These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Crime Spree

Author
Griznatch
Distinguished Gentleman's Boating Club
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#41 - 2012-03-16 20:02:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Griznatch
Have you tried holding your breath and stamping your feet? Thats what the carebears do and they appear to be winning this slap fight.

also, totally not legit edit snipe.

I used to have a clever sig but I lost it.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#42 - 2012-03-16 20:04:56 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Captian Otsolen wrote:
"Most ganks in a noob system – 100m"

Maybe I am wrong, but isn't killing people in one of the starting systems considered griefing and bannable?

http://support.eveonline.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=336

Shhhh this is how we filter out the idiots. People dumb enough to go off ganking rookies get banned and we have fewer stupid people playing Eve. I only admit it here because the idiots are too dumb to read past the first post Lol

Also, there are non-rookies in starter systems. Uitra has quite a bit of fighting going on. You just can't shoot the rookies and can baiting/flipping is strictly prohibited.

Funny you mention that. Back in '06 I was flying with a fellow who routinely put a can out labeled "free stuff" right where the velators were undocking - popped ships for hours one night. I was barely out of rookie ships myself so it was pointless for me to try. Wonder how old this rule is.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Amun Khonsu
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#43 - 2012-03-16 20:28:45 UTC
wth are you on about? Incoherent ranting.

Psychotic Monk wrote:
So what now? We're being pushed out of the game.

You are being pushed out of the game because you cant do what you want in "High Security" systems?

What your entire rant amounts to is that you are too cowardly to leave high sec.

Fight them until turmoil is no more and strike terror into their hearts. www.ross-fw.net

Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2012-03-16 20:45:04 UTC
This isn't the thread for that discussion, but I will very briefly cover why I do my favorite work in highsec.

I prefer small gang warfare to huge blobs. I really like it when my individual skill counts for something. What nullsec considers a small gang is twenty dudes and it gets hotdropped by three hundred Drakes. Not really interested.

Additionally, I don't really like the common mass of people. While there are exceptional dudes in most alliances, you have to put up with the hive-mind of mouth-breathing sperglords. I don't want to do that. This dislike may be aggravated by having been in TEST. (love for my TESTies, but about 80% of you I want to choke with my bare hands. Reset TEST.)

Now dec scraping has taken all of the fights out of highsec, so we've been messing about with Wormhole space recently, but we still like to grief, and highsec is our ancestral home.

But now griefing is taking nerf after nerf. So, the thread above.
tomd741
Pure Victory
#45 - 2012-03-16 20:53:09 UTC
lol griefer tears best tears! Big smileBig smileBig smile

MOAR TEARS!!

Check out my Bio for the Ore Buyback Calculator

Apolleneous
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-03-16 20:57:17 UTC
I fail to see the point here, as you are complaining about "PvP" in high-sec, take yourself to low or null and get all you want brah simple, lots of luck with your propaganda though Blink.
rareden
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2012-03-16 21:29:58 UTC
Apolleneous wrote:
I fail to see the point here, as you are complaining about "PvP" in high-sec, take yourself to low or null and get all you want brah simple, lots of luck with your propaganda though Blink.

pro tip, read 2 posts up
Zubrette
R3d Fire
#48 - 2012-03-16 22:08:58 UTC
Apparently CCP's objectives are nerfing fun and condoning botting. Lets hope some new CSM candidates get the "look we fixed our **** after incarna" goggles knocked off their faces.
Apolleneous
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2012-03-16 22:31:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Apolleneous
rareden wrote:
Apolleneous wrote:

pro tip, read 2 posts up

Fair enough here is a bit more. Although I sort of get what you are trying to say (who really wants to be 100% safe really), why not just continue to gank players in wormholes? Those players are already well aware of the risk involved. In the comment above you stated, "I really like it when my individual skill counts for something", what "skills" would it really take to go against clueless noobs in high sec? Why not put your skills to a real test, and go for more selective kills in low, wormhole space, or null? So essentially, what I am really getting from all this is that you don't like the odds against you in lo/null sec.
Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2012-03-16 22:44:32 UTC
Apolleneous wrote:
rareden wrote:
Apolleneous wrote:

pro tip, read 2 posts up

Fair enough here is a bit more. Although I sort of get what you are trying to say (who really wants to be 100% safe really), why not just continue to gank players in wormholes? Those players are already well aware of the risk involved. In the comment above you stated, "I really like it when my individual skill counts for something", what "skills" would it really take to go against clueless noobs in high sec? Why not put your skills to a real test, and go for more selective kills in low, wormhole space, or null? So essentially, what I am really getting from all this is that you don't like the odds against you in lo/null sec.

Ah! Not just a knuckle-dragger. Cool.

Certainly we are rocking the WH space. It's a bit slow, but it's something to do, for sure. But there is another issue. While I don't speak for all of my highsec knife-fighting brethern, I like slapping down the sort of narrow-minded, ******** mouth-breathing idiots that I would like to punch in real life, but can't because :laws: and :morality:. While they exist to some extent everywhere, they are most concentrated in highsec.

In null I can't really harass a particularly punchable target very effectivly.

Anyways, enough derail. I'm sure I'll make a post covering all this in my attention-whore blog at some point. Let's talk instead about the part where we are organizing to punch even the faces that don't deserve punching.

(Also, grief is fun.)
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#51 - 2012-03-16 22:57:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
I support this endeavour 100%, goes without saying, but to re-iterate:

Please do leave the 1-day-old newbs (not "n00bs," actual beginners) out of this, if possible.

We were all newbs once, and as I recall, the truly new players don't yet know enough about enough that griefing them would be of any real use (that, plus baiting/griefing in starter-systems can get you banned, as I'm sure you know)...

...But educating/informing these newbs--and then recruiting them, maybe?

That could be much more useful in the mid- and long-term--for everyone who values the sandbox--IMHO.

E: Ah, just read post #36. Good on ya, mate, have a "Like."

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#52 - 2012-03-16 23:06:50 UTC
tomd741 wrote:

MOAR TEARS!!

You're just not getting it, are you?

WoW ----->

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Aradus Gunnell
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2012-03-16 23:26:54 UTC
Big thanks to Monk for posting this. Any player-driven competition is worth it. After all, this is serious business! Twisted

TEN EVEning News (http://www.tacticalentertainment.tv) has spoken with Monk, and we're putting up a PLEX for the best 'more tears' audio submission. Once Monk selects the lose...ahem...winner, we'll have him on the podcast to talk about the Crime Spree, the winners, and to play the audio.

SPENCE from TEN EVEning News! DUST514 & EVE Online news every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!

We Pay Isk for good stories!  Contact me via eve mail, here on the forums, or at www.tacticalentertainment.tv

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#54 - 2012-03-17 01:34:05 UTC
Amun Khonsu wrote:
What your entire rant amounts to is that you are too cowardly to leave high sec.

Except he has a long history in nullsec, as do most of our corp and most griefers, gankers, and pirates. After spending about six months among these guys, I find that I'm in the minority as someone who has lived almost entirely in highsec.

This isn't a bunch of no-risk PVPers whining because we're having a harder time shooting stuff on Jita 4-4. We're looking for honest fights. Six months ago we were able to get fights on a regular basis. Back then I had to queue blog posts on a delay because I only wanted to do three updates a week, and we were having FUN engagements more often than that. Today we've withdrawn to w-space to pile up cash, pick what fights we can, and wait for Inferno. My blog hasn't been updated in forever because...what is there to update? Eve got boring.

tomd741 wrote:

MOAR TEARS!!

Did I sound like this when I was a carebear? God I hope not. Every time anyone points out a legitimate problem in Eve some idiot has to show up and crow "_____ tears best tears" because obviously you can't point out flaws without crying about it.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
#55 - 2012-03-17 01:56:19 UTC

Kind of funny how carebears don't even understand what 'tears' are.
Its like small children misusing dirty words, because they heard them on television and don't even know what they mean. Lol

Let me explain....
Tears are those sad comments you get in local when you blow up or steal someones property. Sometimes they come in Evemail form, and occasionally in forum posts.

An example of griefer tears would be if I attempted to gank someone and was outwitted and failed miserably. If I started crying about how unfair it is in local, thats griefer tears.

Complaining about (and spreading knowledge of) stealth nerfs? Pretty sure they don't qualify.

If this is some strange new definition of tears I am dealing with....
Petty pathetic that the only tears that Bears will ever taste are the ones fed to them straight from a CCP baby bottle.

I prefer to go out and collect my own, TY.

Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#56 - 2012-03-17 02:12:28 UTC
Herr Wilkus wrote:

Its like small children misusing dirty words, because they heard them on television and don't even know what they mean. Lol

Let me explain....
Tears are those sad comments you get in local when you blow up or steal someones property. Sometimes they come in Evemail form, and occasionally in forum posts.

An example of griefer tears would be if I attempted to gank someone and was outwitted and failed miserably. If I started crying about how unfair it is in local, thats griefer tears.

Complaining about (and spreading knowledge of) stealth nerfs? Pretty sure they don't qualify.

If this is some strange new definition of tears I am dealing with....
Petty pathetic that the only tears that Bears will ever taste are the ones fed to them straight from a CCP baby bottle.

I prefer to go out and collect my own, TY.

Sorry to say, this post is too far above the logic and reading comprehension of those it is directed at.

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Moustached Slimy Worm
Go Petition Blizzard
Safety.
#57 - 2012-03-17 02:18:09 UTC
I am officially returning to Eve to participate in this event
IsTheOpOver
#58 - 2012-03-17 02:25:13 UTC  |  Edited by: IsTheOpOver
Herr Wilkus wrote:

I'm pretty sure the misuse of this term happens from more than just carebears.

Looking forward to your tornado tips =)

Edit: poor grammar
tomd741
Pure Victory
#59 - 2012-03-17 03:16:16 UTC
[quote=FloppieTheBanjoClown][quote=Amun Khonsu]This isn't a bunch of no-risk PVPers whining because we're having a harder time shooting stuff on Jita 4-4. We're looking for honest fights.

rofl. yes., cause "honest fights" are getting new players into your corp and ganking them, suiciding miners, killing incursions ppl,griefing, etc. Yeah right Big smileShockedRoll

Check out my Bio for the Ore Buyback Calculator

Propmod
The Creepshow
#60 - 2012-03-17 03:38:46 UTC
I have little sympathy for high sec griefers or anyone else taking high sec seriously, bears included. All I see is people wanting easy targets that dont fight back. The griefers are just another form of carebear.