These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Issler Dainze for CSM7! Hear the bears roar!

First post
Author
Ka P'lah
Doomheim
#621 - 2012-03-12 23:37:39 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Ironically, it is simultaneously elitist and appeals to the lowest common denominator.

This "pubbie" agrees with you there! P
Taiwanistan
#622 - 2012-03-13 02:26:54 UTC
Ka P'lah wrote:
Roll Oh, brother... Issler does NOT want incarna....that's actually kind of the point... Silly politically-motivated attacks (Space pants! Space barbie! Space saturdaynightfeverinorbit! AAA!AAA!AAA!RUN!RUN!AIEEEE!) are just fear-mongering going for a gut reaction.

then tell her to renounce the taint of wis

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Frying Doom
#623 - 2012-03-13 03:18:58 UTC
Taiwanistan wrote:
Ka P'lah wrote:
Roll Oh, brother... Issler does NOT want incarna....that's actually kind of the point... Silly politically-motivated attacks (Space pants! Space barbie! Space saturdaynightfeverinorbit! AAA!AAA!AAA!RUN!RUN!AIEEEE!) are just fear-mongering going for a gut reaction.

As opposed to the Mittani's position "The fact is that Incarna was a good idea, even if the execution was utterly botched."

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Taiwanistan
#624 - 2012-03-13 03:36:16 UTC
can you date that statement? i bet it was prior to June '11, i can find you many more statements, and voice recordings of The Mittani speaking on the question of spacepants. wis, what do you do with a lamed horse? you shoot it dead.

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Frying Doom
#625 - 2012-03-13 03:44:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Taiwanistan wrote:
can you date that statement? i bet it was prior to June '11, i can find you many more statements, and voice recordings of The Mittani speaking on the question of spacepants. wis, what do you do with a lamed horse? you shoot it dead.

Yes just over 1 moths prior to June 2011.

It also came with such wonderful statements like

"Yet Incarna is not something which we can ignore. Not only is it inevitable, it is a fundamental necessity if EVE is to achieve any status greater than that of an awkward niche MMO from a strange, sulfuric island where people eat sheep’s heads willingly and believe in elves."
- The Mittani

Also

"Having sunk millions into buying White Wolf and developing a WoD MMO, the code for ‘walking around with a pretty avatar amid beautiful environments’ is something which CCP is going to code come hell or high water;"
- The Mittani

Or are you saying he has not the conviction to stand for what he believes?

Said it before, I will say it again Issler Dainze has consistently run on the same platform for years and hasn't changed her mind just because it would be better to gain votes.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Taiwanistan
#626 - 2012-03-13 04:02:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Taiwanistan
you said yourself that you hope wis to be more than some fluff. however when team avatar first surfaced in that thread and posted their plans, issler expressed blatant disdain for team avatar's wish to first outline the much needed gameplay concepts instead of rushing out some slapdash corp room which has no function other than 5 dudes emoting each other. that kind of full-on korean mentality is not acceptable.

Frying Doom
#627 - 2012-03-13 04:16:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Ok I will agree I do generally come out on the offensive when ever I see the label Goonswarm Smile

I admit, I would like to see a future for Wis, I honestly agree with those original statements of Mittens. I don't think it should be killed and as The Mittani points out they have outlayed millions on it. Bugger the Nex store.

It could and should be developed as Wis would make a great add on to EVE if done properly. But that's the big catch isn't it "If done Properly"

I don't believe it's a dead horse mostly due to the money CCP has put into it. Personally I think it should get a small development group to continue the work. Nothing large, definitely not anywhere near the size of what it was before with clothes designers and crap. Let them take their time and get it right, in 4 years the game will probably need a new lease on life and having a new game inside an already established one will give EVE the boost it needs to continue on for years more.

Personally I think the name Incarna should be classified as an offensive word and blocked by the forums and only leave a ******* behind.

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#628 - 2012-03-13 04:33:04 UTC
Can Issler tell us where the "Drop de Panties" button is?

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Ka P'lah
Doomheim
#629 - 2012-03-13 04:50:57 UTC
Taiwanistan wrote:
Ka P'lah wrote:

Uh...no...I won't be saying anything about renouncing WiS to anybody, 'cause the taint is with incarna as CCP disasterously passed it off on us - the taint is not on the idea of WiS itself. Incarna was / is not WiS, and people (ahem) shouldn't mistake the two as being the same. Issler, like most eve players, was very disappointed with incarna, and has said so many times and in (written) detail.
CCP will be laying low awhile with their walking/ skimming around / driving / whatever in game efforts because of the huge player backlash over their horrible incarna junk, but I don't see them passing up making a bunch of money long-term (you know, them being a company and all). I think CCP rushing some half-baked stuff into the game to make money from expanding their base was one of the factors in them messing up so badly with incarna. I would rather not see any repeat of that sort of incarna mess. CCP is going to be at least laying the groundwork for whatever they are going to be doing in that area in the future (hopefully real WiS) now....seems to me that it would be in our, the players, interests to watch CCP's direction with (again, hopefully real) WiS through the CSM as much as is possible.
With Issler's extensive real-world experience in computer graphics and working with design teams in the gaming area, as well as her interest in having all areas of EVE be fun for all the players - I don't know why we wouldn't want her on our player advisory council to CCP...
SerratedX
End-Game
#630 - 2012-03-13 11:30:57 UTC
Ka P'lah wrote:

I don't know why we wouldn't want her on our player advisory council to CCP...

Maybe because she doesn't have a clue about nullsec or pvp in general.

Why would I vote for Issler when I could vote for Elise for example who has a much broader base of experience. He is an FC, CEO, has an alt industrial corp, has a titan alt.

What could Issler contribute to a discussion about:

Supercap balancing
Moongoo rebalancing
Nullsec sov improvements
Lowsec improvements
Faction Warfare

The answer is nothing. There are numerous other people running who have experience (even perhaps more than Issler) in industry, which is Isslers niche platform.

Frying Doom
#631 - 2012-03-13 11:31:59 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Can Issler tell us where the "Drop de Panties" button is?

I think that is a personal question between her and her significant other Big smile

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#632 - 2012-03-13 19:20:53 UTC
Again, thanks for all the support I've gotten!

The impressive increase in voting levels makes me think that at least some of the "long shot" candidates are going to surprise the CSM 6 legacy!

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Frying Doom
#633 - 2012-03-13 22:21:14 UTC
SerratedX wrote:

Yes because after a year of Null sec and PvP improvements to the game with bugger all else besides and even the next patch being mostly to do with PVP, we really need more of that.

CSM6, a catch phrase for the minority ignoring the majority.

SerratedX
End-Game
#634 - 2012-03-13 22:41:19 UTC  |  Edited by: SerratedX
Frying Doom wrote:

Yes because after a year of Null sec and PvP improvements to the game with bugger all else besides and even the next patch being mostly to do with PVP, we really need more of that.

This is just not true.

The dozens of fixes and features that CSM6 successfully pushed for have a ton on of things that make all eve players happier. Client optimization, POS fixes, new nebulae, engine trails, POCOs, anom balancing and the new neocom are just some examples.
Frying Doom
#635 - 2012-03-13 23:45:41 UTC
SerratedX wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

This is just not true.

The dozens of fixes and features that CSM6 successfully pushed for have a ton on of things that make all eve players happier. Client optimization, POS fixes, new nebulae, engine trails, POCOs, anom balancing and the new neocom are just some examples.

Ok I must have Missed something. POS fixes, does this mean the code for the POS's works now and you can use an alliance POS for invention (As they we originally supposed to) or that the standings for the weapons systems works correctly now?

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#636 - 2012-03-13 23:49:14 UTC
I'm pretty sure the rookie ship redesigns that are in today's release aren't something that really benefit null alliances and ~elite pvp~ types a whole lot. And yes, they were something CSM6 pushed for. Check the minutes.
Issler Dainze
The Honda Accord
#637 - 2012-03-13 23:58:03 UTC
SerratedX wrote:
Ka P'lah wrote:

I don't know why we wouldn't want her on our player advisory council to CCP...

Why would I vote for Issler when I could vote for Elise for example who has a much broader base of experience. He is an FC, CEO, has an alt industrial corp, has a titan alt.

What could Issler contribute to a discussion about:

Supercap balancing
Moongoo rebalancing
Nullsec sov improvements
Lowsec improvements
Faction Warfare

The answer is nothing. There are numerous other people running who have experience (even perhaps more than Issler) in industry, which is Isslers niche platform.

Lived in Syndicate for a year. Three months in the drone region.

Was in the alliance tourney twice. Finished the first time in the upper 3rd.

I run multiple moon POSs to support our very profitable T2 ship production.

Owned a tech moon for a year in Tasti.

I live in low sec and have for 80% of my time in Eve.

Spent hours in CSM 2 discussing ways to fix null sov (they did nothing we suggested).

Set up an alt corp for FW when it first came out. Ended up finding it not my thing.

Supercaps, never had one, so all I can offer is observations.

I am not just a miner, I've spent 8 years in Eve and have done most all there is at one time or another.

So thanks for giving me a time to remind everyone I am one of the most rounded and experienced candidates in the race!

Issler Danze
The Miner's Friend but MORE!!
Csm 7 Candidate
Issler Dainze
The Honda Accord
#638 - 2012-03-14 00:02:49 UTC
SerratedX wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:

This is just not true.

Hmm, lets look at that list.

Client optimization would have certainly happened without CSM 6.

There have been only small POS fixes and to claim that EVERY CSM since #1 hasn't been pusing for POS fixes is crazy talk.

I've and many others have been shouting to CCP about fixing the sky boxes for years, so not the CSM 6.

Engine trails were already promised to be coming back, not the CSM 6.

POCOs are here because of DUST, not the CSM 6.

Balancing and neocom improvements have also been discussed by every CSM and the player base at large, not the CSM 6.

So, in summary, nothing there we can credit the CSM 6 with.

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#639 - 2012-03-14 02:47:28 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
Spent hours in CSM 2 discussing ways to fix null sov (they did nothing we suggested).

So unlike the members of CSM 6 who have a proven record of getting CCP to listen to them your record is having CCP ignore you.

What makes you think anything would be different if you were elected to CSM 7?

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Frying Doom
#640 - 2012-03-14 02:56:27 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:

So unlike the members of CSM 6 who have a proven record of getting CCP to listen to them your record is having CCP ignore you.

What makes you think anything would be different if you were elected to CSM 7?

It was not The Mittani or CSM 6 that got CCP to listen to them. It was pure fear and the player base. So many people cancelled their accounts and there was so much rage directed at the company, they had to listen or their profits would have continued to plummet and the CEO Hilmar Veigarwould have probably been fired.