These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Bringing Back The Gallente

Author
Kitt JT
True North.
#21 - 2012-03-07 05:02:36 UTC
Nomistrav wrote:
You try to field a blaster brutix against an HML drake and the second you turn on your MWD to get within range you're signing your own death warrant, let alone if you're stupid enough to select 'approach' or 'keep at range' and put your transversal at 0 just adding onto your own problems

this shows how much you understand about pvp.

If you spent more time shooting spaceships, maybe you'd know why.

I fly hml drakes often. The battlecruiser I'm afraid of is the brutix (although admitedly, i havent dueled a talos yet in my drake)
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-03-07 07:20:40 UTC
Step 1: Merge ORE and the Gallente (ORE is a Gallente company) by classifying all Gallente industrials as ORE ships, and changing their requirements to ORE Industrial. In addition, remove the Gallente Industrial skill (it is now worthless) and transfer all SP Investment in that skill into ORE Industrial (and letting players spend their extra SP as they please).

Step 2 (Optional): The Gallente Mining Frigate should be CAREFULLY removed* in favor of giving every Gallente ship a Mining-related Bonus. If you don't want to remove the mining frigate, just make it a miniature mining barge.

Step 3: Make the Harvester Mining Drone move as fast as the others and give it the capability to harvest Gas, Ice, and Mercoxit.

Step 4: Buff the ORE Mining Lasers.

Step 5: Give the Noctis a drone bay.

Step 6: Give the Gallente a Frigate that uses both Missiles and Drones. Hell, it can even be the old Mining Frigate if you want.

Most of my suggestions are based on the fact that the Gallente are only good for Industry, and also because people tend to argue over whether or not drones or missiles are better.

Troll my ideas if you want, I made them up as I went along, and I am severely sleep-deprived.

*A non-magnetic Pozidrive screwdriver with a rubberized suction tip and a rubberized grip, rubber gloves, an Anti-Static mat, and a Grounding Strap are all highly recommended

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Brisco County
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-03-07 09:08:20 UTC
Gallente are pretty good after the boost. The problem is that the player base spent years building up the "Gallente are total sh*t" sentiments. That is why more people fly Minmatar.

Nomistrav
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#24 - 2012-03-10 01:58:23 UTC
Kitt JT wrote:

this shows how much you understand about pvp.

If you spent more time shooting spaceships, maybe you'd know why.

I fly hml drakes often. The battlecruiser I'm afraid of is the brutix (although admitedly, i havent dueled a talos yet in my drake)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzoTqlDWBq4

Video evidence mate. Might not be an HML Drake, but it still holds it's own against some pretty insurmountable odds considering.

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Duchess Starbuckington
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-03-10 13:59:39 UTC
The reason Gallente don't appear much on that list is that to top 10 killers or whatever are what people use for blobs. For smaller gang/solo PVP, Gallente are great.
Leto Aramaus
Black Fox Marauders
Pen Is Out
#26 - 2012-03-10 16:03:46 UTC
Duchess Starbuckington wrote:
The reason Gallente don't appear much on that list is that to top 10 killers or whatever are what people use for blobs. For smaller gang/solo PVP, Gallente are great.

And that's fair and balanced?

I like that video evidence there.

Either the Drake (passive shield tanking in general) needs nerfed, or armor tanking/Gallente weapons need buffed... AGAIN.

Drop-Me-Own-Stocks Darius
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-03-10 21:20:18 UTC
I have heard complaints about Hybrid Weapons and how they are restricted to certain damage types. Sure, they aren't my products, but since I run a business, I know how capitalism works, and thus you have to give people what they want. So a step in the right direction would be to modify Antimatter S ammunition, so that it does the same amount of damage as it used to, but it can inflict all four damage types. Not only that, but it would be realistic scientifically, since the collision would cause some kinetic damage, the matter-to-antimatter contact would cause an explosion, and that would also release alot of energy as well as heat. There you go, all four damage types.

But I still dont understand how they managed to pack anti-matter into a titanium shell without it getting destroyed. Dark-Titanium, perhaps? Because Amaroq said on that Astrophysics thread that Dark Matter is both matter and anti-matter at the same time.

I am also curious as to how Antimatter S is manufactuered with conventional materials.
Who would like to buy a melon?  Madame, would you like to buy a--   ...oh. I see you've already got some.   Who would like to buy a melon?
Plaude Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-03-10 23:19:27 UTC
Kitt JT wrote:
Minnie cons:...
...Split weapon systems, and tank systems means very skill intensive. (train shield AND armour, missiles, AND guns.

Can you say Typhoon? It is supposed to be the Minmatar Tier 1 Battleship, and thus "the easiest Minmatar BS to fly". Now take a look at its slot-layout, please. It has 5 guns, 5 launchers, 175m3 Drone Bay, 8 hi-slots, 4 mid-slots, 6 low-slots (some numbers may be wrong. I haven't looked at it in a long time)... If it's supposed to be easy to fit and fly, then why does it need so many skill-points to be flown properly? And even worse: It's skill-bonuses. It gets a bonus to Large Projectile Turret AND Cruise Missile and Torpedo Damage. And to really get anything good from it, it also needs Heavy Drones, which also, by the way, require quite a lot of Skill Points. They're basically TRYING to combine 3 Weapon-systems on 1 ship, while giving it a really lousy shield-tank, a pretty good armor-tank or a mediocre Speed-tank. No wonder they're only used by gankers who fit it with 8 Large Smartbombs. That's a lot easier to use than managing 3 weapon systems. If any ship needs to be revamped, it really should be the Typhoon. Perhaps make it less skill-intensive since it's currently a Tier 1 BS. It's a ship that tries to be a Raven (Missiles), a Dominix (Drones), an Amarr BS (Armor-tank) and a Maelstrom (Proj. Guns) at the same time... And fails at all.

CCP clearly didn't think it properly through. Sure, it's a good enough ship if you want to start cross-training, but that's it. It's not a good ship for a pilot who just got up into a Minmatar Battleship, and suddenly needs to train for Heavy Drones AND Cruise Missiles/Torpedoes. CCP, rework it...

New to EVE? Want to learn? The Crimson Cartel will train you in the fields of _**your **_choice. Mainly active in EU afternoons and evenings. Contact me for more info.

Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-03-21 07:18:34 UTC
You don't need to use Missiles or Drones on that thing. They ability to do so is just there.
Who would like to buy a melon?  Madame, would you like to buy a--   ...oh. I see you've already got some.   Who would like to buy a melon?
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-04-03 04:21:22 UTC
I have some new ideas on how to make Hybrids not suck.

Exhibit One: Damage Types

As we all know, Hybrid Weapons are restricted to two damage types: Thermal and Kinetic. This makes them easy to predict, and most tanks these days are pretty good at resisting those damage types. My proposal is to make Hybrid Ammunition either do all four damage types, or to make it a randomized combination of two or more damage types, depending on the ammunition.

Exhibit Two: Accuracy

Hybrid Weapons have problems with hitting the target. A solution: Magnetized charges. These charges would work like missiles in the fact that they would home in on a ship's hull automatically because of the strong magnetic field. This would make them far more likely to hit the target.

Exhibit Three: Size of the target versus size of the attacker

We all know that the bigger they are, the harder they fall, except in the case of missiles: They do more damage to targets with larger signatures. What if Hybrid weapons did the same? This would make it easier for small ships to have a fighting chance against larger ones, while not being too overpowered. To make it further benefit the Gallente, blasters could have an explosion radius/explosion velocity bonus, and Gallente ships would further enhance that bonus.

Exhibit Four: Capacitor

The ammount of capacitor required by hybrid weapons should be reduced. It isn't that serious of a problem with onyl a few guns, but when you start to use larger quantities of larger guns it becomes more of a problem. My proposal is to make it so that the more hybrid weapons you have fittied, the less capacitor is required by each gun.
Daeva Teresa
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2012-04-03 07:35:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Daeva Teresa
Sorry Drop-Me-Own-Stocks Darius but I dont think that turning hybrids into missiles is a good idea.
You could just say: Drop hybrids on galente and give them missiles.
You know that any changes to hybrids will afect Caldari too right?

As a long time galente user, I am really looking forward for that new drone dmg mod that was anounced at fanfest and will be released in Inferno. We could see return of the drones as main dmg ... well no, I dont think so ... but it will still be nice for pve at least. Maybe I will take my old dominix from the hangar again just to see how it will works.

CCP really please dont use Upgraded, Limited, Experimental and Prototype in item names. It sounds like the item is actually worse than basic meta 1 item. Use Calibrated, Enhanced, Optimized and Upgraded. Its really easy to understand that the item is better than meta 1 and its also in alphabetic order.

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-04-03 11:38:03 UTC
Let the dam thread die guys, it's a total waste of time.

First because there are too many mechanics involved that if released would make minmatar ever bigger predator than today, second because it's against all fundamental logic that the ships with the shortest range gun type don't have the tank, the speed or the ability to project their dmg decently.

Changes to T2 ammo are nice I agree but what else use do you have or can find for gallente ships other than gates and station undocks? -even then the only way to make those sort properly is by using RAPIERS or bonus double web loki.

Stop wasting your time with this stuff, it's clearly a waste of precious energy. Cross train and use the FOTOM, time you will be done they will throw another bone at Gallente gate/station pilots, they will be so over happy with they will post how dumb you are for not knowing how to fly Gallente.

Well at next AT we can expect Gallente ships to do decent stuff since tactics used are about complicated and interesting than gate ones, would like to see rules stating you can't use mix race ships for AT. Would look a little bit more serious business Lol
Previous page12