These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Small Simple Addition for CQ

Author
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#1 - 2012-03-09 22:34:17 UTC
Ok i know that Incarna has been put on the incredably slow burn of like 2 guys in a room in the forgotten basement somewhere but i would like to suggest one functunal and fun feature for addition to CQ before we forget about our avatars for a few years.

The addition of a table and some chairs the abuility to invite around a max of about 10 to your CQ for a game a Texas Holdem with there hard earned ISK.

its not that much to ask for, just the abuility to invite some folks back after a hard days piliging or mining or whatever it is you do during the day and mercilusly take your comrads daily/weekly Earnings. ya know just a bit of fun untill incarna comes out.

constructive critisisum welcome,

Meklon
Minmatar United Freedom Front
#2 - 2012-03-09 22:37:31 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
Ok i know that Incarna has been put on the incredably slow burn of like 2 guys in a room in the forgotten basement somewhere but i would like to suggest one functunal and fun feature for addition to CQ before we forget about our avatars for a few years.

The addition of a table and some chairs the abuility to invite around a max of about 10 to your CQ for a game a Texas Holdem with there hard earned ISK.

its not that much to ask for, just the abuility to invite some folks back after a hard days piliging or mining or whatever it is you do during the day and mercilusly take your comrads daily/weekly Earnings. ya know just a bit of fun untill incarna comes out.

Could be a great diplomatic tool.... sod the ISK, let's start on systems......
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#3 - 2012-03-09 22:39:16 UTC
Meklon wrote:
ITTigerClawIK wrote:

Could be a great diplomatic tool.... sod the ISK, let's start on systems......

there could be much tears from this and thus i approve :-P , so much for starting small
Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#4 - 2012-03-09 22:42:11 UTC
It's actually 5 devs locked in the forgotten basement, and the 60 working on WoD (while they don't share much - if any - assets, they are built around the same tech).

But yeah I think thats the sort of stuff that they're working on.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Alaekessa
Matari Combat Research and Manufacture Inc.
#5 - 2012-03-09 23:07:57 UTC
What happens when someone accuses someone else of being a cheat?
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-09 23:14:44 UTC
Grey Azorria wrote:
It's actually 5 devs locked in the forgotten basement, and the 60 working on WoD (while they don't share much - if any - assets, they are built around the same tech).

so its basicly the same as before the summerrage

CCP commits to WOD,DUST,EVE and a little WIS

ok we didn,t see some leaked documents for a while

so i am glad ,things turn normal again!!!!

R.S.I2014

Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#7 - 2012-03-09 23:22:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Azorria
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
Grey Azorria wrote:

so its basicly the same as before the summerrage

CCP commits to WOD,DUST,EVE and a little WIS

ok we didn,t see some leaked documents for a while

so i am glad ,things turn normal again!!!!

Well, CCP currently has 32 vacancies advertised on their site, so I'm guessing that 60 people isn't actually that much in the grand scheme of things.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#8 - 2012-03-09 23:28:02 UTC
Cheating? Rifters at 50 km.

Gambling is on their list. But team avatar did answer the question of having some sort of multi-avatar area in the near term. Apparently the assets needed for multiple avatars in one area are not ready. Once they are, the assets for WHERE those avatars could be ( establishments) are mostly done. We are waiting on the multi-avatar client code and server code, as well as team avatar figuring out just what happens in an establishment.

Also note that when you walk about the CQ, none of that goes to the server. Its all happening on your client. There currently is no avatar server. The only thing that goes to the server is when you push a button.

What team avatar does not want to do is push out some sort of stop gap multi-avatar environment just to get something out, as it would have to be replaced once the real environment is ready. It would be redundant work.

I assume the WoD people will provide the tech for mulit-avatar environments. And team avatar just has to adapt it to eve.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-03-09 23:43:06 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Nice idea.

There's a sticky thread in the sub forum 'Features & Ideas Discussion', might wanna repost or provide a link to your suggestion in this thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=58990&find=unread
Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-03-09 23:48:46 UTC
You'd have a lot more fun if you just all went to oovoo or tinychat and played eve online hold'em there. You can even get some space hats for some srs RP
gfldex
#11 - 2012-03-10 01:15:57 UTC
I would like to have a fireplace, weapons display and an alchemy lab.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#12 - 2012-03-10 02:12:06 UTC
On a serious note they already said they aren't just gonna shove out a mutliplayer CQ cause they want to flesh out their plans for a WiS experience that actually effects gameplay in a meaningful way and so they don't want those plans to result in them scraping w/e work they did to make a multi player CQ.

The Drake is a Lie

Dantivio
Celestial Drilling
#13 - 2012-03-10 06:30:05 UTC
gfldex wrote:
I would like to have a fireplace, weapons display and an alchemy lab.

Fires in space? Witchcraft. Im in.
Daneirkus Auralex
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-03-10 07:25:53 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
i know that Incarna has been put on the incredably slow burn of like 2 guys in a room in the forgotten basement somewhere

its not that much to ask for
just the abuility to invite some folks back
ya know just a bit of fun untill incarna comes out.

Implying that adding a table, chairs, the ability to invite 10 characters to you CQ, and having them play Texas Holdem is not much to ask for.
Avid Bumhumper
Beekeepers Anonymous
#15 - 2012-03-10 07:47:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Avid Bumhumper
What they should have done with CQ is make it a command center.

Give CEO's, Directors, FC's Visual tools to operate., Universe map, location of forces, ship types, video feeds from your squad leaders, alts, probers, etc.
Visual feedback on who is reporting, perhaps even a 3-d map open over the table during an engagement or other operation.
In real battles, your general is not busy trying to pilot a ship and stay alive while giving orders. He is getting constant updates, making decisions and sitting on his couch in his command center getting a massage by an extremely limber dancing girl...Cool

Personally I think it would bring a new dynamic to battles, you also might breed a new group of FC's who can do well in a fight when they don't have to worry about flying too. From what i've seen recently, good FC's seem to becoming somewhat rare. Oops

My Tinfoil hat has been sugically implanted, so no,it is not for sale.....

Patient 2428190
DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
#16 - 2012-03-10 08:57:52 UTC
Not going to happen for long while

1. There is no netcode for the WiS. At all

2. Engine can't render more than a couple avatars without exploding. Honestly I don't know if they ever showed multiple avatars rendering in real time ever.

3. Optimization is a really, really dirty word to say to the Twilight programmers. Its probably more offensive than calling WoD Twilight Online.
malaire
#17 - 2012-03-10 09:01:23 UTC
That is not Small nor Simple.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-03-10 09:03:11 UTC
As long as there is a skill that allows me to hide cards up my sleeves, i'm all in Big smile
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-03-10 09:15:06 UTC
"small"

"simple"

orly?
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#20 - 2012-03-10 15:48:43 UTC
well considering there was a working demo of WIS a few fanfests ago with an establishment and multiple folks in it i dont see why we went down to a single room with no function a few YEARS later.
12Next page