
KSD Industries
#9 - 2012-03-17 20:44:22 UTC
Yeah. same problem here. Opens IE with a blank page. Not even a new tab page or home. Just a blank page.
Tanar Skywalker
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-03-20 11:51:32 UTC
I must be old fashioned, but I still use IE. That being said, I only get a blank IE screen too. It doesn't go to any page, just opens the window and stays blank.
Kith Kikkoman
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-03-23 00:41:50 UTC
I am having same issues, exactly. Win7 64bit, changed default browser to FFox, still opens in IE but goes nowhere.
Dammit Spock
E Pluribus Funk
#12 - 2012-04-17 16:50:28 UTC
CCP Sputnik wrote:
Yahaharart wrote:

Could you tell us when this issue will be fixed? Surely the very first thing a players sees when firing up the game should at least have working links to the patch notes/news/etc that CCP deemed important enough to put on the launcher screen in the first place.
Kvetha Fricai
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-04-26 02:14:44 UTC
Exact same issue, pulls up new IE window without any address listed, just a blank screen. Any idea on a fix for this? Some of the item linked there are difficult to find any other way.