These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Variety and Events IN SPACE.

First post
Author
Satav
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2011-09-19 15:55:27 UTC
bump.
Takamori Maruyama
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2011-09-19 15:57:54 UTC
Can we have a live PvP event that we fight a real Dev invasion in random place.
So they take control of the ships and exchange pew pew with everyone :P?

Loud and clear...

Satav
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2011-09-20 16:29:49 UTC
bump.
Satav
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2011-09-21 17:38:59 UTC
bump.
Satav
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2011-09-22 16:35:54 UTC
bump.
T'amber Anomandari Demaleon
#26 - 2011-09-22 16:43:52 UTC  |  Edited by: T'amber Anomandari Demaleon
CCP Navigator wrote:
I have passed your thread on to our Live Events team who just love running these cool Sansha invasions for you Smile

A lot of nice ideas here as well for how they could be enhanced.

...cough....

To the OP, make you own events, player run events tend to be much more creative than anything CCP could do.
If you do it right they'll help with getting some exposure. Navigator is good like that.

I wouldn't mind another badger run actually, that was fun :|
400+ battlebadgers through delve would be a good start.

www.shipsofeve.com

Tallianna Avenkarde
Pyre of Gods
#27 - 2011-09-22 17:01:01 UTC
I would just like to point out that CCP Dropbear, who is one half of the Live Event team, is currently running a fairly large project doing just that.. a quick search for Arek'Jaalan might be what you are looking for.

And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell. Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.

Xavier Quo
Ashfell Celestial Corporation
Ashfell Federation
#28 - 2011-09-22 17:24:07 UTC
solar flares screwing with shields/resistances/local in inner system etc
rogue (drone infested?) comets
roaming jovian dev fleets for lulz
npc corpwars
sleeper scouts in k-space
asteroid field collisions
rogue planets in deep space
region wide nearby supernovae effects

moar!
Satav
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2011-09-22 17:30:24 UTC
Xavier Quo wrote:
npc corpwars

moar!

Ty very much Xavier.

I guess this is the kind of input i was looking for. Although opinions about the topic in general are more than welcome.
jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2011-09-22 17:40:49 UTC
i reckon ccp should bring back wacky races Big smile that was mega fun. teams of ten pilots competing in a 30 jump race .. and some of the comunity camping at the gates trying to pop them ....ahhhh happy days .
Theodemir
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2011-09-22 18:00:01 UTC
Winterblink wrote:
~cool stuff~

Essentially, take the NPC factions and their conflicts, put them front and center in an active fashion in space around us, and let us be rewarded appropriately for sticking our noses into things. :)

I like your idea; to expand on that idea of immersion of conflict between the great empires and pirates, to have it so the empire you have high standings with sometimes (random) calls on you to aid them in a skirmish/battle/siege/whatever. If you had say 6.0 standing or greater with a particular great empire faction their navy commanders would sometimes [should you be in the area] call you and ask for your assistance. Some sort of video feed would be fantastic to make it all dramatic. That would also give you the option, like with your idea Winterblink, to also ignore it entirely and get some satisfaction that way, knowing someone is going to get shafted :P
Alundil
Rolled Out
#32 - 2011-09-22 18:15:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Alundil
Satav wrote:

Perhaps having an npc Angel fleet of 100 BS spawn in a randomn system in a high sec region once a month.

Or having a system's sun go supernova and spawn some in game material that could be mined.

Or having a comet crash into a planet and having tons of debris in a solar system like a giant asteriod field of ice/ore/ lvl 1pi materials.

Or have a 0.0 constellation spawn in a system an npc grouping of pos's, say 6-10 on an unoccupied moon, and the pos's have bounty and loot, perhaps faction tower bpc's.

These sound really cool and would, IMO, be very immersive. I especially like the idea of NPC POS spawns and the possibilities of BPC drops (or something commensurate). These would be very cool in Low/0.0 as you would be as limited in terms of fleet make-up (read caps). The only downside to this is the size of Gang that would be necessary if this were in High Sec as well considering that the largest ships are Battleships. So it would either take a good sized BS Fleet, or a long time to kill the POS. Not to mention these NPC POS might have to be "sans reinforced" just to keep people interested.

And NPC corp wars, as someone mentioned above, would be hilarious. That would be an epic revenge on the NPC corp griefers and Ninja Salvagers.

I'm right behind you

Oberine Noriepa
#33 - 2011-09-22 18:16:38 UTC
Xavier Quo wrote:
npc corpwars

moar!

Yes! I definitely want stuff like this.

Carcosa Hali
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2011-09-22 18:41:30 UTC
That's easy.. just expand the Incursion mechanics to support raids from every faction, ie Amarr incursions into Minmatar space... Gallente raids into Serpentis space... Guristas into Caldari... and ofcourse Sansha raiding most everyone, exactly as it should be. There are buckets of missions where a secret force sneaks into a system undetected, so there's plenty of backstory to support it.

Some work would need to be done concerning the weapons/resists penalties for everyone except Sansha, also no Concord loyalty points. Sansha are top villains and should remain that way.. (though I may be biased) >_>

It would get people more interested in taking a side of the ongoing Faction Wars, give us Sansha players a way to get in on the fun, and would lend an atmosphere of real war to EVE, as opposed to the compartmentalized and easily dismissed version found in FW.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2011-09-22 19:32:52 UTC

Suddenly, in your quarter ... on the bigscreen ...

*fffzzzzzzzbrrrrrrrr*

*TV static*

*[Your faction]-logo pops up on TV*

Capsuleer ! We need your help !

[Enemy pirates of your faction] have kidnapped a Damsel right from the station where you are right now !

The [pirates] are on their way out of the system, we need YOU to follow them, catch them and eliminate them !

Engineers are currently modifying your ship for faster warp speed, so you can catch up to them !

blablaetcetcyouknow.

Well, i'm obviously no writer, but you get the point.
Also, this can be totally solo'd, as other players not necessarily have to see the [pirates] anyway.
So there would be no interruption whatsoever.

Of course, it's an MMO ... but plenty of missions are run solo too,
and altough everybody can enter mission-space,
stuff like this wouldn't brake game mechanics or anything.

Hey, i'm a privateer ... i'm pretty much soloing this game from the beginning
and i really love to play it this way, altough most others can't even imagine how that could work.

Just an idea, anyway. :)

AND... i know, some of you ... like me ... would just say ...

"FINALLY she's gone for good !"

*lol*
Solomar Espersei
Quality Assurance
#36 - 2011-09-22 19:46:16 UTC
BUMP for an excellent thread.

Stop clearing the wreck fields! Leave that to the professionals. Moar wrecks=moar glorious Vigil raids and subsequent explosions.

Quality Assurance Recruiting intrepid explorers and BlOps/Cov Ops combat enthusiasts

Justified Cause
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2011-09-22 20:05:35 UTC
I want to see a Level V apocalypse on TQ, lulz shall be had
Satav
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2011-09-23 15:47:06 UTC
bump.

Thank you to all for all your input. I plan on keeping this thread going for a while so people have a place to put their ideas for CCP to see.

Keep it up! Love most of your ideas so far.
Satav
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2011-09-24 15:41:26 UTC
bump.
The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2011-09-24 18:44:28 UTC  |  Edited by: The Antiquarian
Guys,

There has been a Live Event happening for the past three months or so, personally handled by CCP Dropbear himself. It is largely capsuleer driven at the moment, but you will see the Live Event actors (Hilen Tukoss and Etc) dropping by to provide us with important updates and such.

The Live Event being hosted is called Arek'Jaalan Initiative. The ultimate goal is to learn the secrets of the Sleepers, Ancient Races, and Wormholes. Please refer to the links to learn more and see how you can help!!!

The Begining of Everything
http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=4646&tid=4

Original Thread on Intergalactic Summit
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1548138

Arek'Jaalan Promotional Video, created by Darves, approved by Hilen Tukoss (CCP Dropbear)
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1559713

Arek'Jaalan Official Portal
http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Arek%27Jaalan

This is one of the most immersive Live Events hosted by CCP, up to date. Please check the Intergalactic Summit forum and participate in any ways you can!