These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Hey CCP

First post
Author
Jace Errata
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-03-15 11:35:21 UTC
Please put more effort into enforcing rule #7 in the Forum Rules.

That is all.

tweeten

One day they woke me up so I could live forever

It's such a shame the same will never happen to you

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#2 - 2012-03-15 12:46:10 UTC
Rule 7

"Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the players. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not contribute to the sense of community we want for our forums. "

Hahahahahahaha, offically added to the list of things ccp dont care about. Lol

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Blatant Forum Alt
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-03-15 18:34:49 UTC
Quote:

You have received a notice regarding the post below which appeared in our forum today:

"U mad brah?"

Trolling is not permitted on the forum -
We encourage threads that discuss issues in a constructive and spirited atmosphere. Please avoid insulting posts, or posts designed to anger other players. Continuing to disregard the guidelines may result in the suspension or cancellation of your posting privileges.
We encourage you to review the Forum Rules found at: http://wiki.eveonline.com/w/index.php?title=Forum_Rules

This is truly pathetic. In a game where scamming and ganking is actively encouraged, a game filled with broken and incomplete features, on a forum which has an entire section dedicated to what would, on any other game, be denounced as griefing, we have devs deleting 'U mad brah?'.

Pathetic.

Especially pathetic as there are hundreds of similar posts being posted, not just by me, but many others, every few minutes. Yet they are still left up.

This is probably the least troll-like of my troll posts, there was no accusations of being a butthurt carebear, or a space barbie ******, I simply asked for confirmation of his anger. Yet this is the only one to get deleted, because the forum moderators want to be seen to be doing their job - something they are failing at.

If 'trolling' is against the rules, and their job is to enforce the rules, then they are failing badly. And need replacing with people who will actually do the job - or CCP need to stop pretending to ban 'trolling'. Or as I like to call it, forum post quality control.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#4 - 2012-03-15 18:40:18 UTC
CCP employees break rule #7 daily

I doubt it will become anything other than the spotty "personal morals" enforcement we've come to love
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#5 - 2012-03-15 18:48:54 UTC
Blatant Forum Alt wrote:
Quote:

You have received a notice regarding the post below which appeared in our forum today:

"U mad brah?"

We encourage threads that discuss issues in a constructive and spirited atmosphere. Please avoid insulting posts, or posts designed to anger other players. Continuing to disregard the guidelines may result in the suspension or cancellation of your posting privileges.
We encourage you to review the Forum Rules found at: http://wiki.eveonline.com/w/index.php?title=Forum_Rules

This is truly pathetic. In a game where scamming and ganking is actively encouraged, a game filled with broken and incomplete features, on a forum which has an entire section dedicated to what would, on any other game, be denounced as griefing, we have devs deleting 'U mad brah?'.

Pathetic.

Especially pathetic as there are hundreds of similar posts being posted, not just by me, but many others, every few minutes. Yet they are still left up.

This is probably the least troll-like of my troll posts, there was no accusations of being a butthurt carebear, or a space barbie ******, I simply asked for confirmation of his anger. Yet this is the only one to get deleted, because the forum moderators want to be seen to be doing their job - something they are failing at.

If 'trolling' is against the rules, and their job is to enforce the rules, then they are failing badly. And need replacing with people who will actually do the job - or CCP need to stop pretending to ban 'trolling'. Or as I like to call it, forum post quality control.

Reported for ranting and discussing moderation.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-03-15 18:54:28 UTC
Jace Errata wrote:
Stealth OST puns and blatant lies since 2009

Reported for deliberately angering and insulting me.
Blatant Forum Alt
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-03-15 18:57:48 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
Blatant Forum Alt wrote:
Quote:

"U mad brah?"

Pathetic.

Reported for ranting and discussing moderation.

Reported for trolling. The only reason you would make that post rather than just reporting is if you deliberately wanted to anger me. "Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting the players."

Which of course means this post would also be deleted for the same reason.

Which is not a bad thing, at least then there would be at least a hint of consistancy in the moderation.
Blatant Forum Alt
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-03-15 19:00:42 UTC
Ive just realised why the moderators cracked down on me: I was trolling on general discussion. Ill head back to trolling F&I, and the Assembly Hall, mods dont give a toss what goes on there.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#9 - 2012-03-15 19:01:49 UTC
Unfourtunately trolling is meerly opinion based.

Just because I disagree with what you said making you angry is something beyond my control unfortunetly.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Vetrox Satria
Star Nation
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2012-03-15 19:03:28 UTC
...U mad brah?
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-03-15 19:04:17 UTC
Blatant Forum Alt wrote:
Ive just realised why the moderators cracked down on me: I was trolling on general discussion. Ill head back to trolling F&I, and the Assembly Hall, mods dont give a toss what goes on there.

Most people troll on occasions which is generally ok, it's when you make it a profession it becomes a problem.
Blatant Forum Alt
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-03-15 19:04:55 UTC
Vetrox Satria wrote:
...U mad brah?

Ye, I mad.

Reported for trolling.

Oh wait, no I didnt, due to the fact that Im not a total {insert rude word here}.
Vetrox Satria
Star Nation
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2012-03-15 19:06:47 UTC
Blatant Forum Alt wrote:
Vetrox Satria wrote:
...U mad brah?

Ye, I mad.

Reported for trolling.

Oh wait, no I didnt, due to the fact that Im not a total {insert rude word here}.

Thank you :)

I just couldnt help myself. Im surprised no one else got there before me
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-03-15 19:17:30 UTC
Pretty sure it says somewhere in the rules that posting about forum moderation is also prohibited. This is not a troll...just saying.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#15 - 2012-03-15 19:19:13 UTC
First rule of the forums is that you do not talk about the rules of the forums.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-03-15 19:20:45 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Pretty sure it says somewhere in the rules that posting about forum moderation is also prohibited. This is not a troll...just saying.

Pretty sure it says somewhere that nobody likes tattletales or forum police types. This is not a troll...just saying.
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-03-15 19:22:28 UTC
Pretty sure it says somewhere that nobody likes Goonswarm. This is a troll...just saying.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#18 - 2012-03-15 19:23:34 UTC
We are here to troll. if you don't like it go back to Hello Kitty Online!

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Blatant Forum Alt
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-03-15 19:25:35 UTC
Lord Ryan wrote:
We are here to troll. if you don't like it go back to Hello Kitty Online!

Amen to that.
Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2012-03-15 19:29:28 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Pretty sure it says somewhere that nobody likes Goonswarm. This is a troll...just saying.

Well, at least this is true. Hi5 nobody likes us buddy!
12Next page