These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Names! ...AGAIN?! o.O

Author
Spectre80
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-03-15 10:24:39 UTC
this is ****. i dont have any interest on learning new module names after playing this game so many years.
Taipion
Adeptus Petrous
#22 - 2012-03-15 16:04:11 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Hey, me and a dozen other posters fought hard to get the names fixed and moving foward stop complaining.

This guy is a VERY lonely troll, please ignore him, and refrain from feeding the troll no matter how pitiful he looks at you, thanks!

These changes were not in the patch notes!

I demand an answer from CCP! This is outright bullshitting the community!

On the other hand, most of the names downgrade the sci-fi-feeling, and are very disturbing to the hundreds of thousands active players, but little of a help for a handful of new players, not that CCP would care.

It goes like this:

- messed up with Micro Transactions (Nex Store) and beeing afraid now, how people will act

- try to change a few things first, to test reactions (AB / MWD / Missile names)

- ignore the complaints of the community to these changes, nothing too bad happens

- push harder with stealth-patching 2000 other items names for no reason

=> feel confident now, that the community can be pushed around, again

=> downgrade EVE to easy mode, so that all the wow-kiddys get stuck to it

=> squeeze all possible $$ out of it
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#23 - 2012-03-15 16:19:04 UTC
Quote:
On the other hand, most of the names downgrade the sci-fi-feeling, and are very disturbing to the hundreds of thousands active players, but little of a help for a handful of new players, not that CCP would care.

Actually your over blown, paranoid, ill tempered, rabble rousing posts are far more disturbing to the hundreds of thousands of active players than some simple name changes in game will ever be.

The game is being continuously changed and updated, things WILL change (including fundamentals like item names) from time to time. Getting your panties in a wad each and every time this happens makes you look more than a touch emo, and accomplishes nothing.

Get a grip.

If you don't like the new names, suggest an alternative naming scheme if you like, but the old arbitrary names were removed for a reason and are not likely to come back (thankfully).

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-03-15 16:52:33 UTC
TBH they could call anything in the game they want anything they want and it wouldn't matter to me. So who cares.

In fact why call all kinetic dealing missiles "trauma" or whatever it is now. I'd be more happy with "Kinetic Heavy missile" "kinetic rocket" ect.

"ZOMG you're ruining my ability to pretend I'm a spaceship pilot with your names of these items that aren't as 'sci-fi' any more!"

If you like to and are able to pretend that "eve is real", which is all fine and dandy if it's what you like to do, then pretend the names of the items in your pretend world are more sci-fi. Seems simple enough.

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-03-15 17:00:43 UTC
Cindy Marco wrote:
And when we shot this down in the Dev blog thread about it they said they would reconsider.

I guess they really don't care what we think. I like this game but I'm really tired of getting pissed on.

Personally I'm going back down to 1 account.

Yeah...the minority shot it down. Most people approved or didn't care.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#26 - 2012-03-15 17:14:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Taipion wrote:
Nova Fox wrote:
Hey, me and a dozen other posters fought hard to get the names fixed and moving foward stop complaining.

This guy is a VERY lonely troll, please ignore him, and refrain from feeding the troll no matter how pitiful he looks at you, thanks!

These changes were not in the patch notes!

I demand an answer from CCP! This is outright bullshitting the community!

It goes like this:

- messed up with Micro Transactions (Nex Store) and beeing afraid now, how people will act
- try to change a few things first, to test reactions (AB / MWD / Missile names)
- ignore the complaints of the community to these changes, nothing too bad happens
- push harder with stealth-patching 2000 other items names for no reason
=> feel confident now, that the community can be pushed around, again
=> downgrade EVE to easy mode, so that all the wow-kiddys get stuck to it
=> squeeze all possible $$ out of it

Troll?

Its Fox, learn the difference.
Foxes have a nasty habbit of turning things around and biting you back.
Also stop obsessing over me, it has yet to been healthy for anyone that has done so in the past.

Now then onto the complaints.

Changes where mentioned in the patch notes:

Crucible 1.5 Patch Notes wrote:

•All Kinetic missiles now have the name ‘Scourge’ back.
•All scripts now carry the suffix ‘Script’ after their name. This affects Focused Warp Disruption, Optimal Range Disruption, Tracking Speed Disruption, Scan Resolution, Targeting Range, Optimal Range and Tracking Speed.
•Shield hardeners, Shield resistance amplifiers, Armor hardeners, Energized plating and Resistance plating will all have their damage type inserted into their names.
•Three classes of missile launcher have been renamed to better indicate the type of missile they fit. Assault Missile Launchers are now Rapid Light Missile Launchers, Standard Launchers are now Light Missile Launchers and Siege Launchers have become Torpedo Launchers.
•All skill hardwirings in the game have had their names changed to conform to a particular scheme, where the name of the implant's affected skill is followed by a numerical appellation that indicates first the implant's slot and second the implant's percentage bonus.

CCP has answered. A dozen or so times. Just becuase you make a thread aimed at ccp doesnt mean youll get a response especially when CCP beats you in making a feedback thread. Now if it was possible to drag and drop threads from one spot into another for consolidation that be a wonderful feature for thier end.

CSM didnt throw thier hands in the air after being shown the future of the MT store CSM even further interated back on how it should be better handeled. Microtransaction stores are getting big, and you're right its money. Money ccp needs to compete against publishing giants like EA which is now developing a game to counter eve directly. CCP only makes 66 million in raw pay a month, take home pay is probably much lower. When mordern game development takes 100's of millions of dollars and outrival hollywood movies of course its all about the money. CSM and the eve community have already expressed the best possible comprimise between MT and the pay to play model. which is nothing ever directly MT'd would ever be combat advantage.

Hmm I wonder why the scourge name was changed back.
Once again I wonder why scourge name was changed back.
Those 9000 other items included a rifter launcher as in it shoot out rifters, self destruct devices, pilotable rogue drone ships, and various attempts at a tech 3 module, impossible ships, and extremly weird things. They wouldnt be missed... that much.

CCP isnt like EA, EA is charging a reactivation fee for ToR, hiding the cancel buttons, and deleting accounts that quit forcing a rebuy of the client software.

IF CCP was like any ohter mmo they would CHARGE you for EVERY Expansion, CHARGE you for the CD, and block you off from getting red roped access to any content without paying for all what 18 expansions?

And you're crying this much over a name change?

Grow up.
Adapt.
or Die.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Avid Bumhumper
Beekeepers Anonymous
#27 - 2012-03-15 17:16:30 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Nova Fox wrote:

Occasionally Nova, you are actually funny.

Can you imagine CCP changing something that requires an update to implement because thirteen people whined about it.

That would be fuckin' hilarious.

Mr Epeen Cool

I think it's already happened....

My Tinfoil hat has been sugically implanted, so no,it is not for sale.....

Taipion
Adeptus Petrous
#28 - 2012-03-15 17:17:19 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
...lots of bullshit...
troll elsewhere, please
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#29 - 2012-03-15 17:18:54 UTC
Why? You dont like losing it seems.

Avid Bumhumper
Beekeepers Anonymous
#30 - 2012-03-15 17:20:56 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
[quote=Taipion][quote=Nova Fox].
SNIP*

*** CCP only makes 66 million in raw pay a month, take home pay is probably much lower. ***

Grow up.
Adapt.
or Die.

If you want to argue facts and insult people, at least get the numbers right.....It's YEAR.....

Azure Moonlight
Atomic Core Industries and Science
#31 - 2012-03-15 17:23:47 UTC
I really wonder if CCP is going back to the old Incarna days now. So much messing around and acting as if they knew everything better.

For the renames. Yeah hey, might be nice, if they had a structure to it and the new names were actually making more sense. But for me they dont.

Yay 10 years! :D

Spurty
#32 - 2012-03-15 17:24:03 UTC
Rath Kelbore wrote:

In fact why call all kinetic dealing missiles "trauma" or whatever it is now. I'd be more happy with "Kinetic Heavy missile" "kinetic rocket" ect.

Kinetic energy delivers such a descriptive wound.

'Blunt implement' = 'Trauma'
'Fireballs' = 'Scorch marked pants'
'Arms and legs everywhere' = 'Explosion'
'Electronic damage' = 'EMP shockwaves'

Last one, bit iffy.

Usually, when something gets rebranded, the new brand name appears 'everywhere', however I think some places got forgotten:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Item_Database:Ammunition_&_Charges:Missiles:Heavy_Missiles:Standard_Heavy_Missiles

Who owns this database? I think they should be poked a couple of times with a Blunt implement.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Danfen Fenix
#33 - 2012-03-15 17:28:36 UTC
If name changing and a game adapting/developing is so bad...

I demand that all new things implemented since the game was released be removed/undone, so that I can experience the game the way it was originally designed !

P
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#34 - 2012-03-15 17:32:12 UTC
Avid Bumhumper wrote:
Nova Fox wrote:
SNIP*

*** CCP only makes 66 million in raw pay a month, take home pay is probably much lower. ***

Grow up.
Adapt.
or Die.

If you want to argue facts and insult people, at least get the numbers right.....It's YEAR.....

meh can't be perfect you know?
But Ill be level headed enough to say, yup screwed up by 12x.

There are alot of numbers out there though and even worse estimates such as Eve possibly nearing the 400k sub mark which is alot better than the quater billion spent into the sinking mmo ship known as ToR which requires minmal 500k subs to operate according to BW and all indicators are saying they're are projected to go below that very soon as the 3 month 2 month subs are up and the desperation to the free to play weekend (whcih is rather shorter than eves 60 day offers at time then again both games are at different time scales.)

Bottom line about the name change complaints though is mostly unfounded.

We got them to change names twice and according to chaos test server we got a partial comprimise going on.
Which basically changes alot of items to have a meta prefix for a name now.

We understood the need to get rid of meta guessing.
We understood the need for uniformity.
We understood that renaming items isnt a form of dumbing down the game it doesnt boost anything it doenst nerf anything and the names ultimately still doesnt effect how well an idiot can fail with said module when its used wrong.
We didnt like how flavor was being taken now the new chaos changes indicate we won there and falvor names are staying.
We didnt like turma missile names for some reason, thus scourge changes.
We loved the new implant renames.

Thus progress in some areas not so much in others there are about 10k items it will take a while to rename them all.

Avid Bumhumper
Beekeepers Anonymous
#35 - 2012-03-15 18:17:07 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Avid Bumhumper wrote:
Nova Fox wrote:
SNIP*

Grow up.
Adapt.
or Die.

meh can't be perfect you know?
But Ill be level headed enough to say, yup screwed up by 12x.

There are alot of numbers out there though and even worse estimates such as Eve possibly nearing the 400k sub mark which is alot better than the quater billion spent into the sinking mmo ship known as ToR which requires minmal 500k subs to operate according to BW and all indicators are saying they're are projected to go below that very soon as the 3 month 2 month subs are up and the desperation to the free to play weekend (whcih is rather shorter than eves 60 day offers at time then again both games are at different time scales.)

Bottom line about the name change complaints though is mostly unfounded.

We got them to change names twice and according to chaos test server we got a partial comprimise going on.
Which basically changes alot of items to have a meta prefix for a name now.

We understood the need to get rid of meta guessing.
We understood the need for uniformity.
We understood that renaming items isnt a form of dumbing down the game it doesnt boost anything it doenst nerf anything and the names ultimately still doesnt effect how well an idiot can fail with said module when its used wrong.
We didnt like how flavor was being taken now the new chaos changes indicate we won there and falvor names are staying.
We didnt like turma missile names for some reason, thus scourge changes.
We loved the new implant renames.

Thus progress in some areas not so much in others there are about 10k items it will take a while to rename them all.

WE did? No you did.

I could care less about the renaming, other than the fact that it's causing more confusion than is really required.

I think many of us however, are scratching are heads at the incredible RUSH to get this stuff done, when so many other game play issues could use attention.....Oops

Taipion
Adeptus Petrous
#36 - 2012-03-15 18:18:05 UTC
Azure Moonlight wrote:
I really wonder if CCP is going back to the old Incarna days now. So much messing around and acting as if they knew everything better.

For the renames. Yeah hey, might be nice, if they had a structure to it and the new names were actually making more sense. But for me they dont.

Thats how I feel!

And well, the trolls here are almost a real nuisance, but thats how kids act these days... Go to reddit and l2troll!
Vetrox Satria
Star Nation
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2012-03-15 18:31:09 UTC
Game has changed

Its not changing back unless CCP state otherwise.

Do what every other gamer does on every other game and adapt.
Ayuren Aakiwa
When i Look Up At The Stars I Am Filled With Rage
#38 - 2012-03-15 18:39:06 UTC
This is beyond annoying, why ccp why?
Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2012-03-15 18:41:24 UTC
There were some items in serious need of renaming (The AB's and MWD's for example)

However, why the **** would you rename the Invuln? you just added a word to it for no good reason.

Renaming SOME items was a great idea, but its gone too far now...

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#40 - 2012-03-15 19:10:16 UTC
Avid Bumhumper wrote:

WE did? No you did.

I could care less about the renaming, other than the fact that it's causing more confusion than is really required.

I think many of us however, are scratching are heads at the incredible RUSH to get this stuff done, when so many other game play issues could use attention.....Oops

Well slight problem with saying just I,

It would indicate that I am alone in this issue. Which with the existence of the OP im clearly no where near alone. Along with 200 pages+ of combined compalints/feedback/support/counter support.

Also further interating ccp never blamed anyone on at least taking a step back keeping thier ears open and willing to re - renames.

I however am not scratching my head though guy doing the renames is only in charge of writing thus stuff like mission text, name of items, corp descriptions, item descriptions are all in its department, He has little to do with the other long standing issues. It would be like getting the avatar artists to work reducing lag.

None the less there are plenty of writing relating fixes they could have gone in and fixed but its all on a big todo list none the less.

They could be naming planets in all high sec and the moons if they where really running out of stuff to do.