These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Crime Spree

Author
Lord Malic
State War Academy
Caldari State
#61 - 2012-03-17 04:10:09 UTC
as the carebear wrecking machine that i am. i fully support this! CAREBEARS BEWARE... im gonna get you!!! Evil
Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2012-03-17 04:14:54 UTC
We'll take those, too. Both is good. Most of us prefer fights, but ganks are hilarious.
Kristopher Arione
State War Academy
Caldari State
#63 - 2012-03-17 05:06:57 UTC
Am I the guy who got reimbursed that you mentioned? because I did get my abaddon reimbursed after I was exploited in the middle of an orca raid.
Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2012-03-17 05:11:49 UTC
Kristopher Arione wrote:
Am I the guy who got reimbursed that you mentioned? because I did get my abaddon reimbursed after I was exploited in the middle of an orca raid.

Nah, it was my good friend rareden.
Kristopher Arione
State War Academy
Caldari State
#65 - 2012-03-17 05:14:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Kristopher Arione
the guy from clearly compensating? oh btw I stole a machariel and a CNR from NOPOD. do I get a muffin?

Victims were
Jessica Hellminner - Macharial
Tweak Caldarellis - CNR

told em id give em t2 rigs for free, handed the hulls over without 2nd thought.,
Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2012-03-17 05:16:20 UTC
Yeah, he used to be with clearly compensating. Grats on the stolen ships.
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#67 - 2012-03-17 10:30:30 UTC
Propmod wrote:
I have little sympathy for high sec griefers or anyone else taking high sec seriously, bears included. All I see is people wanting easy targets that dont fight back. The griefers are just another form of carebear.

Fancy that: It's often the bears who are doing just that, not the big, bad "griefers."

Oh, and because player ships urp-splode more pretty than NPC-ships.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

CatreX Nolen
Doomheim
#68 - 2012-03-17 13:18:12 UTC
good thing I can start using them t2 blasters in 24h.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#69 - 2012-03-17 14:09:46 UTC
Psychotic Monk wrote:
This isn't the thread for that discussion, but I will very briefly cover why I do my favorite work in highsec.

I prefer small gang warfare to huge blobs. I really like it when my individual skill counts for something. What nullsec considers a small gang is twenty dudes and it gets hotdropped by three hundred Drakes. Not really interested.

Additionally, I don't really like the common mass of people. While there are exceptional dudes in most alliances, you have to put up with the hive-mind of mouth-breathing sperglords. I don't want to do that. This dislike may be aggravated by having been in TEST. (love for my TESTies, but about 80% of you I want to choke with my bare hands. Reset TEST.)

Now dec scraping has taken all of the fights out of highsec, so we've been messing about with Wormhole space recently, but we still like to grief, and highsec is our ancestral home.

But now griefing is taking nerf after nerf. So, the thread above.

Feel a rant coming on about how suck the whole jump gate mechanic is. But perhaps the problem goes deeper? Gate blobs appear boring to participate in, but there is no effort by players to clear them, it feels like one "side" of the matter, the people comprising this "great wall of carebear" have more of a financial motivation so the bots on the other side can run un-molested.

This game cries out for some way to break down this wall. These gate to gate jump mechanics have to go. If ships could dial in warps system to system "Star Wars style", the blobs will be replaced by combat patrols and small gang engagements will happen.

That's my derailing .02.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Nick Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#70 - 2012-03-18 03:40:04 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
edited for length ...

This game cries out for some way to break down this wall. These gate to gate jump mechanics have to go. If ships could dial in warps system to system "Star Wars style", the blobs will be replaced by combat patrols and small gang engagements will happen.

That's my derailing .02.

Now that's one of the coolest ideas I've heard of lately.
You should write that one up for the Features and Ideas section.

Nothing clever at this time.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#71 - 2012-03-18 07:19:16 UTC
Nick Bison wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
edited for length ...

That's my derailing .02.

Now that's one of the coolest ideas I've heard of lately.
You should write that one up for the Features and Ideas section.

Tried.
Failed.
The bloc that benefits from the status quo is presently too powerful.

I am hoping that the goons think it's a good idea. Seriously.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2012-03-18 07:44:45 UTC
If Herzog's suggestion were implemented,Eve would be a much more about fights rather than auto piloting through all those empty systems.
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2012-03-18 23:00:58 UTC
Psychotic Monk wrote:
If we can't have this game, neither can the carebears.

I am putting up all the money I can scratch together to fund a crime spree. You think it was bad when we were shoplifting Slim-Jims? Well now we're going to burn the 7-11 to the ******* ground. The Skunkworks will be flipping tables and stabbing people in broad daylight and we're inviting everyone who operates in highsec in a PvP way to join us. We're not even out for profit or our own amusement. We're out for blood and tears. We want rage quits and people punching monitors. We want each and every griefer, cutthroat, shitheel, mercenary, scammer, spy, thief and puppy-kicker to be stomping through the post-apocalyptic wasteland that used to be highsec, swinging wrecking-ball fists at anything stupid enough to get in our way.

So, to make your teary sad story short, a griefer is feeling grief and anguish because he's unable to grief. And I bet it would surprise you to know there's a clinical term for this Blink.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2012-03-18 23:39:19 UTC
yawn, another hi sec grief thread. guys can't have fun doing anything else?
Zubrette
R3d Fire
#75 - 2012-03-19 01:34:49 UTC
Too many carebears getting off on the fact that CCP is catering to baddies who only want to run missions. There has to be risk involved, even in highsec, or you're going to get bored pretty quickly.

Whether or not you want to admit it, regardless of how hard CCP marginalizes griefing, it's a legitimate way of playing this game.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#76 - 2012-03-19 13:24:49 UTC
Propmod wrote:
I have little sympathy for high sec griefers or anyone else taking high sec seriously, bears included. All I see is people wanting easy targets that dont fight back. The griefers are just another form of carebear.

One of my earliest gang fights--and also one of my favorites--was when we engaged an enemy fleet just outside their POS shield. We got in under their POS guns, wiped all but one of their ships, and got out with no losses.

Not all of us are risk-averse. Some of us just enjoy the mechanics of highsec, where a blob of 40 ships can't ruin all the intel and maneuvering by wiping one or both smaller fleets before a trap is sprung.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Subdolus Venator
State War Academy
Caldari State
#77 - 2012-03-19 14:28:24 UTC
Psychotic Monk wrote:
Highsec has been getting safer and safer. Every time one of us thinks up some clever way to visit violence upon carebears, we get nerfed. We keep thinking up more interesting stuff, but it only lasts so long before it gets nerfed.

:: long rant snipped ::

Quote:
We're being pushed out of the game.

Love the tears.
Twisted

The species that survives is not the strongest, but the one most responsive to change.
Evolve, or die.

EVE is EVE - Feaces will eventuate.

StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#78 - 2012-03-19 14:34:38 UTC
All i see is a bunch of text saying people whom want player versus player interaction are running out of ways to force people who do not want player versus player interaction into doin said player versus player activities. In games where pvp results in you just respawning and goin back to w/e this would be fine. But eve is diff, When stuff goes poof its gone. So it doesnt surprise me (and nor should it you) that people do not want to PVP. This is entirely different than most other games.

This is working as ccp intended. And is gettin better every day. Eventually you will have no choice but to play with people looking for the same thing as you. PVP,Explosions and destruction. It just wont be on your terms. Which im willing to bank is why your so adament on gettin the drop on hapless mission runners and the like. You know for sure that mission bears pve navy raven will not hold up to your pvp neut cane. There is no challenge. This is what your looking for. Handouts in the form of people whom unknowingly engage your ninjibis.

Im all for PVP, And enjoy it. But there is aspects of this game that are not solely based on it. I am willing to accept not everyone wants to PVP. Why is it so hard for you to accept this? <--- That was a serious question.

To all who think Eve is a strictly pvp based game, If this wer true there would be no pve aspect. Get over it!

And to the Op,

Why u no want challenge?

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Ash Stewart
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#79 - 2012-03-19 17:24:36 UTC
Psychotic Monk wrote:
This isn't the thread for that discussion, but I will very briefly cover why I do my favorite work in highsec.

I prefer small gang warfare to huge blobs. I really like it when my individual skill counts for something. What nullsec considers a small gang is twenty dudes and it gets hotdropped by three hundred Drakes. Not really interested.

Additionally, I don't really like the common mass of people. While there are exceptional dudes in most alliances, you have to put up with the hive-mind of mouth-breathing sperglords. I don't want to do that. This dislike may be aggravated by having been in TEST. (love for my TESTies, but about 80% of you I want to choke with my bare hands. Reset TEST.)

Now dec scraping has taken all of the fights out of highsec, so we've been messing about with Wormhole space recently, but we still like to grief, and highsec is our ancestral home.

But now griefing is taking nerf after nerf. So, the thread above.

You clearly have been spending too much time in high sec. There are areas in null sec where you can get decent solo fights and not worry too much about blobs!

Just get out there and find them (hint.... try Great Wildlands).

.................It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight Risin' up to the challenge of our rival And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger...............

Ash Stewart
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#80 - 2012-03-19 17:31:20 UTC
Propmod wrote:

I've got nothing against griefing, it's just another way to play eve (heck.. even i do it).

Griefing and taking out haulers and miners just makes the game realistic to everyone involved; which is one reason why I love this game (high sec carebears who take exception to this are in the wrong game -- they ought to prepare for it, like in real life).

BUT, I take exception to people trying to grief new players out of the game. Do that TOO MUCH, and you lose your future pvpers.

.................It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight Risin' up to the challenge of our rival And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger...............