These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Quick Q About Suicide-Ganking a Tengu

Author
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#1 - 2012-03-16 20:33:32 UTC
Sooo...

...This smug little twit in a Tengu...errrm...annoyed me last night, so now I'm wondering:

Can a solo Arty-Nado with middle-of-the-road skills account for a typical exploration (I'm assuming non-covops because it's hisec, and what it looked like from doing a "look-at" on the ship) Tengu?

Per EFT, with higher named guns, damage mods, no rigs or implants, I'd get around 9500 Alpha and a duration of roughly 1 per 15.5 seconds (overheating and with RepFleet ammo). Will that do it in a 0.5-0.7 rated system, especially if the Tengu is using its MicroWarpdrive--I will have two target-painters on it, and at least one tracking computer.

Because smug-bear needs to know pain, and that's coming from a somewhat carebearish pilot (with some sec-status to lose, naturally) Twisted

Or should I just wardec the target's corp (my 1 man shell-corp. vs. their 1-person corp)?

'Ta, mates.

E: That'll teach you to jack my 'plex after I spent a week trying to find one, ***** (/Me giggles madly--URP-SPLOSION!!)!

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#2 - 2012-03-16 20:38:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Istvaan Shogaatsu
You'll need two.

edit: Three to be safe with middling skills.
Tarryn Nightstorm
#3 - 2012-03-16 20:41:06 UTC
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
You'll need two.

Thank you, sir.

Looks like a wardec, then...no sec-hits, cool!

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#4 - 2012-03-16 20:46:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Istvaan Shogaatsu
If his 10gu has any nice loot (billion range) on it, we'd be happy to suicide it for you. Our talented griefsmiths are fixing their security status as we speak.

Killboard

They're our favourite food.
Tarryn Nightstorm
#5 - 2012-03-16 21:01:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
If his 10gu has any nice loot (billion range) on it, we'd be happy to suicide it for you. Our talented griefsmiths are fixing their security status as we speak

Killboard

/Me chuckles darkly...I'll keep this in mind.

I do wonder though, if the solo/small gang war-dec'cer is still a viable path in EVE (IE, people like Nexa Necis and TRAPS, although I think s/he stopped playing some while ago. His/her stories made for great lols on EVE-Pirate.com, anyway.)

Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#6 - 2012-03-17 02:02:15 UTC
Ship-scanning the evil tengu first helps a lot.
Or at least recognizing his defensive subsystem.

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Patri Andari
Thukker Tribe Antiquities Importer
#7 - 2012-03-17 02:08:17 UTC
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
If his 10gu has any nice loot (billion range) on it, we'd be happy to suicide it for you. Our talented griefsmiths are fixing their security status as we speak.

Killboard

And this, boys and girls, is why you should not bling Tengu in high sec.

Be careful what you think, for your thoughts become your words. Be careful what you say, for your words become your actions. Be careful what you do, for your actions become your character. And character is everything. - author unknown

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#8 - 2012-03-17 03:55:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Istvaan Shogaatsu
That's January.

This is February.

110 billion in damage in two months, not bad... 150b damage if you count March.
Hambonie
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-03-17 06:11:15 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
You'll need two.

Thank you, sir.

Don't waste yourtime with Decshield alliance if they know about it they will shead the war dec just let someone gank him

"Soldiers don't die, they just go to hell to regroup"

-Im a anti anti pirate with a carebear side-

Tarryn Nightstorm
#10 - 2012-03-17 09:42:02 UTC
My word, some of those fits...

Yep, good ole' dec-shield--this BS needs sorting man, why the Hell is CCP driving one of these through our sand-pit?

Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-03-17 10:20:04 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:

Yep, good ole' dec-shield--this BS needs sorting man, why the Hell is CCP driving one of these through our sand-pit?

I'm doing what I can, I swear.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-03-17 13:19:39 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:

Maybe to show you the door where the real Eve is played, like low sec/null sec?

Or are you just risk averse? Lol
Zedrik Cayne
Standards and Practices
#13 - 2012-03-17 13:20:11 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:

Thing is...Dec shield makes sense in context. What doesn't make sense is the inability of the rest of us to put the screws down on the owners of dec shield.

We need investigatory tools to follow the money.

Economic agents like locator agents to get aspects of an individual player or corp finances. Transactions etc.

So we can go back and figure out who funded it...and punch them in the isk wallet.

A wealthy trader is the source? What is he trading in? Enough isk can crush that. Etc.

It is the natural progression of things. Station is safe? Probably, but your wallet is not if you are exposed on the market.

Who hired the merc? Follow the isk. Who funded dec shield? Follow the isk.

You want to not show up on someone's isk trail? You do business face to face in a station with big briefcases of isk. (Hello.. reason for walking in stations)

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-03-17 14:16:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Zedrik Cayne wrote:
Thing is...Dec shield makes sense in context. What doesn't make sense is the inability of the rest of us to put the screws down on the owners of dec shield.

THere are already far too many free info. This must be effort coming from you, not easy free given for no effort like local, char info/contracts.If you're not smart enough to get that information then you don't deserve it, specially for free.

Quote:
Economic agents like locator agents to get aspects of an individual player or corp finances. Transactions etc.
So we can go back and figure out who funded it...and punch them in the isk wallet.

See answer above. Plus, I guess you missed last summer episode about walk in stations amirite?
You play the wrong game, that I'm sure of it.

Quote:
It is the natural progression of things

It isn't, it's a space ships game where you play space ships, if you want to play your char and that stuff go play Dust514
All the information you are looking for are already available but you are incapable to find out how to have those and/or can't/don't want to put the necessary effort to get it: you don't deserve it and there's no reason why CCP should give it to you.
Tarryn Nightstorm
#15 - 2012-03-17 16:37:03 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:

Maybe to show you the door where the real Eve is played, like low sec/null sec?

Or are you just risk averse? Lol

I've got an expedition going into losec tonight.

And you can have your wall-of-carebear nullsec drama shitfest, Little Ms. Sanctimonious Forum Alt.

Risk-averse?

Why don't you tell us who your main is, then.

Tinu Moorhsum
Random Events
#16 - 2012-03-17 17:38:37 UTC
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:

Killboard

I wish you would post in every thread about how over powered the Tengu is.

Good work!

T-
Vetorept Fera
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-03-17 18:56:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Vetorept Fera
Somebody tried to alpha me once on the Dodixie (0.9) undock in an arty Tempest. My tank wasn't running and his strike took me to 3/4 shields gone, I wasn't even really paying attention until I saw the damage spike. Since then I always get my tank going first thing after undocking and always roll with an active EM hardener -the Tengu's resistance hole-

If he would have had a friend they could've popped me. So definitely bring two, three is almost a guaranteed kill.

In pace requiescat

Mokanor Lenak
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-03-18 09:41:04 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
You'll need two.

Thank you, sir.

Well tbh one is enough, depends on the system (0.6/0.5 you might be able to pull it off) and his tank.
A simple PvE tank will not have much EHP, so you might be able to take him in 2-3 shots if he is not aware of you.

And regarding war-dec, eve-uni has made it easy to bypass it for small corps either by joining the dec-shield alliance and leave to lose the war-dec, or he can just leave the corp and stay in npc corp while roaming.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#19 - 2012-03-18 10:16:54 UTC
Tinu Moorhsum wrote:
I wish you would post in every thread about how over powered the Tengu is.

The Tengu is only overpowered to the Angel Cartel.

http://www.wormholes.info

Zedrik Cayne
Standards and Practices
#20 - 2012-03-18 15:07:33 UTC
Tanya Powers wrote:
Zedrik Cayne wrote:

THere are already far too many free info. This must be effort coming from you, not easy free given for no effort like local, char info/contracts.If you're not smart enough to get that information then you don't deserve it, specially for free.

Quote:

See answer above. Plus, I guess you missed last summer episode about walk in stations amirite?
You play the wrong game, that I'm sure of it.

Quote:
It is the natural progression of things

It isn't, it's a space ships game where you play space ships, if you want to play your char and that stuff go play Dust514
All the information you are looking for are already available but you are incapable to find out how to have those and/or can't/don't want to put the necessary effort to get it: you don't deserve it and there's no reason why CCP should give it to you.

EvE Online is a universe simulator. If you want to be limited to only playing pew pew games..Be my guest.

Some of us would like to be able to do things which make sense in a universe such as this. We can already bribe concord. Why not the SCC?

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

12Next page