These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve Political Spam Evemail?!!

First post
Author
Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#21 - 2012-03-07 12:36:03 UTC
Alpheias wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Just so everyone knows:

* I collated a list of likely voters.

Since I was one of those that received your spam, I'd like to ask you what makes you think I would even be remotely interested in voting for someone like you?

He only claimed to be contacting likely voters, not voters planning on voting for him.

Nyan

Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-03-07 12:38:02 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
What a wanker! Crying "spam!" I know poets who cry spam a lot! But, as you say, this is EVE. Cry "spam"!?
Puleeze. I sentence you to watching Monty Python's "Spam" video ten times. Google it and report back.

+1 for wanker. Are you English perchance.
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Pandemic Horde
#23 - 2012-03-07 12:43:42 UTC
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Alpheias wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Just so everyone knows:

Since I was one of those that received your spam, I'd like to ask you what makes you think I would even be remotely interested in voting for someone like you?

He only claimed to be contacting likely voters, not voters planning on voting for him.

That is beside the point. Good intentions or not, I don't care for spam.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

gfldex
#24 - 2012-03-07 12:52:04 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:

You missed and the GM is wrong.

"7. You may not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations. "

Spam is illegal in pretty much any country on the planet. Do not send any mail to me or any alt of mine ever again.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

gfldex
#25 - 2012-03-07 12:54:07 UTC
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:

So players that are likely voters are not likely to plan to vote for him?

Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#26 - 2012-03-07 12:57:23 UTC
So I'm wondering, what the **** made you think I'd vote for you?
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#27 - 2012-03-07 13:00:52 UTC
Sounds like you should contact some unlikely voters and turn them around Trebor :) These folks seem to be all butthurt that you took the time to advertise yourself.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-03-07 13:10:39 UTC
gfldex wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:

"7. You may not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations. "

Spam is illegal in pretty much any country on the planet. Do not send any mail to me or any alt of mine ever again.

Spam (in this context) - to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.

Think he said in a previous post that he chose people who he though might be interested, that does not sound indiscriminate to me. Plus he only sent it once which would also imply it's not being sent indiscriminately.
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#29 - 2012-03-07 13:15:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Samillian
If you don't want to read a post to your EvEmail box then delete it. It's a system most people have used for years.

Should such a post enrage you, rather than create a thread about it I suggest a more satisfying solution would be to find a good locator agent, track down the offending pilot and liquidate him/her in game.......repeatedly.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#30 - 2012-03-07 13:18:35 UTC
Sasha Azala wrote:

Think he said in a previous post that he chose people who he though might be interested, that does not sound indiscriminate to me. Plus he only sent it once which would also imply it's not being sent indiscriminately.

Indiscriminate enough to catch several people who have publicly and loudly stated they were not voting for him, based on posts I have seen and names in the mail sent to me.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Myz Toyou
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2012-03-07 13:18:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Myz Toyou
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Just so everyone knows:

* I got confirmation from a senior GM that sending political email is perfectly fine, as long as I didn't repeatedly email the same people. Same as last year.

* I sat at the keyboard and sent out the mails using EVE-Gate. It was very boring and tedious -- sort of like mining, except for votes.

* The Mittani was so impressed he tried to pump me for information. I said I'd tell him my secrets after the election is over.

I replied you with the advice to eat a big pile of cat poo, danm spammer. No votes for you.

edit: Bon Apetit
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-03-07 13:21:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Sasha Azala
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Sasha Azala wrote:

Indiscriminate enough to catch several people who have publicly and loudly stated they were not voting for him, based on posts I have seen and names in the mail sent to me.

Well you don't expect him to get the target audience always right do you?

Plus as it's only 1 EVEmail, it takes but a second to delete it and you don't even need to open it.
Vigo Carpath
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#33 - 2012-03-07 13:28:13 UTC
gfldex wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:

No shortage of drama queens around this thread. Boo frickity hoooo. Suck it up princess. He touched your inbox not your no no special place.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#34 - 2012-03-07 13:31:38 UTC
gfldex wrote:
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:

This applies to email.

You received an evemail

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Fraszoid
Miner Guide to the Galaxy
#35 - 2012-03-07 13:33:08 UTC
I appreciate the mail, but you got me too late, I already voted for Skye.
MisterNick
The Sagan Clan
#36 - 2012-03-07 13:48:57 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
* I got confirmation from a senior GM that sending political email is perfectly fine, as long as I didn't repeatedly email the same people. Same as last year.

Funny, I heard about the good news three times Roll

Oh sorry, wrong kind of spam.

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom."

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#37 - 2012-03-07 14:06:31 UTC
Its one EVE mail. Hardly spam. Amazed you guys can even handle reading the forums...
gfldex
#38 - 2012-03-07 14:30:48 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
This applies to email.

You received an evemail

You may want to read the laws in question.

gfldex
#39 - 2012-03-07 14:31:53 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
Its one EVE mail. Hardly spam. Amazed you guys can even handle reading the forums...

Very true. Next year it will be 50, not counting supporters.

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#40 - 2012-03-07 14:35:35 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:

I know I certainly can barely contain myself around these forums.

Seeing as everyone and their dog posts about crap on here they like or dislike. Well I happen to DISLIKE political messages of any kind. Whoever believes whatever it is.... to me its SPAM nothing else. Yes it got deleted as soon as it was opened and I realized what it was. Then I posted cuz I know that there are others that share this sentiment. I hated it in Jita... I hated it in the mission hubs... I hated it on the forums. Especially because its political in nature.

Politics to me is like watching grass grow... or watching the special Olympics... no matter who wins theyre still retards!! Yes its a bad joke but thats the way I feel about ALL politics. One of the main reasons I avoid Null. Cant stand the bullshit.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.