These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New ISK Lottery site.

First post
Author
L0rdF1end
Threat Contained
The Initiative.
#1 - 2012-03-07 15:17:44 UTC
Looks like there's another new ISK lottery site.

I haven't tried it myself yet but it looks to be pretty much the same as Blink and Synergy.
Looking at this initially does actually look like a more cleaner site, no advertising and stuff on there which is nice.

Think I'll give this a go tonight and report back on my thoughts making a comparison to the other two well known sites.

http://www.eve-risk.com
L0rdF1end
Threat Contained
The Initiative.
#2 - 2012-03-07 16:17:25 UTC
Has anyone tried this yet?

I just tried to register but has to be done in the in game browser so I'll have to wait until tonight :(

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#3 - 2012-03-07 16:54:37 UTC
You should know how the site is - presumably it's your own, and you're trying to shamelessly self-promote it here in GD

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

L0rdF1end
Threat Contained
The Initiative.
#4 - 2012-03-07 17:07:43 UTC
It's not mine. I wish it was, unfortunately I'm not that talented. Just eager to see what it's like in relation to the other sites.
SpaceSquirrels
#5 - 2012-03-07 17:20:07 UTC
Whats to stop these from being rigged, and having alt characters win; say a certain percent thus never really ever giving anything away? Or at least only giving a percent of the winnings truly away?
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6 - 2012-03-07 17:21:33 UTC
The site was put together buy a Jita 3X back scammer.

That should be all the info you need.

Mr Epeen Cool
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#7 - 2012-03-07 17:22:09 UTC
Didn't you post this on an alt a few days ago?

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

L0rdF1end
Threat Contained
The Initiative.
#8 - 2012-03-07 17:25:37 UTC
SpaceSquirrels , no idea, i guess good business earns trust and a constant user base.
If you are found out to be a scammer then you don't get that trusted consistent growing player base.

Mr Epeen, I would be very suprised if this were true. I don't see the point in someone spending god knows how many hours in creating something like this to be a scam. You would be better off sitting in Jita with the rest of the scammers.
L0rdF1end
Threat Contained
The Initiative.
#9 - 2012-03-07 17:26:45 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Didn't you post this on an alt a few days ago?

Not me matey, I heard about this site from a friend at work.
Where's the post? linky please.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#10 - 2012-03-07 17:30:05 UTC
For someone who is supposedly just curious and looking for info as an impartial third party, you are trying really hard to sell this site.

Begone.

Mr Epeen Cool
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-03-07 17:31:55 UTC
L0rdF1end wrote:
SpaceSquirrels , no idea, i guess good business earns trust and a constant user base.
If you are found out to be a scammer then you don't get that trusted consistent growing player base.

Mr Epeen, I would be very suprised if this were true. I don't see the point in someone spending god knows how many hours in creating something like this to be a scam. You would be better off sitting in Jita with the rest of the scammers.

You would be amazed to see how much effort some need to put in, since for some creating this kind of site is a matter of *some* clicks and the real benefit in RL cash can be far more interesting than you can imagine or already know.
Internet laws and international business laws being what they are, chances you get bored by cops for doing this are close to -100
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#12 - 2012-03-07 17:32:13 UTC
L0rdF1end wrote:
Has anyone tried this yet?

I just tried to register but has to be done in the in game browser so I'll have to wait until tonight :(

Gawsh Wally, do you think this guy is legit?

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

L0rdF1end
Threat Contained
The Initiative.
#13 - 2012-03-07 17:34:08 UTC
lol, begone where. Im actually pretty amused by your reaction, it's better than my current workload. Please continue to amuse me some more. Maybe you are associated with one of the other sites? :)

In all seriousness I'll try this tonight and provide a report back on my thoughts in comparison to the others.
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2012-03-07 17:34:25 UTC
Shameless advertising in GD.

Getting locked up.