These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Is Suicide Ganking suddenly a problem?

Author
Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#41 - 2012-03-17 09:37:51 UTC
Terminal Insanity wrote:
Or are all these new threads just alts on alt accounts of alt accounts?

After the insurance fraud fix, Tempests lost favor and Thrashers and Ruptures became the norm. Now, Tornados seem to be a great middle-option but i still see most ganks done by thrasher/rupture gangs, not 'nados.

What are these people's evidence that suicide ganking is now a new problem? Or have the carebears just gotten tired of complaining about cloaks?

People with more ISK than sense and who completely misunderstand what "hi sec" means have been bawwing about suicide ganking at least since 2006, which was when I started playing. Probably longer.

The suicide ganking threads seem to come in waves, with about a 10-12 week cycle time. You'll notice that each time it's a relatively few people making most of the noise.
Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#42 - 2012-03-17 09:39:24 UTC
Father Void wrote:
It's all fair in love and war but I do get a little annoyed that I have zero counter for a suicide gank that doesn't target me.

Here's your billion isk Fenrir so you can move things around. No you don't get to add mods. No there is no counter. "Staying undocked" is not a counter.

The penalty for suicide ganking is far to lite. I think they need to rethink how negative and positive standing affect things.

Support my proposal for bounty hunting reform with transferable kill-rights:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=32462
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#43 - 2012-03-17 10:41:58 UTC
Tippia wrote:
No.

People are just increasingly fooling themselves that highsec is a safe place, and get upset when their illusions are shattered.

CCP's made hisec safer just for them--and left sui-ganking as the only realistic "direct-combat" option in a lot of cases.

Well.

Be careful what you wish for, little cry-bears, because you might just get it.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#44 - 2012-03-17 11:07:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Fly byNighter wrote:

[multi-quote snip]

GTH

Im an alt so to i don't attract grifer, or someone that just wants to troll. I see people that go after defenseless mining barges afraid of getting involved into real PVP. If I want to fight I would get my PVP toon and look for someone that wants to fight. it's alright though the less miners there are on the fields the more isk i make and the more the price of ore keeps going up. So in some way I salute the individuals that kill the Hulk in high sec. (if they had a better shield fit anyway, they would be able to survive until Concord gets there, it's the selfless miners that puts mine upgrade on that die.) Please continue as every little bit helps increase the prices and helps inflation, which always makes the price of base ores more!!!!

1/10.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#45 - 2012-03-17 23:30:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Istvaan Shogaatsu
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
I'd like to state in no uncertain terms that this spike of complaints re: suicide ganking has nothing whatsoever to do with the GHSC's recent suicide gank campaign, or the buttloads of carebear 10gu we've blapped.

Those PvE-gu fits are all "eerily" similar, and a lot of 1-man shell corps.

Botters?

Yes, it turned out. Many of the 10gus we've killed belonged to the same person, A Puppetmaster, also known as Krall Amarr back in the day. He even threatened us for interrupting his income flow, and sent some mercenaries after us. He even provided us with a self-incriminating log!

An awesome thread about an awesome corporation

Once again, it is nothing but a complete coincidence that a mass-banning of his characters occurred shortly after this thread was posted. We disavow any involvement.
Previous page123