These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Introduce sanctions for Unconstructive troll forum users.

First post
Author
Tovartis Roberts
Simulation 1
#1 - 2012-03-18 20:44:40 UTC
details are in the title, sick of trolls, forums are for constructive discussions negative or positive aslong as its constructive, we need moderators to start sanctioning peoples rights to post in the forums if all they do is troll.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-03-18 20:45:44 UTC
CCP already bans people both temporarily and permanently for a pattern on long term bad posting.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

OfBalance
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-03-18 20:46:15 UTC
Oh he mad.
Nikola Aivoras
Mercantilist Corporation of New Eden
#4 - 2012-03-18 20:47:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Nikola Aivoras
If you post bad ideas, or even good ones, in the wrong forum section, you deserve to be trolled.

So, in fact, the trolls are following forum regulations, while you are not, therefore, you should be 'sanctioned'.
Arec Bardwin
#5 - 2012-03-18 20:49:44 UTC
Tovartis Roberts wrote:
forums are for constructive discussions negative or positive aslong as its constructive

You must be new here.
Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-18 20:49:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Rath Kelbore
Making a suggestion like "we should be able to re allocate our skill points" is borderline trolling. Seeing as it's been brought up a million times.

Reference

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#7 - 2012-03-18 20:52:17 UTC
Sarah Blackburn
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-03-18 20:56:05 UTC
What you on about ?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#9 - 2012-03-18 21:00:37 UTC
Sarah Blackburn wrote:
What you on about ?
Upon presenting, for the 346789th time, the idea of skill remaps, the OP was met with… ehm… a less than positive response. The OP is less than thrilled with this response, and here we are.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-03-18 21:03:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Tovartis Roberts wrote:
details are in the title, sick of trolls, forums are for constructive discussions negative or positive aslong as its constructive, we need moderators to start sanctioning peoples rights to post in the forums if all they do is troll.

Your post could be considered a troll, too.

Besides, who are you to demand things anyway ?

Or would you class your ... inquiry (lol) ... as "constructive idea" ?

Not only that, but who forces you to stay in a place that makes you sick ? ("sick of trolls")

On what ground do you believe that your idea of what a forum is for is the right one ?

What makes you special, compared to all the others that don't feel the need to open up a thread like this ?

"We need police to control the people so they behave in a proper way."
(Edit: "The one way which i believe is the right one.")
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#11 - 2012-03-18 21:06:54 UTC
Whining because you can't take responsibility for your actions should be sanctioned too.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#12 - 2012-03-18 21:08:42 UTC
We need moderators to stop bad posts. This is what the nanny state has come to.
HELIC0N ONE
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-03-18 21:09:55 UTC
Everyone who disagrees with me is a troll and a witch and a communist.

Mods please ban everyone who disagrees with me.
Sarah Blackburn
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-03-18 21:13:47 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Sarah Blackburn wrote:
What you on about ?
Upon presenting, for the 346789th time, the idea of skill remaps, the OP was met with… ehm… a less than positive response. The OP is less than thrilled with this response, and here we are.

Cool yer I hate op people crap in people's posts make sense no don't they help me jeebus

Cunane Jeran
#15 - 2012-03-18 21:16:49 UTC
I'd rather have bans on people who post utter trash and then cry when they don't get their way.

Such as the OP.
Nikola Aivoras
Mercantilist Corporation of New Eden
#16 - 2012-03-18 21:17:09 UTC
Sarah Blackburn wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Sarah Blackburn wrote:
What you on about ?

Cool yer I hate op people crap in people's posts make sense no don't they help me jeebus

What?
Kogh Ayon
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-03-18 21:17:41 UTC
It can be good. We may just need someone to remove trolls in some discussion topics. Allowing ISDs to moderate certain topics could be a good idea, I can hardly finish some topics with 20+ pages
ISD Eshtir
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#18 - 2012-03-18 21:18:01 UTC
If you spot a bad post or poster simply use the report feature (the little yellow flag) and the moderators will take care of it.

ISD Eshtir

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons

Interstellar Services Department