These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

SWToR Just hit the iceberg=Tortanic!

Author
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#121 - 2012-03-14 11:08:38 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
the failure of Mass Effect 3 and in general EA failing at every turn.r


Rubbish, Mass Effect 3 outsells Mass Effect 1 & 2 combined



Oh boy, are we getting desperate now? P It is talking about UK sales on one chart at one retailer but "they don't have exact figures" LolLolLolLolLol

Go to bed Tyran, you are like not even trying anymore...


PS: Mass Effect 3 was not even being sold in GAME's shops.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#122 - 2012-03-14 11:11:00 UTC
Lord Mandelor wrote:
The F2P weekend is going to be amazing.
"The ship isn't sinking! My side just rose up 200 feet!"



I guess they are trying out the waters for when it goes full F2P?
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#123 - 2012-03-14 14:00:10 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
the failure of Mass Effect 3 and in general EA failing at every turn.r


Rubbish, Mass Effect 3 outsells Mass Effect 1 & 2 combined



Oh boy, are we getting desperate now? P It is talking about UK sales on one chart at one retailer but "they don't have exact figures" LolLolLolLolLol

Go to bed Tyran, you are like not even trying anymore...


PS: Mass Effect 3 was not even being sold in GAME's shops.


Not desperate at all, facts are facts. Data collected by a reliable source>your blinkered opinion. Face it ME3 sold like hot cakes, all the sales figures, analysis of global distribution and sales all support that fact.

Remember,

Fact>subjective opinion

You can reply with a weak Ad hominem and support the facts I linked with sources with your failure, or you can try and defeat the argument with some facts of your own.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#124 - 2012-03-14 14:30:53 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
facts, right, you supply me with bullshit then dress it up as a fact.

In that case, enjoy this fact!

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/132589921

SWTOR going F2P already lol
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#125 - 2012-03-14 14:49:54 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
facts, right, you supply me with bullshit then dress it up as a fact.

In that case, enjoy this fact!


SWTOR going F2P already lol


I couldn't care less about SWTOR, I don't play carebear themepark MMOs.

I just enjoy correcting your hate inspired rhetoric about ME3, sure the game isn't what people expected but sales wise its an enormous success. Oh and stick this in your pipe and smoke it,

Kingdoms of Amalur is also a success, its a new IP yet its approaching 500,000 sales. On Saturday it sold 330k copies and took 4th place on the US sales chart for February. Media attention and positive reviews means it is still selling.

Live feed from 2bhammered webcam
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#126 - 2012-03-14 14:56:21 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
facts, right, you supply me with bullshit then dress it up as a fact.

In that case, enjoy this fact!

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/132589921

SWTOR going F2P already lol


"I couldn't care less about SWTOR..."



Oh, really? Lol

/posted in thread "SWToR Just hit the iceberg=Tortanic!"
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#127 - 2012-03-14 16:27:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jhagiti Tyran
2bhammered wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
facts, right, you supply me with bullshit then dress it up as a fact.

In that case, enjoy this fact!

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/132589921

SWTOR going F2P already lol


"I couldn't care less about SWTOR..."



Oh, really? Lol

/posted in thread "SWToR Just hit the iceberg=Tortanic!"


Selective quoting at its finest, you derailed the thread with your rant about ME3. Nice to see how you conceded the argument and resorted to ad hominem & bullshit.

Live feed from 2bhammered webcam
Zeomebuch Nova
Undrinkable Grog Inc.
#128 - 2012-03-15 03:55:31 UTC
2bhammered wrote:

How do you survive in today's society?


Just like i did back in the 80's and 90's.

My two questions though, are still unanswered (reminder in case you want to answer them).

For the rest, I didn't want and i wont get involved in any cheap media discussion.
Taedrin
Virtues Corporation
#129 - 2012-03-15 04:19:38 UTC
2bhammered wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
the failure of Mass Effect 3 and in general EA failing at every turn.r


Rubbish, Mass Effect 3 outsells Mass Effect 1 & 2 combined



Oh boy, are we getting desperate now? P It is talking about UK sales on one chart at one retailer but "they don't have exact figures" LolLolLolLolLol

Go to bed Tyran, you are like not even trying anymore...


PS: Mass Effect 3 was not even being sold in GAME's shops.


That's because GAME is on the brink of bankruptcy and suppliers are refusing to do business with them. Their shares dropped 66% after multiple suppliers refused to do business with them.

I.e. Mass Effect 3 not being sold by GAME's shops isn't an indicator that Mass Effect 3 is doing poorly, it's an indicator that GAME's shops are doing poorly.
Taedrin
Virtues Corporation
#130 - 2012-03-15 04:21:17 UTC
2bhammered wrote:



Oh boy, are we getting desperate now? P It is talking about UK sales on one chart at one retailer but "they don't have exact figures" LolLolLolLolLol

Go to bed Tyran, you are like not even trying anymore...


PS: Mass Effect 3 was not even being sold in GAME's shops.


That's because GAME's shops are on the brink of complete and total failure, not because Mass Effect 3 is a bad game. Or in other words, GAME isn't refusing to sell Mass Effect 3 - EA (and many other suppliers) are refusing to do business with GAME. GAME's shares dropped 66 percent a few days ago because of this.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#131 - 2012-03-16 17:05:48 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Taedrin wrote:
2bhammered wrote:



Oh boy, are we getting desperate now? P It is talking about UK sales on one chart at one retailer but "they don't have exact figures" LolLolLolLolLol

Go to bed Tyran, you are like not even trying anymore...


PS: Mass Effect 3 was not even being sold in GAME's shops.


That's because GAME's shops are on the brink of complete and total failure, not because Mass Effect 3 is a bad game. Or in other words, GAME isn't refusing to sell Mass Effect 3 - EA (and many other suppliers) are refusing to do business with GAME. GAME's shares dropped 66 percent a few days ago because of this.


My point is, if the biggest retail store is not stocking your game it will be quite difficult to sell it. Fact is GAME was UK's biggest game retailer, again there is no data whatsoever other than the bullshit Tyran linked to that says otherwise.

ME3 has so far not sold more copies than ME1, it is also not on STEAM like ME1 was. Until hard data changes that, ME3 is the worst selling ME game.

But thanks for your insight into GAME's financials, trust me I was already aware of them.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#132 - 2012-03-16 17:07:26 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Zeomebuch Nova wrote:
2bhammered wrote:

How do you survive in today's society?


Just like i did back in the 80's and 90's.

My two questions though, are still unanswered (reminder in case you want to answer them).

For the rest, I didn't want and i wont get involved in any cheap media discussion.



No, your questions were answered, in the first post starting this thread, the OP. Even a nice EVE citizen pointed that out to you, by the way, you were born in the 90's?
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#133 - 2012-03-16 17:12:06 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
2bhammered wrote:
facts, right, you supply me with bullshit then dress it up as a fact.

In that case, enjoy this fact!

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/132589921

SWTOR going F2P already lol


"I couldn't care less about SWTOR..."



Oh, really? Lol

/posted in thread "SWToR Just hit the iceberg=Tortanic!"


Selective quoting at its finest, you derailed the thread with your rant about ME3. Nice to see how you conceded the argument and resorted to ad hominem & bullshit.

Live feed from 2bhammered webcam



Selective? You did say what I quoted, even in the context and out of context it had that meaning, that you indeed care so much that you have been posting in this thread since its inceptionShocked

Thanks for using the same picture twice to try and diss me, nice picture too, think I first saw it on 4chan 5 years agoRoll

Now with so much excitement I can barely contain myself, I have to admit I am most intrigued to see what you will come up with next!
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#134 - 2012-03-16 20:41:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Jhagiti Tyran
Still not figured out how the how edit button works huh? Your shiptoasting always seems to start at the weekend, they must let you off the shortbus then.

P.S.

The data's been posted, face it you are wrong. So suck it up and come up with another dead horse to flog.

P.P.S

4 chan, that explains a lot.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#135 - 2012-03-26 03:54:03 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Still not figured out how the how edit button works huh? Your shiptoasting always seems to start at the weekend, they must let you off the shortbus then.


? Roll

Jhagiti Tyran wrote:

P.S.

The data's been posted, face it you are wrong. So suck it up and come up with another dead horse to flog.


No you posted no data, you still have yet to post any data at all. I checked your link, it contained ZERO data.


Jhagiti Tyran wrote:

P.P.S

4 chan, that explains a lot.


Explains what exactly? I enjoy 4chan sometimes, I guess you do not?

Anyway, last data by Bioware themselves still only talk about the 3+ million shipped units, so until they sell all those it is not even beating mass effect 1. But again, I doubt it will ever sell that much, ME2 sold 2.1 million, estimates of ME3 are at 1.9 million. Sure it can surpass ME2 but ME1 was at 2.5 so quite a bit to go, even if they do sell 3 million I doubt it would make up for all overhead and other expenses, at best direct costs and R&D.

ME2 by the way got a position 39 at console charts software sales of 2010. Games like Fable 3, just dance and Wii party beat it by a landslide, Wii fit + killed it and even Halo reach sold more than 3 times as much. Of course if we talk real charts, covering iTunes apps and asian games and F2P genre etc then games like ME3 are abysmal in sales. A sign perhaps that times are changing especially when it comes to amount of triple A titles and the console market.

http://www.google.com/finance?cid=168725 it will only get worse now that they have released their 2 biggest investments.

Anyway, I look yet again forward to your new pathetic attempt at trolling. I suppose it matters a lot to you that ME3 should be a success, it isn't and you think it is because EA and Bioware said so, that is the nature of PR you see.

PS: More and more people leaving the Tortanic each day. When we get official stats it would not surprise me to see that SWTOR died faster than Warhammer Online.
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#136 - 2012-03-26 05:05:47 UTC
The "investor" is back lol.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#137 - 2012-03-30 14:36:32 UTC
So where they at now?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#138 - 2012-03-30 14:42:37 UTC  |  Edited by: 2bhammered
Kattshiro
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#139 - 2012-03-30 15:31:04 UTC
Kinda obsessed? Like into the way too much zone...
According to those total population peak between all servers on any given day is nearly 300kish? Which an MMO population declining way after release is quite normal. And then leveling out.

Matter of fact most pay MMO's have seen a decline in sub numbers in the last 1-2 years. Even eve.
Could be that people are just tired of the model and gameplay. Also take into consideration of time of year v. sales, and subs.

SWOTOR anit going to be the end all be all, but only fools/fanbois thought that... Also people that didnt read the previews before its release.
2bhammered
Cyberpunk 2077
#140 - 2012-03-30 15:57:58 UTC
Kattshiro wrote:
Kinda obsessed? Like into the way too much zone...
According to those total population peak between all servers on any given day is nearly 300kish? Which an MMO population declining way after release is quite normal. And then leveling out.

Matter of fact most pay MMO's have seen a decline in sub numbers in the last 1-2 years. Even eve.
Could be that people are just tired of the model and gameplay. Also take into consideration of time of year v. sales, and subs.

SWOTOR anit going to be the end all be all, but only fools/fanbois thought that... Also people that didnt read the previews before its release.



"Into the way too much zone"! Shocked

Peak is not 300k, in fact, no one but EA knows the number behind light, standard and heavy etc. We can only speculate and by my own attempts at that I reach 150k-200k on a weekend.

EA themselves before release have stated that in order to make profit they need 1 million subscribers, 500k to possibly break even according to another quote over a period of at least a year. Which makes sense take all things into account like paying 35% of all profit to Lucas Arts, opening new studio, staff, outsourcing, estimates of 300 million USD R&D and operating costs etc.

Has many MMO games seen a decline in general? They sure have, After Tera no major MMORPG will be released with a subscription model we are all so used to. I believe THQ announced this week they have even changed their upcoming Warhammer 40k MMO to be a singleplayer game with multi-player options and DLC.

As for believing the game was going to be end all be all or the very least end of WoW a lot of people believed that. You say people did not read previews? Hardly, even every single review was favorable, almost every single gaming publication, mainstream publication and website gave that game top scores. Which just shows how broken gaming journalism is or more like the fact that they are just a part of the publishers PR division. But that is another discussion altogether about how even Metacritic, owned by CBS interactive and, let's leave it at thatBlink

Also the fact that it was the most expensive MMORPG developed since WoW and it was made by Bioware (who at the time was at least a respected developer) with EA second? worlds biggest video-game publisher. At least we all thought the game would be playable, but of course Warhammer Online should have been enough of a warning sign.

SWTOR is dead and obsessed or not what we can look forward to next will be a Mass Effect MMORPG and hype. All one can hope is that people remember the saying, "fool me once shame on you and fool me twice shame on me". But then again, EA has managed to survive since the 80's...