These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

I was Scammed and i came to here to name names :)

Author
Shaampoo
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-03-18 01:49:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Shaampoo
Hi Everybod

I was scammed. Nothing new I know but I am posting it here to at-least name and shame those involved making it hard to go thou next time

The Scam the very old Goons recruitment Scam. Before you sit there Smug as *** i know it was a stupid move on my behalf
So where are details

Playa : Scooter McCabe https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Scooter%20McCabe

Corp SUNDERING you can assume they are all dishonest :

https://gate.eveonline.com/Corporation/SUNDERING

They seem to operate a Fake website at http://goonfleet.net

Acceptance email
http://i.imgur.com/Y0FqY.jpg

Useful link from reddit

Ex Goon outlines the scam http://pastebin.com/z4prj3W

Also here is a rainbow before you troll

http://lightwater.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/rainbow_small.jpg [:ugh:

Quick Edit-
so you don't have to read this Nosedive of Failure of mine and go about you day of parting hard with no pants o

I got scammed i know i am stupid ect " a fool and his money are easily parted" i don't care. I sure as hell wont swear vengeance to the gods of wrath or anything like that

My hope is that this will add a little publicity to the issue that is Goons taking advantage of the issue. Hell they have 2 URLS just so there is no clear connection that means that they are that committed to be being bottom feeders

The accusation of me being spy or i just lost my deposit cause of contractual clauses ect are lies. I don't know how or have time to prove that i wasn't but i wasn't

I guess for now just take my word for it i don;t have any reason to lie i am the out 1 billion isk with no hope of return

Edit updating links as they masterfully broken ( some one edited my post and removed the last letter of the hyperlink :S and adding a SS of the mail as proof
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#2 - 2012-03-18 02:07:29 UTC
Was the last one of these even off the front page yet?

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-03-18 02:26:45 UTC
One does not simply.. name names.
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#4 - 2012-03-18 03:04:55 UTC
DILLIGAF?

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-03-18 09:14:38 UTC
I looked into this and the OP left out the part where he was found to be a spy from a hostile alliance. Unfortunately our posted policy is to keep the security deposit in these cases.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#6 - 2012-03-18 10:19:28 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
I looked into this and the OP left out the part where he was found to be a spy from a hostile alliance. Unfortunately our posted policy is to keep the security deposit in these cases.

Isn't that fairly cut-and-paste these days?

Then again, so is this scam. And thread.

http://www.wormholes.info

Firebolt145
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#7 - 2012-03-18 10:22:57 UTC
MadMuppet wrote:
DILLIGAF?

Hadn't seen this one before but I'm proud of myself for figuring it out instantly :>
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#8 - 2012-03-18 10:40:52 UTC
MadMuppet wrote:
DILLIGAF?

[/Thread]

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Garven Dreis
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-03-18 11:20:46 UTC
I am amazed by people who still fall for this scam, even though it is a) well documented and b) ancient.

Terrible Poster Runner-up 2014

haulas
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-03-18 14:31:31 UTC
For calling everyone "dishonest" u shud be kicked in the sack, the ball sack.
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#11 - 2012-03-18 15:20:11 UTC
I don't know whats more stupid these days...

Falling for this scam (which is so old you need to carbon date it)

or

Telling everyone how stupid you are by Posting that you fell for it on the Forums.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Kr0nicz187 BUKBUK
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-03-18 15:31:49 UTC
Right when I read "another goon recruitment scam" I knew I had to make this reply, you sir are a dunce. Have a Good Day!

MoA

lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#13 - 2012-03-18 15:55:09 UTC
OH MY ******* GOD we are in the same corp -.-

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Tango Hotel
4th Drake Squadron
#14 - 2012-03-18 17:11:09 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:

Oh, Ladie Harlot. How good of you to join us.

Ofcause none of us here doubt your word that Shampoo is an intelligence agent of a hostile alliance, and not a sad-sack bleeding heart idiot!

I take that your that your statement is made in a private capacity, and not ex officio, but we are all intrigued by Shampoo's allegations with respect to the "scamming manual" and the counterfeit site mentioned.

Could you look into that as well; perhaps even clarify your Federation's official position on these allegations.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2012-03-18 17:12:19 UTC
lanyaie wrote:

Send the OP my thanks for all of that sweet intel.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2012-03-18 17:14:14 UTC
Tango Hotel wrote:
Ladie Harlot wrote:

Oh, Ladie Harlot. How good of you to join us.

Ofcause none of us here doubt your word that Shampoo is an intelligence agent of a hostile alliance, and not a sad-sack bleeding heart idiot!

I take that your that your statement is made in a private capacity, and not ex officio, but we are all intrigued by Shampoo's allegations with respect to the "scamming manual" and the counterfeit site mentioned.

Could you look into that as well; perhaps even clarify your Federation's official position on these allegations.

intergalactic summit is that way -->

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Tango Hotel
4th Drake Squadron
#17 - 2012-03-18 17:56:26 UTC
Andski wrote:
intergalactic summit is that way -->

Yeah, I expected that much Big smile
lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#18 - 2012-03-18 19:18:27 UTC
ahaha intel good one if he even knows anything about us :P

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#19 - 2012-03-18 21:18:30 UTC
lanyaie wrote:

Kick him, now.

Much as I hate to admit it, goonies did you a service by helping you cull the herd.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Shaampoo
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2012-03-18 22:48:07 UTC
Should of said OP is dum tbh but i just dont give a **** posting here to allow the google to get more hits
123Next pageLast page