These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Belt Ratting stealth nerf? chaining stealth nerf? mistake by ccp?

First post First post
Author
DangerosoDavo
Boob Heads
#1 - 2012-03-13 13:40:15 UTC
new spawns: http://www.evesecurity.com/quick/up/74b5b664b80188e17153650d13ba3bbe.jpg

Now battleships in the belts are no longer of a single rat type and are instead mixed. Effectivly nerfing belt ratting because chaining is affected.

So, how it was before... you chained high value spawns (triple 1.8M bountys) to get a higher ISK/Hour Income. This now becomes impossible as the Bs's will not be consistent, so the effective Max ISK/Hour income is reduced considerably.

Anyway this is an informational post only and not a whine or rage or rant :D

I just noticed it and it wasnt in the patch notes. Was it intentional?
malaire
#2 - 2012-03-13 13:45:11 UTC
CCP answer seems to be that nothing has changed
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=929873#post929873

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-03-13 13:45:21 UTC
I don't think chaining was ever intentional to begin with so frankly if this is the case I wouldn't call it a nerf but instead a fix.

It is probably a good thing anyway. Ratting is by far the largest faucet in EvE and it needs to be toned down a bit. This would be a good way of doing just that.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-03-13 13:46:05 UTC
I think the stock answer is HTFU and adapt to EvE as a challenging environment.

I mean heaven forbid that CCP might mix things up a bit for a challenge, largely intended as a suprise I would feel rather than everything remaining terribly predictable? Isnt this also something players have been asking for?
DangerosoDavo
Boob Heads
#5 - 2012-03-13 13:54:00 UTC
Clearly has changed. I would go as far as to say that said CCP Guy is wrong.
Roosterton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-03-13 15:25:20 UTC
CCP guy isn't wrong - there have always been two kinds of rats in a belt, such as battleships paired with warp scram frigs. The guy asking the question was bad at wording it, and should have said two different kinds of the same size of rat, rather than just two different rats.

Anyway - how would chaining be affected? As long as the group still travels as a spawn, it should be possible to still kill all the big stuff and then wait for it to respawn. I guess I'll see later today when I kill some belt rats...
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#7 - 2012-03-13 15:34:19 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
[snip]

It is probably a good thing to screw PvP'ers who don't want to go perma-blinky, or who don't want to be slaves to zerosec RMT/bot-plantation barons anyway. Incursions [are] by far the largest faucet in EvE and [they] won't be toned down a bit, as CCP keeps whoring for carebear subs. This would be a good way of dumbing down EVE even further, faster.

There: All fixed up for you--that's what you meant to say, after all, innit?

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

gfldex
#8 - 2012-03-13 15:35:09 UTC
You got 2 spawns at the same time in a belt. Rare thing to have, keep that screenshot.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

DangerosoDavo
Boob Heads
#9 - 2012-03-13 15:39:56 UTC
gfldex wrote:
You got 2 spawns at the same time in a belt. Rare thing to have, keep that screenshot.

Not anymore, happens in every belt now they arent two different spawns, the spawns are just different now.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#10 - 2012-03-13 15:46:29 UTC
Along with this, they've quietly modified the way sec status is rewarded so that only the player dealing the killing blow gets anything.

Way to nerf cooperative play, CCP.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#11 - 2012-03-13 15:49:31 UTC
DangerosoDavo wrote:
new spawns: http://www.evesecurity.com/quick/up/74b5b664b80188e17153650d13ba3bbe.jpg

Now battleships in the belts are no longer of a single rat type and are instead mixed. Effectivly nerfing belt ratting because chaining is affected.

So, how it was before... you chained high value spawns (triple 1.8M bountys) to get a higher ISK/Hour Income. This now becomes impossible as the Bs's will not be consistent, so the effective Max ISK/Hour income is reduced considerably.

Anyway this is an informational post only and not a whine or rage or rant :D

I just noticed it and it wasnt in the patch notes. Was it intentional?

i sure hope it was intentional!

2/3 of eve's isk is generated from npc bounties... if you can reduce isk generated then you can reduce inflation...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#12 - 2012-03-13 15:51:19 UTC
Thank goodness (or what a pity...) - it is hilarious the number of nullbears I've managed to upset by ******* up their chaining. Oh how they wailed and threatened and gnashed their teeth...perfection!

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

DangerosoDavo
Boob Heads
#13 - 2012-03-13 15:54:57 UTC  |  Edited by: DangerosoDavo
MeBiatch wrote:
i sure hope it was intentional!

2/3 of eve's isk is generated from npc bounties... if you can reduce isk generated then you can reduce inflation...

You are semi correct, 2 thirds of eves isk may come from bounties however it should be noted that this includes ALL bounties, from plex's/anoms/missions, i would hazard a guess and suggest belt ratting to be at the lower end of that stat.

But ill leave that to the CCP stat guy :D awesome guy that one.

Furthermore, imo CCP should nerf incursions and increase isk sinks instead of messing with something like belts which lets face it are bad anyways right?
CCP Bettik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2012-03-13 16:39:39 UTC
Yes I can confirm this has changed. It totally got missed in the patch notes and I will try to remedy that now.

We were refactoring how npc‘s through groups spawned and this was one small fix on that. So now you are not guaranteed to get always the same type of npc of the same size in the group. This applies to missions and belt rats.

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-03-13 16:46:38 UTC
Oh boy, you belt ratters get to relearn how to game the game again! Enjoy! You've really got to look at this with a positive attitude. The game being so old has been getting kinda blah since everything is documented. Now you get to re-;learn it all over again and be real Eve pioneers. Eve the game that keeps on giving! *sarcasm off*

Don't ban me, bro!

JitaPriceChecker2
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-03-13 16:53:47 UTC
CCP Bettik wrote:
Yes I can confirm this has changed. It totally got missed in the patch notes and I will try to remedy that now.

We were refactoring how npc‘s through groups spawned and this was one small fix on that. So now you are not guaranteed to get always the same type of npc of the same size in the group. This applies to missions and belt rats.

Does it apply to anomalies and plexes as well ?
Pesadel0
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-03-13 16:58:06 UTC
CCP Bettik wrote:

Lol really? I mean here i was aspecting to see it was a bug , and it is a feature , god damm .Belt ratting truly is now dead, and by the way the bs named cruise missile and torpedo are new features aswell?
Capacity gear
True Terraners
#18 - 2012-03-13 17:03:49 UTC
CCP Bettik wrote:

only one question,.... why?
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#19 - 2012-03-13 17:04:14 UTC
Why is belt ratting dead? Just kill all the spawns now and hope for a faction spawn, AS IT WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED. Jesus, damn nullbears.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#20 - 2012-03-13 17:07:32 UTC
wait missions as well?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

123Next pageLast page