These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Just "unliked" the Dust 514 facebook page...

First post
Author
Twulf
Thunder Clap Industry
Militaires-Sans-Frontieres.
#21 - 2012-03-15 20:29:55 UTC
Whats wrong with the Playstation? It has the best and cheapest Blue Ray player on the market and you can play games on it.
I got the PS3 for the blue Ray player mostly and to play sports games, everything else I play on the PC.

Playstation is not really bad at all.

P.S. An Average FPS player with a mouse and keyboard will own a professional gamer using controllers. That is a fact.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#22 - 2012-03-15 20:30:24 UTC
We'll figure out a way to port it to PC.

(won't be able to share it though, except in certain circles) Twisted

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Fly byNighter
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2012-03-15 20:43:18 UTC
OP
I don't think you get the point of adding a game to PS3 platform, when they do this the play base on both platforms will grow!!!! In the end there's more house with PC then PS3, BUT more "PS3 Gamers" then "PC gamers" so once the player see the nice spaceships above some will try Eve for the 1st time!!!!!!

CCP doesn't do a lot of advertisement in the US and the word of mouth this will create will help the Eve universe grow and grow to the highest numbers CCP has ever seen.

CCP sound NEVER put the eggs in one basket, having a diverse platform system will introduce new players to EVE!!!! This is a Win win win for everyone!!!!!!!
Landrae
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-03-15 20:43:39 UTC
Wukulo wrote:
m3talc0re X wrote:
I get pissed off every time I see some updated bulls*** about the game. I've been dying for an fps game based in the EVE universe and I am not buying a crapstation 3 to play it. Yes, I'm still in disbelief and a bit pissed off that we are not getting this game on PC...

So what's your well reasoned argument for hating a console you don't own?

Ive owned a PS2 and a PS3 both had general hardware failiures within 2 years of purchase. My Xbox 360 however I have had for 5 years and change still going strong.

/rant
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#25 - 2012-03-15 21:13:42 UTC
Landrae wrote:
Wukulo wrote:
m3talc0re X wrote:
I get pissed off every time I see some updated bulls*** about the game. I've been dying for an fps game based in the EVE universe and I am not buying a crapstation 3 to play it. Yes, I'm still in disbelief and a bit pissed off that we are not getting this game on PC...

Ive owned a PS2 and a PS3 both had general hardware failiures within 2 years of purchase. My Xbox 360 however I have had for 5 years and change still going strong.

/rant

I don't have anything against either box, but frankly your experience is the exact opposite of most multi console users.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Naga Elohim
Aeras Krekan Syndicate
#26 - 2012-03-15 21:26:07 UTC
Thanks for letting me know about the Dust 514 page. i just "liked it" Lol
Also...

U MAD BRO?
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-03-15 21:30:21 UTC
Owning a PC, XBox, Wii and Playstation 3 crew checking in. Sup?
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-03-15 21:36:54 UTC
Twulf wrote:
Whats wrong with the Playstation? It has the best and cheapest Blue Ray player on the market and you can play games on it.
I got the PS3 for the blue Ray player mostly and to play sports games, everything else I play on the PC.

P.S. An Average FPS player with a mouse and keyboard will own a professional gamer using controllers. That is a fact.

It is called fanboyism and ignorance.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#29 - 2012-03-15 21:41:42 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
THIS:

from March 8:

http://www.dust514base.com/2012/03/whats-this-talk-about-dust-514-is.html

Someone surely has saved the original source of this quote which mentions a few more points........I believe it was said on one of the radio shows.

Sony probably wants whatever cash they can get for a year or so, then it's probably going to be on PC, IMHO.

I think they did that as a get out of jail card. They can re-release to PC either later if it succeeds on the PS3 or earlier if it bombs. If the announce the fact directly now it may hurt the PS3 version sales and they probably don't want that.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#30 - 2012-03-15 21:50:43 UTC
Landrae wrote:
Wukulo wrote:
m3talc0re X wrote:

/rant

I owned two legacy X360s. The first one, new, red ringed on me. The second, refurbished, red ringed on me as well. I now own a slim X360. No problems so far. Also, I own a Wii, PS3, PSP, PC, and a 3DS. XD

Adapt or Die

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#31 - 2012-03-15 22:56:44 UTC
m3talc0re X wrote:
So many morons on these forums -_-

Terminal was probably the one of the only ones that even has half a brain...

Quote:
It's surprising that people lack the wit to realise by now that this is the platform the game is coming out on and if you are truly 'dying' for it then you only have one option.

It's surprising the lack of people that have a functional f***ing rant-detector. Also surprising you got it's/its right...

Thread Locked: Ranting isn't permitted on the forums. Please try and remain constructive.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Herold Oldtimer
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-03-15 23:01:47 UTC
Are people still up in arms about the platform decision?
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2012-03-15 23:11:55 UTC
The reason why CCP decided to release the game on the PS3 rather than the PC is that making it a PC game would take some players out of EVE which would defeat the entire purpose having the whole cross game/platform technology. CCP also wants to expand into a more popular method of gaming, consoles.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Hauling Hal
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2012-03-15 23:22:42 UTC
As I've said before, the Eve playerbase is a hell of a lot smaller than the PS3 player base, so our opinions don't really count for much when it comes to stating what system DUST514 needs to be on, despite what some forum warriors think.
Oxandrolone
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-03-16 00:38:19 UTC
i would love this game aswell, but there is no way they could make it good enough to make me consider playing an fps on a console. i can play sport games on a consolo but fps and stratergy are only playable on PC for me
Acac Sunflyier
The Ascended Academy
#36 - 2012-03-16 01:13:33 UTC
m3talc0re X wrote:

Old news. Please learn to use an RSS feed.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#37 - 2012-03-16 13:27:30 UTC
Acac Sunflyier wrote:
m3talc0re X wrote:

Old news. Please learn to use an RSS feed.

You tell 'em Roll

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Tyler Rainez
#38 - 2012-03-16 13:44:23 UTC
Twulf wrote:

Dust will be able to support mouse and KB on the ps3....first fps I will play on a console cause of the fact.
BellaDonna Nyghtshade
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2012-03-16 14:00:08 UTC
Twulf wrote:

You do realize that you can put a keyboard and mouse on a PS3, don't you? Just as a PC player can stick a console controller on their PC.

All of the "better" games recognize them straightaway, and you can wasd yourself to the moon and back, if that's your boat.

Sorta negates your "advantage" pretty much right there.

Then again, prejudiced and closed minds will always only know and understand what they want to.................
TheBlueMonkey
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-03-16 14:05:13 UTC
m3talc0re X wrote:

posting to express disapointment that you didn't call it a gaystation
Previous page123Next page