These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

High Security Space Aggression Revamp

Author
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#1 - 2012-03-18 06:19:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Asuka Solo
Any pilot with an Empire faction standing of -7.00 or so will know exactly what I'm talking about. You can't fly through Amarr space with a cool ship and cloak it if your Amarr standings are that terrabad. The exact message you get is that the Amarr Navy is jamming your cloaking systems or something along those lines.

CCP gave us wardecs to wage hi-security war with, but hardly anybody uses them in favor of jihad ganking outside of a wardec, exploiting a meticulous system whereby a few hundred thousand isk destroyers can take out unarmed ships that cost multiple millions of isk. This is done in space with a security rating anywhere between 0.5 and 1.0 and making a massive profit for virtually zero risk and financial loss in the process. Yes brosefs and brosefettes, that barge just has to drop a strip miner or 2 for you to make profit out of your Thrasher loss.

With the 0.0 argument of risk vs reward standing fast (But in hisec being gimped into a lesser cost = more reward monster), this must be rectified.

So here's a thought.

Why not amend Concord to jam all weapons systems of players in space that would be aimed at a player (And not a Pirate NPC rat), where the space has a security rating of 0.7/0.8 or higher, thus preventing any aggression outside of a wardec.

If no wardec is in place, the would be pirate/jihaddist/ganker would simply get the message indicating that "Concord is jamming your weapon systems".

Areas where this would not apply:

1) Missions - The moment you warp through any acceleration gate, your on your own as Concord can't save you or intervene. To this end, players will be able to shoot mission runners as per normal.

2) Incursions - Like I really need to point out the PvP value of incursions....

The Wardecs

Once corp A/Alliance A levels a wardec against corp B/ Alliance B and the 24 hour timer runs out, Concord will no longer be jamming any weapon systems.

All the would be victims get ample heads up that stuff is going down and it would be dangerous to undock in your shiny mining/mission running ship. Giving them the choice to opt between a warship for pew pew or the loggofski button to wait it out

Corp A / Alliance A will now have to pay a substantial amount of isk in order to get lol kills, which factors in more nicely with the risk/cost & reward equation. They still get to pew pew.

What would this mean for systems with a sec rating of 0.7+?

No more jihadding
No more mackinaw ganks
No more Hulk ganks
Bye bye Hulkageddon without wardecs
No more unwanted can flipping aggression
You'll have to pay to pew much like the noobies you pray on have to pay to do anything without much success

All of the above activities will be regulated and pushed down to less secured space

Will this mean the end of Hulkageddon? - No (You can still do this in 0.5 & 0.6 space, or pay for the wardec)
Will this mean the end of can flipping and griefing? - No (You can still do this in 0.5 & 0.6 space, or pay for the wardec)
Will this mean the end of jihadding? - No (You can still do this in 0.5 & 0.6 space, or pay for the wardec if your targets are elsewhere)
Will this mean the end of gatecamps in hi-sec? - No (wardec)
Will this mean the end of station camping in Jita? - No (wardec)
Will this mean the end of Mission ganking/griefing? - Nope. This will continue as usual
Will this mean the end of Incursion griefing? - Nope. This will continue as usual

Now all we'd need is a fix to dec shielding.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Yashir Wong
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-03-18 07:41:56 UTC
Personally, I don't like it. I like the fact that there is no perfectly safe region of space. If your suggestion was implemented stories like the $1000 kestrel wouldn't exist. That story is what initially drew me to Eve. It made the game stand out.

Getting suicided sucks. All you need to do though is pay a hair more attention to anyone popping onto your overview. Also, if you're botting, until the EULA changes, you deserve to die.
Gerrick Palivorn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-03-18 07:54:12 UTC
Wait are you trolling?

This means that if I'm in an NPC Corp and stick to mainly highsec (+.07) routes I'll never have to worry about anybody ganking me or stealing my stuff. No this will make it so no one will leave teh 0.7-1.0 Zones and treat 0.5-0.6 space like it was lowsec. Don't like being ganked at the undock, don't shop at major trading hubs.

Oddly enough most of the best priced items I find are nowhere near major hubs. This idea is too exploitable and a blatent trolling attempt by the OP.

MMOs come and go, but Eve remains.  -Garresh-

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#4 - 2012-03-18 08:15:50 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
Why not amend Concord to jam all weapons systems of players in space that would be aimed at a player (And not a Pirate NPC rat), where the space has a security rating of 0.7/0.8 or higher, thus preventing any aggression outside of a wardec.
Because it's a very bad idea that would make certain sections of space safe, and that must never happen.

Quote:

No more jihadding
No more mackinaw ganks
No more Hulk ganks
You'll have to pay to pew much like the noobies you pray on have to pay to do anything without much success
All of these are bad changes.

No. Horrid idea in every way imaginable.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#5 - 2012-03-18 08:29:32 UTC
I love how every response so far has ignored the existence of a wardec.

Anybody care to share why they hate the wardec so much?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#6 - 2012-03-18 08:37:09 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
The existence of wardecs makes no difference because it's not a universally applicable system.

Highsec does not need to be safer than it already is — if anything, it needs to be made much less safe so ships can be lost more often and more easily to all kinds of attacks.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#7 - 2012-03-18 09:00:58 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:

As someone noted above, you can't wardec someone who stays in an NPC corp. And you can't really wardec someone who knows how to utilize a "dec-shield."

To echo what Gerrick Palivorn said: if you stay in 0.7+ systems and never leave an NPC corp, you will never be ganked again.
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#8 - 2012-03-18 10:12:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Asuka Solo wrote:
Any pilot with an Empire faction standing of -7.00 or so will know exactly what I'm talking about. You can't fly through Amarr space with a cool ship and cloak it if your Amarr standings are that terrabad. The exact message you get is that the Amarr Navy is jamming your cloaking systems or something along those lines.

CCP gave us wardecs to wage hi-security war with, but hardly anybody uses them in favor of jihad ganking outside of a wardec, exploiting a meticulous system whereby a few hundred thousand isk destroyers can take out unarmed ships that cost multiple millions of isk. This is done in space with a security rating anywhere between 0.5 and 1.0 and making a massive profit for virtually zero risk and financial loss in the process. Yes brosefs and brosefettes, that barge just has to drop a strip miner or 2 for you to make profit out of your Thrasher loss.

With the 0.0 argument of risk vs reward standing fast (But in hisec being gimped into a lesser cost = more reward monster), this must be rectified.

So here's a thought.

If no wardec is in place, the would be pirate/jihaddist/ganker would simply get the message indicating that "Concord is jamming your weapon systems".

Areas where this would not apply:

1) Missions - The moment you warp through any acceleration gate, your on your own as Concord can't save you or intervene. To this end, players will be able to shoot mission runners as per normal.

2) Incursions - Like I really need to point out the PvP value of incursions....

The Wardecs

Once corp A/Alliance A levels a wardec against corp B/ Alliance B and the 24 hour timer runs out, Concord will no longer be jamming any weapon systems.

All the would be victims get ample heads up that stuff is going down and it would be dangerous to undock in your shiny mining/mission running ship. Giving them the choice to opt between a warship for pew pew or the loggofski button to wait it out

Corp A / Alliance A will now have to pay a substantial amount of isk in order to get lol kills, which factors in more nicely with the risk/cost & reward equation. They still get to pew pew.

No more jihadding
No more mackinaw ganks
No more Hulk ganks

All of the above activities will be regulated and pushed down to less secured space

Will this mean the end of Hulkageddon? - No (You can still do this in 0.5 & 0.6 space, or pay for the wardec)
Will this mean the end of can flipping and griefing? - No (You can still do this in 0.5 & 0.6 space, or pay for the wardec)
Will this mean the end of jihadding? - No (You can still do this in 0.5 & 0.6 space, or pay for the wardec if your targets are elsewhere)
Will this mean the end of gatecamps in hi-sec? - No (wardec)
Will this mean the end of station camping in Jita? - No (wardec)
Will this mean the end of Mission ganking/griefing? - Nope. This will continue as usual
Will this mean the end of Incursion griefing? - Nope. This will continue as usual

Now all we'd need is a fix to dec shielding.

ShockedUghRoll

You:

Uninstall.

Now.

E: And this, too:

Tippia wrote:
All of these are bad changes.

No. Horrid idea in every way imaginable.

You are trolling, right, OP?

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#9 - 2012-03-18 12:04:28 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Asuka Solo wrote:

As someone noted above, you can't wardec someone who stays in an NPC corp. And you can't really wardec someone who knows how to utilize a "dec-shield."

To echo what Gerrick Palivorn said: if you stay in 0.7+ systems and never leave an NPC corp, you will never be ganked again.

So if CCP fixed the wardeccing system to allow NPC cor decs and find a solution to dec shielding?

What then?

And lets assume they also entertain the idea of revamping Faction Warfare so that all Faction NPC corps enter the war as well...

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#10 - 2012-03-18 12:40:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Asuka Solo wrote:
So if CCP fixed the wardeccing system to allow NPC cor decs and find a solution to dec shielding?

What then?
Then the question still remains: what problem are you trying to solve? And no, ganks are not a problem.
Blatant Forum Alt
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-03-18 12:55:42 UTC
Confirming that I am posting in gank butthurt whine thread #8429.
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#12 - 2012-03-18 12:59:31 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Asuka Solo wrote:

What then?
Then the question still remains: what problem are you trying to solve? And no, ganks are not a problem.

You kind of quoted 2 problems right there... separate issues in and of themselves, but linked in the greater picture of high security pvp.

So hows about you answer another question.

Why are you avoiding wardeccing as a standard practice?

And no, NPC corps cannot be the only focus of a wardec, so that can't be the only problem. Is it because you dont like to pay for PvP?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#13 - 2012-03-18 13:07:50 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
You kind of quoted 2 problems right there...
Your proposal does nothing to solve NPC corp wardec safety (which isn't a problem anyway) or decshielding.

Quote:

…which as what to do with making space safer and abolishing a perfectly working game mechanic, exactly?

Your idea does the exact opposite of what you claim you want: it reduces risk. It also does not seem to address any actual problem, so again: what problem are you trying to solve here?
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-03-18 14:47:29 UTC
Naw, only the first part about jamming all forms of weapons in highsec and amending that to include all regions of highsec from .5 to 1.0. Hehe, AFK a freighter full of tech goo up and down the Jita pipe will make the forums warm every downtime as players rage how they can't shoot the guy.

+1 for that suggestion, I second.

Awesome! I am glad I agree with myself. Motion carries

All hail safe highsec! Shocked

/sarcasmn

No, its fine as is. EVE isn't like other games, all regions of space are available to open fire. That is what allows ganking, so suck up the fact that you are able to destroy a ship even if it costs you sec status.

Just wish sec status dropped even more then -10 so it takes even longer to get it back up and that EVE was even harsher, like added taxes to increase market costs the farther you went in the red and CONCORD starts to shoot your pod which invalidates the med clone (don't want to lose SP, keep sec status balanced and stop yourself from going full blown bad ass). Hehe, it got harsher so that is a good thing Twisted. Terrible idea, but it does have merit making EVE harsher Roll

As for wardecs, here is mind blowing hint: In real life people do things that can involve you, but you don't want to be involved because its annoying to you....that is why people avoid wardecs...human nature, if you are not interested you don't participate in what the other guy wants. But non-consent nature of EVE allows you to still participate in your prefered games, so gank away.
MushroomMushroom
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-03-18 16:31:56 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Asuka Solo wrote:

What then?

You kind of quoted 2 problems right there... separate issues in and of themselves, but linked in the greater picture of high security pvp.

And no, NPC corps cannot be the only focus of a wardec, so that can't be the only problem. Is it because you dont like to pay for PvP?

Wardeccing as a standard practice doesn't create non-con pvp. Any carebear with an understanding of game mechanics will promptly stay docked till they drop corp, or use a dec shield. The only way to hit a carebear like myself is a suicide gank. I don't mission, and I'll never be on grid with an incursion, therefor I will be 100% safe in 0.7 or higher, and 100% safety in eve is game breakingly wrong.
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#16 - 2012-03-18 16:58:36 UTC
You're trading safety for payout.

Game design working properly.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Tarryn Nightstorm
#17 - 2012-03-18 21:09:24 UTC
Tippia wrote:
[...] It also does not seem to address any actual problem, so again: what problem are you trying to solve here?

Her mewling, puling, utterly needless fear of--horror of horrors!--losing a pixel-spaceship and/or pixel money in a freaking video-game.

There is a problem, here, that no-one seems to want to acknowledge exists, least of all CCP:

The OP can find it by looking in a mirror.

vOv ::carebears:: vOv

I don't get it, man, how the f do they work?Roll

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Tarryn Nightstorm
#18 - 2012-03-18 21:15:31 UTC
MushroomMushroom wrote:

Wardeccing as a standard practice doesn't create non-con pvp. Any carebear with an understanding of game mechanics will promptly stay docked till they drop corp, or use a dec shield. The only way to hit a carebear like myself is a suicide gank. I don't mission, and I'll never be on grid with an incursion, therefor I will be 100% safe in 0.7 or higher, and 100% safety in eve is game breakingly wrong.

^^This^^

Read this twice, OP, as this is a carebear who gets it.

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#19 - 2012-03-19 03:25:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Simi Kusoni
Well this proposal would certainly make running radars and mag sites in high sec interesting.

Also, the reason wardecs aren't used isnt because suicide ganking is so awesome. Its because, as people pointed out above, wardecs are a joke.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]