These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Fit project: - pyfa 1.1.7 (Inferno 1.0)

First post
Author
Kadesh Priestess
DEMONS OF THE HIDDEN MIST
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#361 - 2012-03-03 17:28:46 UTC
pmchem wrote:
Very interesting post. I will trust that Entity's description is correct and the time-to-invulnerability is lower than the stopwatch align time. If true, that's important and how aligns should be calculated. I had not considered the slow server side ticks -- but what about cases for things like a low skill charon where stopwatch align and pyfa align differ by >2 seconds? In that case two server ticks have passed, so it seems server ticks or transport layer cannot account for all of that.
Good question, but unfortunately i don't have skill set to try such situation myself. I'll try to check it on SiSi (few days of training to any t1 freighter), but not sure that conditions will be met (my subcap agility skills are at V).
Entity
X-Factor Industries
Synthetic Existence
#362 - 2012-03-03 17:28:50 UTC
pmchem wrote:
Kadesh Priestess wrote:

2) Align time. Today Entity shed some light onto how Destiny works. The key point to the numbers you got and the numbers you have in EFT is that method you're using to measure align time is naturally flawed. It would work semi-okayish in 100x slowed down by TiDi system, but using stopwatch in normal conditions leads to wrong results. The proper way would be:

Very interesting post. I will trust that Entity's description is correct and the time-to-invulnerability is lower than the stopwatch align time. If true, that's important and how aligns should be calculated. I had not considered the slow server side ticks -- but what about cases for things like a low skill charon where stopwatch align and pyfa align differ by >2 seconds? In that case two server ticks have passed, so it seems server ticks or transport layer cannot account for all of that.

Thanks for the follow-up, at any rate.

Having done the stopwatch thing myself several times, the measured time should actually be equal to the ceiling (ie. 3.1s reported align = 4s) warp align time given by my formula as expected. I checked it in a no-lag situation on a non-TiDi node.

Also note that in the reported Charon cases:
Max skill, no implant = 42.1s -> 43s true align
Max skill, AY-2 = 40.01s -> 41s true align
Max skill, AY-2.5 = 39.58 -> 40s true align

╦......║...╔╗.║.║.╔╗.╦║.╔╗╔╦╗╔╗

║.╔╗╔╗╔╣.╔╗╠..╠ ╠╗╠╝.║╠ ╠╝║║║╚╗

╩═╚╝║.╚╝.╚╝║..╚╝║║╚╝.╩╚╝╚╝║.║╚╝

Got Item?

Vonlutt
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#363 - 2012-03-04 09:54:44 UTC
Kadesh Priestess wrote:
Use pre-generated keys for now (or key of the same length, lol). This problem has already been fixed internally.

Kayyyy, so in other words I'll have to wait until the next release to try this out.

Just curious, not to push or anything, but is there a ballpark guess when that may be? Thanks.
Nebu Retski
Lead Farmers
#364 - 2012-03-05 11:17:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Nebu Retski
Whenever I start pyfa I get a warning:

Profile size field missing from iCCP chunk:
12:12:39 PM: Not enough memory to decompress chunk
12:12:39 PM: Profile size field missing from iCCP chunk

After I click OK and then select a ship class or open Skill editor it pops up this warning again and again. Aside that I can do whatever in pyfa without any issues. I was wondering what is causing these warnings and if I need to do something to prevent it. It's slightly annoying, but nothing serieus.

I am running the git version on Linux 3.2.6-2-ARCH and the errors has popped up a couple of weeks ago after I updated my system. Today I installed the lastet git version and the issue is still there.
Kadesh Priestess
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#365 - 2012-03-13 18:42:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadesh Priestess
New release, 1.1.3.

Windows: installer, archive
Mac: dmg, archive
Source: archive

• Database updated to Crucible 1.5
  • Tracking column now shows not just accuracy of weapons, but additional info for other modules
  • Fixed bug where some items which are both faction and are available on market (e.g. faction ships) were using less-acurate price data source in some edge cases
  • It should be possible to use custom vCodes in character API now

New functionality of tracking column now can be described as: it shows strength of module's primary effect, if its effect is not evident on your ship stats. For example, co-processors' cpu boost is visible in cpu bar, local eccm influence can be seen from ship's sensor strength (you don't care how strong eccm's influence is, you care about ship's sensor strength), thus all of them will have this column empty. But: you see remote eccm sensor boost strength, salvaging chance, tracking disruptor strength (max value of all 3 effects is shown), scanner probe base strength, point strength, web strength and so on, because there's no other way to see its influence result by taking a brief look at your ship stats. Tracking icon is somewhat obsolete now, we'll replace it later. Also some tooltips telling what's shown exactly would be good, i know - next time.

I had some time which i could spend either on this or character import from xml. I preferred this one - think much more people will welcome it. Character import next time, hopefully.

Also, this release contains dmg image which is more conventional for mac users. It's experimental, thus please tell if it doesn't work for you while archive does; also it's somewhat hard for me to make (involves one of my friends who have macs, need them for dmg compression), so i can't promise it will be reliably provided with each release. But we'll try.
Tek Handle
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#366 - 2012-03-15 23:24:46 UTC
pyfa runs into a deadlock, if you try to import an pre-crucible-1.5 xml and one's not able to exit the app without killing the process.

pyfa.exe.log wrote:
Exception in thread Thread-5:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyo", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
File "service\fit.pyo", line 65, in run
File "service\fit.pyo", line 581, in importFit
File "eos\saveddata\fit.pyo", line 79, in importAuto
File "eos\saveddata\fit.pyo", line 318, in importXml
File "xml\dom\minidom.pyo", line 1924, in parseString
File "xml\dom\expatbuilder.pyo", line 940, in parseString
File "xml\dom\expatbuilder.pyo", line 223, in parseString
ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 133, column 54
Logan Darkwater
The Exclave
#367 - 2012-03-16 23:43:20 UTC
Possible bug in newest pyfa update?
All of a sudden my tengu fit wasn't stable anymore, so I rushed in-game to check it, in case there was a change I wasn't aware of, but in-game everything is fine.
Started fiddeling about and found that in pyfa, my RF10mn AB now demands more cap and gives less speedboost than what it does in-game. Thoughts?
Kadesh Priestess
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#368 - 2012-03-17 22:56:47 UTC
Tek Handle wrote:
pyfa runs into a deadlock, if you try to import an pre-crucible-1.5 xml and one's not able to exit the app without killing the process.
Please share XML so i can reproduce error reliably.

Logan Darkwater wrote:
Possible bug in newest pyfa update?
All of a sudden my tengu fit wasn't stable anymore, so I rushed in-game to check it, in case there was a change I wasn't aware of, but in-game everything is fine.
Started fiddeling about and found that in pyfa, my RF10mn AB now demands more cap and gives less speedboost than what it does in-game. Thoughts?
Indeed, around 6 of afterburner-related effects were corrupted. I'll release upddate shortly which fixes it.
Logan Darkwater
The Exclave
#369 - 2012-03-17 23:11:50 UTC
And by the way, thanks for a great tool!
Adacia Calla
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#370 - 2012-03-18 01:38:40 UTC
Yeah Afterburners seem to be broken in Pyfa, was wondering why my Gist X 100MN AB was supposedly using 320GJ of cap when it's supposed to be about half that :o

Test signature....forum not applying settings :(

Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#371 - 2012-03-18 05:05:54 UTC
Also since the latest update I haven't been able to open the character editor without pyfa crashing out.

Running win7x64Ult, reinstalling didn't help either

pyfa.exe has stopped working
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pyfa.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 49180193
Fault Module Name: StackHash_7dfb
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00808080
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 7dfb
Additional Information 2: 7dfbbc475e63d053b743a5874653f85f
Additional Information 3: 8825
Additional Information 4: 88250278b1cdd584cbe2d0d883b29b3b

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Kadesh Priestess
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#372 - 2012-03-18 09:02:05 UTC
Copine Callmeknau wrote:
Also since the latest update I haven't been able to open the character editor without pyfa crashing out.

The guy who builds windows versions & installers updated his system recently, reinstalling all the tools needed - not surprising to me that something breaks, lol.

The only request - could you manually go to the folder with pyfa, wipe it completely manually, then re-install and see if it helps?
Kadesh Priestess
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#373 - 2012-03-19 20:34:20 UTC
New release, 1.1.4.

• Fixed several broken AB effects, introduced in 1.1.3
  • Tracking column switched its name & icon to better reflect its purposes, now it's Miscellanea data column: 1) now it tells what's shown in tooltip 2) for scan probes, base scan strength was replaced with probe scan strength when it's set to 2 au scan range 3) added data for mining, remote repairing and energy neutralizing modules and drones

Please note that inability to launch pyfa on some windows machines wasn't fixed - we do not have enough data for investigation (on our 2 win7 x86 and x86-64 machines it launches w/o any issues). If you experience it, please send us your system profile - for example, DxDiag (Win+R > dxdiag > save info as...), it may help.
Lina Thamaris
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#374 - 2012-03-20 21:25:26 UTC
Whenever I google Pyfa, the first thing that comes up is a Sourceforge page with an outdated version. Maybe it would be good if you updated your Sourceforge page, or remove it?

Otherwise: Great tool. Kudos!
Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#375 - 2012-03-21 11:27:33 UTC
Kadesh Priestess wrote:
Copine Callmeknau wrote:

The guy who builds windows versions & installers updated his system recently, reinstalling all the tools needed - not surprising to me that something breaks, lol.

The only request - could you manually go to the folder with pyfa, wipe it completely manually, then re-install and see if it helps?

Yup, that's the method I used to reinstall when the problem first appeared. Afraid it didn't help any

Just wiped it and reinstalled with the latest (1.1.4), problem still remains.
All other functions work perfectly, it only gives me a gpf when I open up the character editor

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Goran Konjich
Krompany
#376 - 2012-03-22 08:59:39 UTC
hi, thx

may i suggest that update of the proggy are always and only in the first post of this thread .... you can use new reply post just
to suggest and inform that new version is up for download and the changelog

thank you for understanding Idea

I'm a diplomat. Sometimes i throw 425mm wide briefcases at enemy. Such is EVE.

ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#377 - 2012-03-23 23:10:49 UTC
Pyfa is great. It looks better than EFT and it is just as useable (If not more so)

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Joel Mi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#378 - 2012-03-28 15:57:53 UTC
all the changes in modules names is driving me crazy with all my fits

is there any possible solution to replace the name of the modules w/o going trough every fit and do it by hand?

if the developers could comment this or anyone that as any info i would appreciate it very much
Whitehound
#379 - 2012-03-30 16:04:03 UTC
Hello,

thanks for this great tool. I have been using it for a while now and wish for two small features:

1.) A little box or a tool-tip or something that tells me the ideal distance, tracking and ship speed of a fitting. For example a ship with a speed of 500m/s is fitted with turrets and their range and tracking is 5,000m and 0.05rad/s. The ideal values are:

Ideal Range = Speed / Tracking = 500 / 0.05 = 10km
Ideal Tracking = Speed / Range = 500 / 5,000 = 0.1rad/s
Ideal Speed = Range * Tracking = 5,000 * 0.05 = 250m/s

I always have to calculate these values myself so I can see where I can improve my fitting. In the above example does it tell me that I have to increase the weapon range or their tracking to make use of my ship's speed or to change my propulsion. It helps me in optimizing a fitting and finding weaknesses. It would be great if you could include this into PYFA and so I do not have to do the math each time myself. Maybe something as simple as a tool-tip when hovering the mouse over a turret?!

2.) Another "nice to have" feature would be if the low-, mid- and high-slots had a visible distinction so that one can tell where one ends and the other starts. Especially when a ship is fully fitted does it get hard to see what the slot layout of a ship is.

Just two simple features, but I would love to see these in PYFA.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Kadesh Priestess
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#380 - 2012-03-30 17:14:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadesh Priestess
New release, 1.1.5.

• Updated database to Crucible 1.6 (multiple item name changes & new ultramarine iteron)

---

Goran Konjich wrote:
hi, thx

may i suggest that update of the proggy are always and only in the first post of this thread .... you can use new reply post just
to suggest and inform that new version is up for download and the changelog

thank you for understanding Idea
Well, we have dedicated page for this, I drop direct download links in notification posts just to make download process easier for those looking for new version.

Why 1st post is more convenient than site page?

Joel Mi wrote:
all the changes in modules names is driving me crazy with all my fits

is there any possible solution to replace the name of the modules w/o going trough every fit and do it by hand?

if the developers could comment this or anyone that as any info i would appreciate it very much
Pyfa stores all modules of your fits as IDs. Name changes shouldn't affect integrity of your fits.

Lina Thamaris wrote:
Whenever I google Pyfa, the first thing that comes up is a Sourceforge page with an outdated version. Maybe it would be good if you updated your Sourceforge page, or remove it?

Otherwise: Great tool. Kudos!
If i'll remember my sourceforge password - sure. Will try to change it right after this post :P

Whitehound wrote:
1) I always have to calculate these values myself so I can see where I can improve my fitting. In the above example does it tell me that I have to increase the weapon range or their tracking to make use of my ship's speed or to change my propulsion. It helps me in optimizing a fitting and finding weaknesses. It would be great if you could include this into PYFA and so I do not have to do the math each time myself. Maybe something as simple as a tool-tip when hovering the mouse over a turret?!

2.) Another "nice to have" feature would be if the low-, mid- and high-slots had a visible distinction so that one can tell where one ends and the other starts. Especially when a ship is fully fitted does it get hard to see what the slot layout of a ship is.
1) I think the most appropriate place for these values are graphs. The point is that there's no such term - 'ideal range'. It always depends on external factors, like enemy's signature, speed, types of his damage dealers and theirs damage projection.

I don't want pyfa to pretend to be smarter than its user, it just should assist with fit stats calculation, that's it.

Also don't think that i consider current graph system as ideal (even good), there's alot of room for improvement. But first things first.

2) It's one of the most requested features for ages, and it wasn't implemented due to technical difficulties. Fortunately, our UI developer is back to (some) action and he already has some drafts on how to work around such technical limitation.