These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ok i got it

Author
Scarlet Cutcher
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-03-06 22:43:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Scarlet Cutcher
I will keep my idea and opinion for myself. And i will leave the forum to its righteous owners.

Fortunatly the game is made by CCP.
Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#2 - 2012-03-06 23:03:16 UTC
And the 'puzzle' that is proper small gang PvP isn't enough of a challenge?

Also, not supported because nowhere should be 100% safe, however if that puzzle sovling gameplay was say, added to w-space, then I could get behind it.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#3 - 2012-03-06 23:31:17 UTC
I'm afraid the "non-combat" part of your idea wouldn't work out the way you think.

Why?
Quote:
Rorqual

Capital Industrial Ships skill bonuses:
-5% reduction in fuel consumption for industrial cores per level
10% bonus to effectiveness of mining foreman gang links per level when in deployed mode
50% bonus to the range of Capital Shield Transporters per level.
20% bonus to drone damage and hitpoints per level.

Plus, barges and other "science vessels" can be fitted for combat. Simply fit a point, web, energy neutralizers, and combat drones.

Beyond this... creating an area "devoid" of actual combat limits the options for players to "take out" the competition. It also has the potential for people to create supply lines that their enemies cannot touch... at least, not without training into "science vessels" themselves and fitting them out for combat.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#4 - 2012-03-06 23:59:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Gizznitt Malikite
ShahFluffers wrote:
I'm afraid the "non-combat" part of your idea wouldn't work out the way you think.

Why?
Quote:
Rorqual

Capital Industrial Ships skill bonuses:
-5% reduction in fuel consumption for industrial cores per level
10% bonus to effectiveness of mining foreman gang links per level when in deployed mode
50% bonus to the range of Capital Shield Transporters per level.
20% bonus to drone damage and hitpoints per level.

Plus, barges and other "science vessels" can be fitted for combat. Simply fit a point, web, energy neutralizers, and combat drones.

Beyond this... creating an area "devoid" of actual combat limits the options for players to "take out" the competition. It also has the potential for people to create supply lines that their enemies cannot touch... at least, not without training into "science vessels" themselves and fitting them out for combat.

Lol... Rorqual pilot lands in system.... People JC to their clone conveniently installed in the Rorqual. They then board their PvP ships within the Rorqual's SMB, and suddenly there is a nice PvP gang in your combat only zone....

The Orca poses the same issues too...
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#5 - 2012-03-07 00:33:10 UTC
Unless their PvP ships are Battle Badgers only the Orca is an immediate threat.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Scarlet Cutcher
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-07 12:40:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Scarlet Cutcher
Not relevant.
Scarlet Cutcher
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-03-07 12:42:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Scarlet Cutcher
Not relevant.
Scarlet Cutcher
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-03-07 12:48:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Scarlet Cutcher
Not relevant.
Kata Amentis
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-03-07 12:56:12 UTC
What happens when something like Eve-survival has a complete list of all the solutions?

"but it could be generated content"

what happens when the botters figure out the procedure behind the generator and have solutions to all the puzzles?

Curiosity killed the Kata... ... but being immortal he wasn't too worried about keeping a count.

Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#10 - 2012-03-07 12:56:16 UTC
Scarlet Cutcher wrote:
Grey Azorria wrote:

Also, not supported because nowhere should be 100% safe, however if that puzzle sovling gameplay was say, added to w-space, then I could get behind it.

I don't need support, this post is purely for CCP eyes only.

It's a public forum, so that's incorrect.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Scarlet Cutcher
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-03-07 14:07:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Scarlet Cutcher
Not relevant.
Scarlet Cutcher
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-03-07 14:33:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Scarlet Cutcher
Not relevant.
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#13 - 2012-03-07 15:36:05 UTC
This is an area for public discussion. If you want the idea to just go to CCP send a petition, but they have this area so that new ideas get to confront a hostile audience before they pick the ones they like best.

That said, your fundamental idea has some merit, but the basic concept of "research puzzles" would probably be better aimed at WiS content (secure labs, anyone?)

Scarlet Cutcher
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-03-07 16:07:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Scarlet Cutcher
Not relevant.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-03-07 16:20:51 UTC
Scarlet Cutcher wrote:
Buzzy Warstl wrote:
This is an area for public discussion. If you want the idea to just go to CCP send a petition, but they have this area so that new ideas get to confront a hostile audience before they pick the ones they like best.

That said, your fundamental idea has some merit, but the basic concept of "research puzzles" would probably be better aimed at WiS content (secure labs, anyone?)

Thanks for being constructive.

But i don't agree that any post in any part of the forum should be "hostile" in anyway.

Criticism does not equal hostile. Constructive Criticism is more then welcome.

"hostile" means opposed to, meaning CCP will nto even consider an diea til it survives the rampant attacks of the F&I forum.

also, eve is a sandbox, putting an artificial limiters on any area of the game, like this one (to keep out combat), would go against the very definition of a sandbox.

im not AGAINST areas of the agme that require "brain over brawn", but they cannot completely exclude the brawn approach. being a sandbox, nearly ALL approaches should be viable towards accomplishing ALL goals.
Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#16 - 2012-03-07 17:05:49 UTC
Scarlet Cutcher wrote:
Grey Azorria wrote:

I don't need support, this post is purely for CCP eyes only.

Yes, because CCP will pursue a half baked idea that only 1 single person actually likes rather than a fully fleshed out idea that a large part of the community supports.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Scarlet Cutcher
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-03-07 17:08:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Scarlet Cutcher
Not relevant.
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#18 - 2012-03-07 17:24:12 UTC
Some members of the community have a rather crude approach. It's annoying, but seems to be representative of at least the RP personas of a large portion of the player base.

If an idea can't stand up against them here, deploying it to the game would be problematic at best.