These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The newest grief game play after Patch 1.5 - Mission pillage II

Author
Kogh Ayon
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-03-16 01:17:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Kogh Ayon
As before, the bounty was shared between fleet members or the person aggro if he's not in a fleet.

But CCP changed it stealthly

After 1.5 patch

"The bounties now only go to the person dealing the last blow. "

It is really good for my noob buddy to get a fleet with his noctisBig smile I can just fleet him and aggro, kill rat without worrying about losing bounties.

But then I come up with a good idea. Just get an alt to probe some CNRs down in a mission hub, warp your main with a big bad gunship to compete with the poor carebear. (he will be definitely fail since he has to tank every thing and kill everything, but all you need to do is just take the last shoot on the BS rat or kill the BS/BC rats on yourself)

It can be a very profitable professional since you can just get the BS/BC rat's bounty(with has the best EHP/bounty raito) and warp out to the next mission space(warp back after 10 minutes maybe?Twisted), and left the poor guy sit in his CNR and cry at his "456,670 isk" total for his 20 minutes work.

1400 Macherial/Maelstrom/Tornado are the best! or any long range DPS gunship will work

It would be the another legal disaster for missioners after ninja salvage/looting
Azure Moonlight
Atomic Core Industries and Science
#2 - 2012-03-16 01:24:20 UTC
True but CCP admitted it was a bug, so maybe they fix it.

Yay 10 years! :D

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#3 - 2012-03-16 01:25:28 UTC
Except CCP acknowledged it's borked and they are going to fix it.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Arsedestroyer
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-03-16 01:26:41 UTC
People run missions for bounties?

He'll complete his missions faster and rake in all the LP for less effort...

Incredibly evil griefing, I must admit...
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-03-16 01:27:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Sasha Azala
Edit: Doc beat me to it.
Kogh Ayon
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-03-16 01:32:13 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Except CCP acknowledged it's borked and they are going to fix it.



I disagree. There are two things changed about the killing a rat: the secure status sharing and the bounty sharing. What I have see is CCP admitted the secure status sharing system is broken, then the other should be what they want to keep, otherwise there should be no need to touch the code about rats.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#7 - 2012-03-16 01:56:14 UTC
If profit is your objective, wouldn't it make more sense to take your own level 4?
If maiximum griefing is your goal, go kill mackinaw's like the other people too lazy to run roams in null bot space.
Kogh Ayon
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-03-16 02:02:03 UTC
Ocih wrote:
If profit is your objective, wouldn't it make more sense to take your own level 4?
If maiximum griefing is your goal, go kill mackinaw's like the other people too lazy to run roams in null bot space.


Too lazy to go ss ratting
Kolya Medz
Kolya Inc.
#9 - 2012-03-16 02:24:18 UTC
"Ninja Missioning.." Never thought there'd be such a thing. .

I'd use a marauder if I did it, then I could ninja salvage at the same time. Might be profitable if your good at scanning.
Drew Solaert
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-03-16 02:29:05 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Tobiaz wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:

3. Stealth 'nerf' to how bounties are paid out on belt rats. The bounties now only go to the person dealing the last blow. While this is largely a non-issue, it kills off teamwork in ratting security status up quickly. No one at CCP is able to give a consistent ruling on if this is a feature, a bug; nor if it even exists in-game at all. Despite the fact that it obviously is if you spend time to test it.



I read it's not only bounties but sec bonus as well. Big face-palm overall though.


I will gladly confirm that this is a defect and that a fix for it will be forthcoming shortly.


That implies to me it covers both bounties and sec status.

Nothing more to see here folks.

I lied :o

Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#11 - 2012-03-16 04:09:19 UTC
Kolya Medz wrote:
I'd use a marauder if I did it, then I could ninja salvage at the same time.
Because those super-duper marauder tractor beams totally work on wrecks you don't own!

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Taedrin
Virtues Corporation
#12 - 2012-03-16 04:20:53 UTC
Grumpymunky wrote:
Kolya Medz wrote:
I'd use a marauder if I did it, then I could ninja salvage at the same time.
Because those super-duper marauder tractor beams totally work on wrecks you don't own!


Who owns the wreck if someone else gets the last shot?
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#13 - 2012-03-16 04:25:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Grumpymunky
Taedrin wrote:
Grumpymunky wrote:
Kolya Medz wrote:
I'd use a marauder if I did it, then I could ninja salvage at the same time.
Because those super-duper marauder tractor beams totally work on wrecks you don't own!


Who owns the wreck if someone else gets the last shot?
The one who owns the mission, regardless of who kills it.

Not that a marauder would be a bad choice, spare highs for more salvagers.
Personally I'd go Machariel.

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Argaral
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2012-03-16 05:02:59 UTC
Grumpymunky wrote:
Taedrin wrote:
Grumpymunky wrote:
Kolya Medz wrote:
I'd use a marauder if I did it, then I could ninja salvage at the same time.
Because those super-duper marauder tractor beams totally work on wrecks you don't own!


Who owns the wreck if someone else gets the last shot?
The one who owns the mission, regardless of who kills it.

Not that a marauder would be a bad choice, spare highs for more salvagers.
Personally I'd go Machariel.


I'm not sure on this. I'm fairly certain its the person who kills it.
Taedrin
Virtues Corporation
#15 - 2012-03-16 05:11:21 UTC
Grumpymunky wrote:
Taedrin wrote:
Grumpymunky wrote:
Kolya Medz wrote:
I'd use a marauder if I did it, then I could ninja salvage at the same time.
Because those super-duper marauder tractor beams totally work on wrecks you don't own!


Who owns the wreck if someone else gets the last shot?
The one who owns the mission, regardless of who kills it.

Not that a marauder would be a bad choice, spare highs for more salvagers.
Personally I'd go Machariel.


I highly doubt it is the mission runner's wreck even if he doesn't take a shot at it. I may have to test this when I have the time...
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#16 - 2012-03-16 05:15:45 UTC
You people have never been in another person's mission before, have you? Roll

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Kogh Ayon
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-03-16 19:34:49 UTC
Kolya Medz wrote:
"Ninja Missioning.." Never thought there'd be such a thing. .

I'd use a marauder if I did it, then I could ninja salvage at the same time. Might be profitable if your good at scanning.


Get a buddy to do the ninja looting would be better