These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Win 7 64-bit Launcher/Updating - Resolved!

First post
Author
Nautonnier Scrip
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-03-14 14:41:35 UTC
Garnoo wrote:
i HAD the same or almost the same errors
lines ended with messages like:
TypeError: Error while decompressing: 1
FileSyncError: data corruption

those errors were on my clean install (got the 349998 client) i had errors at the end of patching and my launcher wasnt working at all (before 350962 patch i could play using exe from /bin folder, but not after 350962 update)

what i did
1. uninstall eve (cloaning all cache and settings); uninstalled my av software (eset ss 5.0) - earlier i was disabling protection and firewall this could be an issue
2. restart (to finish uninstalling)
3. turn off every additional software (xfire, jabber client etc)
4. fresh eve install 349998 and autoupdate

everything is working atm i hope it will still work with new patches after i install AV software
(cant say if its AV software fault, i dont have notifications, and i didnt checked av log)

Works!

All I did now was uninstalling ESET. Running repair.exe --safemode --dlthreads=1 worked. Dont think adding those commands are required tho. AV issue.

Thanks!
Jack Jackley
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2012-03-14 14:45:31 UTC
Fixed it for me too.

I can't believe ESET was the problem, **** my life. Sorry to CCP reps in this thread and thanks a lot for your help.

Zera Kerrigan
The 420th Token
#43 - 2012-03-14 14:46:47 UTC
That leaves me here trying to figure out why CCP are just making this game worse instead of improving it.
Fuzzy Wuzz
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#44 - 2012-03-14 14:49:06 UTC
Zantaar wrote:
for ESET users try to disable Protocol Filtering in Advanced setup menu, uncheck it and the repair will work

You are king of the world.
Fuzzy Wuzz
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-03-14 14:50:04 UTC
just one more question, is that crap something important, should i turn it on after patching ?
DonRA Duki
Addicted to Shljivovica
Addicted to Shljivovica Alliance
#46 - 2012-03-14 14:50:23 UTC
Zantaar wrote:
for ESET users try to disable Protocol Filtering in Advanced setup menu, uncheck it and the repair will work

Great Job our hero !!!!!!!!!!
Zehel Frauz
Perkone
Caldari State
#47 - 2012-03-14 14:57:22 UTC
Zantaar wrote:

GOSUUUU

ima change the ESET to microsoft security essentials

ima try to install the game from cero and them updating it

cross fingers!! hope it works
SpaceTech Edison
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2012-03-14 15:00:21 UTC
Zantaar wrote:

You are a real Hero
Zera Kerrigan
The 420th Token
#49 - 2012-03-14 15:03:23 UTC
Still trying to find an answer. But no, I guess this is why people say CCP is ******, I am starting to agree with them.

I wonder if I will get 2-3 extra days to my accounts? I wonder if they will reimburse me for the ISK loss right now when I cant make any ISK? I guess not, but yeah, it's CCP we're talking about...
Ballistic Orb
Three White Moons
#50 - 2012-03-14 15:04:11 UTC
Zantaar wrote:

this worked for me too, nice tip :)
CloudRUs
Closure at the EvE Gate
#51 - 2012-03-14 15:09:52 UTC
Jack Jackley wrote:
Fixed it for me too.

Sorry to CCP reps in this thread and thanks a lot for your help.

^^^^ this
CCP Cascade
#52 - 2012-03-14 15:41:19 UTC
Hi all,

Thanks for all your help! I am happy to hear that we have found at least one solution to this problem. If you do not have ESET NOD32 installed and still have the problem, please reply to this thread.

Those of you who have it installed and have disabled the protocol filtering, will everything work now for you and you are able to log into EVE Online? Please let us know that you're not running into any other issues on the way.

Associate Technical Producer - Core Technology Group

Zera Kerrigan
The 420th Token
#53 - 2012-03-14 15:49:06 UTC
No, it doesn't work. No idea what to do.
Zehel Frauz
Perkone
Caldari State
#54 - 2012-03-14 15:51:47 UTC
i actually uninstall it, and it worked, now i have the microsoft antivirus

tys allot guys!!
CCP Cascade
#55 - 2012-03-14 15:52:18 UTC
Zera Kerrigan wrote:

• Can you explain your issue?
  • Are you having issues with the Launcher or the repair tool?
  • What errors are you getting?
  • Do you have ESET NOD32 installed or any other antivirus/firewall program which automatically blocks software from running on your machine?

Associate Technical Producer - Core Technology Group

Zera Kerrigan
The 420th Token
#56 - 2012-03-14 17:05:54 UTC
CCP Cascade wrote:
Zera Kerrigan wrote:

• Do you have ESET NOD32 installed or any other antivirus/firewall program which automatically blocks software from running on your machine?

Repair tool doesn't work, launcher fails with update. I run Microsofts Antivirus.
Selieania
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#57 - 2012-03-14 17:05:57 UTC
I am running 32 bit OS and not sure if theres a thread for that... anyway was having similar problems spent ALL DAY yesterday Downloading and trying fixes... finally today un-installed ESET and everything is working fine.
Violette Szabo
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2012-03-14 17:36:26 UTC
I still have this bug. I made a fresh install but launcher/updater fails and starts looping. repair.exe gives

Exception in thread Thread-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 530, in __bootstrap_inner
File "threading.pyc", line 483, in run
File "zsync\readFromUrl.pyc", line 117, in DownloadPart
File "zsync\readFromUrl.pyc", line 136, in _DownloadPart
File "zsync\zsync.pyc", line 762, in callback

No handlers could be found for logger "zsync"
Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 530, in __bootstrap_inner
File "threading.pyc", line 483, in run
File "zsync\readFromUrl.pyc", line 117, in DownloadPart
File "zsync\readFromUrl.pyc", line 136, in _DownloadPart
File "zsync\zsync.pyc", line 762, in callback

Platform is Windows 7 ultimate 64bit. AV is F-Secure. I disabled it but it that did not help.

I have successfully installed this on another Windows 7 Pro 64bit PC with F-Secure AV on.

What to do?
Fishmaskle
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2012-03-14 17:40:26 UTC
Zera Kerrigan wrote:
CCP Cascade wrote:
Zera Kerrigan wrote:

Repair tool doesn't work, launcher fails with update. I run Microsofts Antivirus.

Short answers though an odd issue still.

Have you tried shutting down any and all background programs, followed by a clean reinstall (or at least repair with the latest repair?)

besides microsoft security essentials (which is what everyone should run for a "FREE" AV), we need to remove all possible program variables to figure out whats wrong.

99% Chance CCP is not to blame and even if they were, there is no way they can test all possible software/os combinations for their launcher/programs. Sometimes something stupid can screw things up with downloads/executions. (Xfire sometimes, for me MSI Afterburner is breaking things, so it is not always CCP's fault as the Launcher worked flawlessly on multiple systems for me)
If I helped you out, Technical Issue, enemy gank, popped your poor fit, hit the "Like" button.
Daedalus II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2012-03-14 17:44:22 UTC
Suggestion to CCP and those in this thread;

To transfer small or big files https://www.wetransfer.com/ is a very useful site. We use it a lot at work.