These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Eve Political Spam Evemail?!!

First post
Author
Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#1 - 2012-03-07 07:13:30 UTC
Dude!! Dont spam my inbox with political "vote for me!!" messages. Thats just a sad way. Its bad enough in the real world when you get those stupid automated calls about elections or the spam election campaign signs that litter your city or town come election day, and thats neverminding the tv commercials and radio announcements.

Seriously NOT IN EVE!!Roll

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#2 - 2012-03-07 07:16:46 UTC
How DARE they take the initiative to try and make people aware of who they are and what they want to do for EVE and in turn you. And how DARE CCP make it so easy to click delete on such profound mail in less than 2 seconds.
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#3 - 2012-03-07 07:16:47 UTC
RoboCall not have feelings, not care about your human emotions. Robo must call more people.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Kehro Urgus
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-03-07 07:18:34 UTC
I recieved only one. Exactly the same number I recieved last year.

Yeeee! 

Serene Repose
#5 - 2012-03-07 07:28:20 UTC
What a wanker! Crying "spam!" I know poets who cry spam a lot! But, as you say, this is EVE. Cry "spam"!?
Puleeze. I sentence you to watching Monty Python's "Spam" video ten times. Google it and report back.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#6 - 2012-03-07 07:42:39 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
What a wanker! Crying "spam!" I know poets who cry spam a lot! But, as you say, this is EVE. Cry "spam"!?
Puleeze. I sentence you to watching Monty Python's "Spam" video ten times. Google it and report back.

No!! And you cant make me so there.

But then Im no poet, or maybe I am one and didnt know it.... or...er...um.... SPAM!!!

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-03-07 08:49:10 UTC
I opened my mailbox saw Trebor's spam and voted for Seleene instead.

Last year Trebor had my votes and I had expected to vote for him again.

Thanks to the javascript IGB API mass-mailing is pretty easy and you probably won't get CCP to do anything about it. Just vote with your votes.
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#8 - 2012-03-07 08:52:12 UTC
Florestan Bronstein wrote:

Thanks to the javascript IGB API mass-mailing is pretty easy and you probably won't get CCP to do anything about it. Just vote with your votes.

Same here.

Nothing like being annoying to rally the troops Roll

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#9 - 2012-03-07 09:18:58 UTC
Yea Roll

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Othran
Route One
#10 - 2012-03-07 09:20:42 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Florestan Bronstein wrote:

Same here.

Nothing like being annoying to rally the troops Roll

Yep, same here. I don't use companies who spam me and I sure as hell am not voting for some fuckwit who thinks its acceptable to do the same.

Don't vote for spammers, don't vote Trebor.
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-03-07 09:41:05 UTC
Just so everyone knows:

* I collated a list of likely voters.

* I got confirmation from a senior GM that sending political email is perfectly fine, as long as I didn't repeatedly email the same people. Same as last year.

* I sat at the keyboard and sent out the mails using EVE-Gate. It was very boring and tedious -- sort of like mining, except for votes.

* The Mittani was so impressed he tried to pump me for information. I said I'd tell him my secrets after the election is over.

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#12 - 2012-03-07 09:50:36 UTC
Most of us are so jaded by our own email inboxes that we automatically reject any kind of unsolicited mail as scam. Just what the internet in general, and eve specifically have taught us over the years.

The technical side of it is, admittedly, quite well done, but considering you are not the only one to do it(I got one from Blueberry Bold some 3.5 hours before yours) its more like a sign of badness to come.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#13 - 2012-03-07 10:15:33 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Most of us are so jaded by our own email inboxes that we automatically reject any kind of unsolicited mail as scam. Just what the internet in general, and eve specifically have taught us over the years.

The technical side of it is, admittedly, quite well done, but considering you are not the only one to do it(I got one from Blueberry Bold some 3.5 hours before yours) its more like a sign of badness to come.

I totally agree with this.

Even though this was done by hand a) its still annoying as anything to me as I detest spam of any kind and b) someones going to start spamming evemail boxes soon enough looking for votes.

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Mai Khumm
#14 - 2012-03-07 10:55:59 UTC
rodyas wrote:
RoboCall not have feelings, not care about your human emotions. Robo must call more people.

Clearly a Canadian...
Darius III
Interstellar eXodus
The Initiative.
#15 - 2012-03-07 11:05:27 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Just so everyone knows:

* The Mittani was so impressed he tried to pump me for information. I said I'd tell him my secrets after the election is over.

Woah, you impressed Mittani! Don't dislocate your arm patting yourself on the back there brother. +1 on alienating your voter base though. Needs more spam

Hmmm

Vyktor Abyss
Abyss Research
#16 - 2012-03-07 11:09:49 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Just so everyone knows:

* I got confirmation from a senior GM that sending political email is perfectly fine, as long as I didn't repeatedly email the same people. Same as last year.

* I sat at the keyboard and sent out the mails using EVE-Gate. It was very boring and tedious -- sort of like mining, except for votes.

* And as a result I won't even bother reading what you have to say or consider voting for you
Kain De'Stroi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-03-07 11:31:23 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Just so everyone knows:

im calling BS.,
you used bots before and why are your opposition getting mails from you if you collected a list of likely voters?
Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#18 - 2012-03-07 11:39:46 UTC
Trebor's mail didn't mention FW, so I won't be voting for him.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Pandemic Horde
#19 - 2012-03-07 12:26:00 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Just so everyone knows:

Since I was one of those that received your spam, I'd like to ask you what makes you think I would even be remotely interested in voting for someone like you?

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2012-03-07 12:31:49 UTC
The great and powerful Mittani does not spam you and will not spam you begging for votes. You should reward him for not vomiting all over your inboxes with a vote so that he may be everyones dear leader in CSM 7
123Next pageLast page