These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

V3 - ships you'd hate to see changed?

Author
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-03-17 21:29:51 UTC
We all have 'em - favourite ships with that colour scheme to die for. I for one used to love that green hornet the Gallente call the Ishkur

Currently, I'm in love with the Damnation. Nothing says internet spaceships e-peen like a black and silver chicken with ice-blue lights that can sport a buffer second only to God/Capital ships. I dread to think what CCP will do to the murderchicken after what they did to the Ishkur.

Any ships you'd hate to see changed?

Dodixie > Hek

Nikola Aivoras
Mercantilist Corporation of New Eden
#2 - 2012-03-17 21:37:51 UTC
Well, unfortunately, CCP seems bent on changing all the Khanid ships to a grey color rather than black, like what they've done to the Sacrilege.

I for one would rather they didn't change the Amarr Navy ships' color scheme. Silver and blue is just too good to throw away.

Valentyn3
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#3 - 2012-03-17 21:50:42 UTC
Rhea, it's the only ship with the old Ishukone camo print on it and it looks so much better than the stupid gold to silver gradient. Mostly because we already have butt ugly gold ships with the lai dai corp Roll

I don't always use hax. But when I do, it's because I'm an NPC.. http://i.imgur.com/PUZou.jpg

Raven Ether
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-03-17 22:30:00 UTC
Lai Dai color scheme sucked, and still SUCKS.

Can't wait for custom skins to fix my lai dai vessels...
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#5 - 2012-03-17 22:33:00 UTC
Whatever happened to the whole plan with Incursion to get NPC corporation skins like that Ishukone Scorpion?

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#6 - 2012-03-17 22:40:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
I'd hate for the Raven to get changed, having seen how they treated the Scorpion, which used to be my favorite ship and the new art-direction for the newer Caldari ships (all long like a bunch of boxes and slabs put together in a a very symmetrical fashion).

Also i REALLY hate what they did to the Maller. So that's a bit of a 'hate to see' after the fact. From something of a tough and sleek piece of armor into some very messy Minmatar interpretation of Amarrian fashion. And then a shamefully lazy copy-paste for the Sacrilege, which used to be one of the most bad-ass looking ships out there.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Rixiu
PonyTek
#7 - 2012-03-17 23:00:16 UTC
Tobiaz wrote:
Whatever happened to the whole plan with Incursion to get NPC corporation skins like that Ishukone Scorpion?

Look in the nex store soon™ and you see what happened to that plan.
Jack bubu
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-03-17 23:06:16 UTC
Tobiaz wrote:
I'd hate for the Raven to get changed, having seen how they treated the Scorpion, which used to be my favorite ship and the new art-direction for the newer Caldari ships (all long like a bunch of boxes and slabs put together in a a very symmetrical fashion).

Also i REALLY hate what they did to the Maller. So that's a bit of a 'hate to see' after the fact. From something of a tough and sleek piece of armor into some very messy Minmatar interpretation of Amarrian fashion. And then a shamefully lazy copy-paste for the Sacrilege, which used to be one of the most bad-ass looking ships out there.

uh incase you missed it, they allready redid the raven.
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#9 - 2012-03-17 23:37:25 UTC
I was not impressed what they did with the gallente ships, the shuttle looked great as it was as did the Vexor/Ishtar. It this paintjob uniformity so they know which race's ships they're nerfing?

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Heimdallofasgard
Ministry of Furious Retribution
Fraternity.
#10 - 2012-03-17 23:56:41 UTC
Serge Bastana wrote:
I was not impressed what they did with the gallente ships, the shuttle looked great as it was as did the Vexor/Ishtar. It this paintjob uniformity so they know which race's ships they're nerfing?

BOOO!!! Gallente ships look amazing now!

I hope they don't change the damnation too much, or the rifter.
Landrae
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-03-18 00:03:00 UTC
Can't wait till T'amber wins the CSM and I will have hello kitty EVERYTHING
Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#12 - 2012-03-18 00:19:38 UTC
Landrae wrote:
Can't wait till T'amber wins the CSM and I will have hello kitty EVERYTHING

Like hell CCP will ever let that happen.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Nick Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#13 - 2012-03-18 00:22:24 UTC
I'm not too much concerned about "skins" for sale.
I would rather have the option to simply put my corp logo on the ship.

No, this is just my own personal want ... nothing I've heard suggests this may happen.

Nothing clever at this time.

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#14 - 2012-03-18 01:11:23 UTC
Rifter.

Because it doesn't matter WHAT they do to it, there will always be a vocal minority who will spend 3months shitting up GD with "WAAAAAAAAA I WANT IT HOW IT WAS!!"

But seriously, I want to see what they do to V3 minmatar ships. So far the tornado looks promising.
V3 Amarr so far ... looks weak. I do not like the Apoc since the change at all. It's meant to be the "golden fleet" but it looks closer to brass.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Burhtun
Burhtun Shipyards
#15 - 2012-03-18 01:55:39 UTC
I've become used to the new darker Apocalypse. It looks less like a banana now, so I suppose that is a good change. I also like the new Ishkur skin and the new Maller, though I agree it is perhaps a TAD too junky for Amarr. I think a lot of it has to do with the lighter parts being too heavily divided up into near-perfect square sections. Brings to mind concrete sidewalks. Other than that it looks way more bad ass than the old goofy one. Raven change was nice. Scorpion is too campy with its over the top attempt to look like its name. But other than that its good. New Amarr rookie ship is very nice looking. The others are ok. Tornado is awesome looking. In general I think CCP is doing well with the upgrades. There will be some hits and misses but everyone will have their own opinions. I'm not dreading change to anything really. If anything I wish they changed the V3'd gallente and caldari more than they did. Bring on the change.

But get rid of all the damn camouflage. Roll
Oberine Noriepa
#16 - 2012-03-18 02:43:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Oberine Noriepa
Heimdallofasgard wrote:
BOOO!!! Gallente ships look amazing now!

Agreed. They look very nice. I think the Ishkur looks way better than it did before.

OfBalance
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-03-18 02:52:59 UTC
Raven Ether wrote:

You mean Ishukone, right? I have yet to come across anyone in-game who thought the fade-to-gold-krylon scheme was anything but hilariously bad.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#18 - 2012-03-18 03:52:43 UTC
OfBalance wrote:
Raven Ether wrote:

You mean Ishukone, right? I have yet to come across anyone in-game who thought the fade-to-gold-krylon scheme was anything but hilariously bad.

I love it :3

Almost makes we wanna fly a Vulture.

The Drake is a Lie

Kojach Baumherr
State War Academy
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-03-18 04:34:10 UTC
the comet used to be a sweet cop car, then they turned it into a lame MP jeep
Valentyn3
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#20 - 2012-03-18 05:13:16 UTC
OfBalance wrote:
Raven Ether wrote:

It's to ease you into the Amarr color scheme when you give up and cross train one of the ftw races.

I don't always use hax. But when I do, it's because I'm an NPC.. http://i.imgur.com/PUZou.jpg

12Next page