These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Rebalancing Ship Skills (reference from recent DevBlog)

Author
Danny Husk
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-03-10 18:18:48 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Wait wait wait. You think it should take longer to fly a JF than any other ship? Why, exactly, should it take longer to train for a cargo hauler than for a titan?

I meant except as in, freighters are not included in the previous statement, because they have their own skill tree that doesn't really relate to anything else. Freighters are nominally referred to as "capital" ships, but they don't fit into the set of regular caps (e.g., they're "capital" ships that can use stargates). So they don't need to be grouped with other caps as the longest of long term goals.
Antal Marius
Allied Operations
Mechanicus Macabre Immortale
#22 - 2012-03-11 22:38:43 UTC
Danny Husk wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Wait wait wait. You think it should take longer to fly a JF than any other ship? Why, exactly, should it take longer to train for a cargo hauler than for a titan?

I meant except as in, freighters are not included in the previous statement, because they have their own skill tree that doesn't really relate to anything else. Freighters are nominally referred to as "capital" ships, but they don't fit into the set of regular caps (e.g., they're "capital" ships that can use stargates). So they don't need to be grouped with other caps as the longest of long term goals.

Orcas are also capital ships that can use gates. There's only three types of capital class vessels allowed in hi-sec, the racial freighters, their T2 varients, and orcas. I also know quite a few people that would love to have JFs easier to train for.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#23 - 2012-03-11 22:49:16 UTC
Grey Azorria wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:

Not really, I find the majority of people with carriers never even risk them :P they're literally just oversized ratting/transport ships.

Ratting carriers make for good KMs Blink

Heh, true, I killed a shield thanatos earlier. It made me smile. But still, the majority of people aren't that stupid and pay attention to local.

Antal Marius wrote:
I also know quite a few people that would love to have JFs easier to train for.

I know quite a few people that would love to have titans easier to train for, that doesn't mean it's a good idea P

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-03-11 23:08:02 UTC
I'll bite, why is making JF easier (not by too much though) to train for a bad idea? All it does is move stuff around with the added jump capability. It's not like you can use it for anything else.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#25 - 2012-03-11 23:26:31 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I'll bite, why is making JF easier (not by too much though) to train for a bad idea? All it does is move stuff around with the added jump capability. It's not like you can use it for anything else.

Because stuff is already too easy to move around?

Not to mention the fact that a JF is already not that difficult to train for. Given how much easier it makes logistics for an individual, corporation or alliance a few months training is pretty insignificant.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Antal Marius
Allied Operations
#26 - 2012-03-11 23:48:09 UTC
Personally, I'd like them to be cheaper, those things are costly to lose. But supply and demand, the supplier demands we pay 5+ billion for a ship that will eventually go pop
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#27 - 2012-03-12 00:01:07 UTC
Antal Marius wrote:
Personally, I'd like them to be cheaper, those things are costly to lose. But supply and demand, the supplier demands we pay 5+ billion for a ship that will eventually go pop

How on Earth do you lose a jump freighter?

I mean, outside of blind jumping in to high sec when you have war targets. Or hanging around on the perimeter gate next to 30 friendly looking yellow tornado pilots with 30b ISK of loot in your cargo.

The vast majority of people who buy a JF will never, ever lose that ship. Hell, even if you do accidentally jump into a war target gate camp you can always log off, pretty rare to see a high sec ganking fleet that can kill a JF in <1 minute and it's not like you have to worry about your modules turning off.

(Plus, let's be honest, no one hauls valuable stuff through high sec in a corp that has active decs.)

Antal Marius
Allied Operations
#28 - 2012-03-12 15:49:57 UTC
I've never lost one myself, but I have had a shipment lost that was being moved via jump freighter
Previous page12