These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Names! ...AGAIN?! o.O

Author
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#41 - 2012-03-15 19:11:01 UTC
Taipion wrote:
Azure Moonlight wrote:
I really wonder if CCP is going back to the old Incarna days now. So much messing around and acting as if they knew everything better.

For the renames. Yeah hey, might be nice, if they had a structure to it and the new names were actually making more sense. But for me they dont.

Thats how I feel!

And well, the trolls here are almost a real nuisance, but thats how kids act these days... Go to reddit and l2troll!

WTF is reddit?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Wukulo
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-03-15 19:15:24 UTC
Par'Gellen wrote:
I agree that all the renaming is getting a tad silly. Took me about 10 seconds to figure out what was what again but still, what's the point of all the renaming?

So people unfamiliar with the game can look at an item and have some brief idea of WTF it may do and how well.

Really... CCP makes a good solid design change for once and every body is up in arms. The old names were convoluted unclear and bad game design.

Posted on main because I'm not a coward like the rest of you.

Doc Severide
Doomheim
#43 - 2012-03-15 19:32:55 UTC
The solution is found is to buy nothing except hulls. I go into fleet with no guns, mods, rigs, ammo. Makes it very simple to keep up...
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#44 - 2012-03-15 20:23:48 UTC
Ahem

I BELIEVE This was all announced in a dev blog few weeks ago.

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=9130 Here is the link for everyone who missed the discussion on the renaming of modules.

Sorry you all had your time to give feed back and make changes and suggestions. So too late to whine and complain now.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2012-03-15 20:45:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Stormshadow
Useless changes, CCP learned much less than I thought from the massive feedback thread
I got the impression that the changes would stop to hardwirings for now, but that was wrong assumption

Stuff hopping around in various lists, killboards and utilities breaking down... plenty of extra work learning old and fixing things again. My favourite updates right after the neocom fiasco. Bullbrownie is bullbrownie even you try to serve it on nice plate.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Geoscape
Unleashed' Fury
The Initiative.
#46 - 2012-03-15 20:47:50 UTC
I, for one, approve of the new module names.
Naysayers be damned.
Valentyn3
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#47 - 2012-03-15 20:58:52 UTC
THIS IS A CHANGE AND CHANGE SCARES ME!

I don't always use hax. But when I do, it's because I'm an NPC.. http://i.imgur.com/PUZou.jpg

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2012-03-15 21:00:57 UTC
Valentyn3 wrote:
THIS IS A CHANGE AND CHANGE SCARES ME!

This troll is getting old and isn't even funny anymore

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Jovan Geldon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2012-03-15 22:20:57 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
This troll is getting old and isn't even funny anymore

I know you are but what am I?

WELCOME TO THE 0WNZONE SUCKA
Ettu Brute II
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2012-03-15 23:00:28 UTC
Obsidian Hawk wrote:
Ahem

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=9130 Here is the link for everyone who missed the discussion on the renaming of modules.

Nope - I see no mention at all of Invulnerability Fields.

I could cope with Adaptive Invulnerability Fields if there were also Non-adaptive Invulnerability Fields, but as yet I've been unable to find any.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#51 - 2012-03-15 23:34:46 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
They could be naming planets in all high sec and the moons if they where really running out of stuff to do.

The only named system in Syndicate

Poitot

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#52 - 2012-03-15 23:55:42 UTC
Ettu Brute II wrote:
Obsidian Hawk wrote:
Ahem

Nope - I see no mention at all of Invulnerability Fields.

I could cope with Adaptive Invulnerability Fields if there were also Non-adaptive Invulnerability Fields, but as yet I've been unable to find any.

To Quote CCP

Armor Coating/Armor Hardener/Armor Plating Energized/Shield Resistance Amplifier/Shield Hardener

Every module that boosts either armor or shield resistance has gone under the knife. In addition to adapting them to the global Meta 1-4 scheme, we've replaced the words "Reflective," "Reactive" and "Magnetic" with the modules' relevant damage types (EM, Explosive and Kinetic, respectively).

One would assume that invuln would go to adaptive. pointless change but whatever im not going to lose sleep over it.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

M'nu
Vard School of Cryo Cuisine
#53 - 2012-03-16 00:02:36 UTC
Seems to be a lot of people in this thread that extend their arms and spin in circles.
Taipion
Adeptus Petrous
#54 - 2012-03-16 01:28:37 UTC
Still, no one has stated why this was left off the patch notes...
Zeta Zhul
Preemptive Paranoia
#55 - 2012-03-16 01:38:09 UTC
What irritates me is this Scourge vs Trauma nonsense. According to the dev/patch the Trauma missiles are being renamed Scourge. In the Crucible 1.5 static data dump the Trauma missiles -are- renamed to Scourge.

In the actual live client they are -Trauma- and not Scourge.

WTF!?

Look if CCP wants to play grab-ass with names then go ahead. It's their game. Wish they'd actually setup a system first but that's me. But this takes asshattery to a brand new level.
Soporo
#56 - 2012-03-16 02:01:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Soporo
Kolya Medz wrote:
Why don't they just put the meta level/max meta level in the bottom icon's corner or something..

In fact, they should still do this.

Ps: If you insist on renaming things, please rename the SMART BOMB to something that actually makes a lick of sense. Who came up with calling the most totally indescriminate, unaimed, unguided area of effect weapon in the game SMART? It will attack friend, foes, neutrals, deployables, structures even. It almost guarantees random collateral damage.

It's about as smart as a brain damaged, epileptic, stoned monkey with a handgrenade.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H.L. Mencken

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#57 - 2012-03-16 02:12:06 UTC
its as smart as throwing a grenade at your feet and kills everything else around you but you.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Aggressive Nutmeg
#58 - 2012-03-16 02:23:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Aggressive Nutmeg
Why can't we name our own items?

The official name - the name that appears in market - can be whatever. But I should be able to rename a trauma heavy to a kinetic heavy for my character's personal use.

Surely if I've got a crate of missiles in the hold, I can put a sticker on the side that says 'Kinetic'?

This of course leads on to a bigger issue of why we can't nickname everything in the overview. Sick of my screen being filled with useless text when I only need to see a few letters.

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.

Aggressive Nutmeg
#59 - 2012-03-16 02:30:40 UTC
Soporo wrote:
Ps: If you insist on renaming things, please rename the SMART BOMB to something that actually makes a lick of sense. Who came up with calling the most totally indescriminate, unaimed, unguided area of effect weapon in the game SMART? It will attack friend, foes, neutrals, deployables, structures even. It almost guarantees random collateral damage.

It's about as smart as a brain damaged, epileptic, stoned monkey with a handgrenade.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Smile

A smartbomb in the real world has some form of guidance system to control its fall.

It's only in video games that smartbomb is used to describe a dumb carpet-bombing manoeuvre. I blame 'Defender' from the 80's! Big smile

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.

Sloppy Podfarts
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2012-03-16 04:14:09 UTC
BAKKA BAKKA BAKKA RABBLE RABBLE Ugh