These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Add a Monarchy faction within Eve

Author
Simon Risalo
Antithesis Undefined
#1 - 2012-03-05 04:22:52 UTC
They have some cool factions, but a Monarchy faction would be neat to have within Eve.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-03-05 04:28:43 UTC
How would this change anything fundamental except giving developers a hell of a lot more work to do, as well as introducing many, many more issues with balancing than there are now?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Simon Risalo
Antithesis Undefined
#3 - 2012-03-05 04:34:09 UTC
James, ANY change gives developers more work to do. Does that mean that there shouldn't be any changes within Eve?
Simon Risalo
Antithesis Undefined
#4 - 2012-03-05 04:36:08 UTC
This would be a good option too as 4 faction choices is ok but MORE would be better frankly. And if Eve keeps growing, more factions would be useful in growing the diversity of Eve.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-03-05 04:40:48 UTC
I don't think you realize how unrealistic this proposal is. Adding another race would require adding new ships, stations, sections of space, lore, missions, etc. It would take so much developer resources that they would have to stop work on other more worthwhile pursuits, such as the much-needed revamp to warfare mechanics.

CCP MAY have or at one point had plans regarding the Jove Directorate, but other than that I don't see the four race dynamic ever changing.

Simon Risalo
Antithesis Undefined
#6 - 2012-03-05 04:57:24 UTC
Well we can agree to disagree.
Mfume Apocal
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-03-05 05:02:55 UTC
Simon Risalo wrote:
They have some cool factions, but a Monarchy faction would be neat to have within Eve.

What do you mean by "monarchy faction"?
Gerrick Palivorn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-03-05 05:08:50 UTC
I think that he wants another faction in eve thats based on a monarchy and has knights and princess' and dragons and fairies and TROLLS and kings and queens and castles and...well you get the idea.

MMOs come and go, but Eve remains.  -Garresh-

Danel Tosh
Nocturnal Reconnaissance and Manufacturing
Eve Engineering
#9 - 2012-03-05 05:42:08 UTC
the Ammar Empire has a Feudal system that is comparable with a monarchy, we dont need a new one.
Tidurious
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-03-06 20:51:50 UTC
Simon Risalo wrote:

ANOTHER terrible idea by Simon! Really, this idea is even worse than "Mega Alerts" and that other crap.

Perhaps it's time to biomass, hmmm?
AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#11 - 2012-03-07 03:15:09 UTC
Amarr...
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2012-03-07 05:45:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Amaroq Dricaldari
Gerrick Palivorn wrote:
I think that he wants another faction in eve thats based on a monarchy and has knights and princess' and dragons and fairies and TROLLS and kings and queens and castles and...well you get the idea.

No. That would be stupid. Just the essentials, no fantasy stuff. Unless they have ships named after those things, of course. For example, Troll could be a Battleship, and when viewed from the side it has the vague shilloette of a trollface stretched horizontally. And the Fairy could be a Destroyer with the simple description of "Don't let the name fool you".

On a side-note, a Half-Communist, Half-Monarchist nation would be kind of cool, being descendants of insane Space-Russians and Space-Canadians.

Back On-Topic:

There ships would probably all need some kind of industry-related bonus, just to set them apart, but that might make the Gallente worthless (the only thing they have going for them is industry).

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Kiroma Halandri
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-03-08 02:09:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiroma Halandri
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I don't think you realize how unrealistic this proposal is. Adding another race would require adding new ships, stations, sections of space, lore, missions, etc. It would take so much developer resources that they would have to stop work on other more worthwhile pursuits, such as the much-needed revamp to warfare mechanics.

CCP MAY have or at one point had plans regarding the Jove Directorate, but other than that I don't see the four race dynamic ever changing.

First, let's solve the Agents problem with a Random Mission Generator and a Random Agent Generator, and we should also make some randomized star systems for the newbies to start in.

Next, we need to reduce the amount of work required by the Devs and introduce a volunteer system for designing the new faction. Example:
Quote:
We are looking for volunteers who meet the following requierements:
  • Can contribute decent ideas
  • Can get along and work together in a group
  • Is not a troll

Things we need for the new faction:
  • Playstyle ideas
  • Fan-Made Lore
  • System and NPC Corp names
  • Faction Name
  • Ship Designs
  • Concept Art

Potential Rewards include:
  • Free Game Time
  • Early Access to this new playable faction, complete with bonus skillpoints on the character

Safe Flying
[center]I'm not Anti-Social,    **I just don't like you.[/center]**
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-03-08 08:45:13 UTC
Does this contribute anything meaningful to the game? If yes, what? Because I'm having a hard time seeing exactly what more of the same does to benefit EVE players.

Osvaldr Adridian
Giant Robot Factory
#15 - 2012-03-08 11:34:08 UTC
I'm pretty sure Amarr have like a pseudo-monarcy thing goin on.

http://i.imgur.com/wGQin.jpg

Zyress
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-03-08 17:19:09 UTC
How about the Khanid Kingdom?
Ines Tegator
Serious Business Inc. Ltd. LLC. etc.
#17 - 2012-03-08 17:52:57 UTC
There is one. It's called Amarr.
Drop-Me-Own-Stocks Darius
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-03-09 04:33:14 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Does this contribute anything meaningful to the game? If yes, what? Because I'm having a hard time seeing exactly what more of the same does to benefit EVE players.

He was just pitching his ideas out, no need to get nervous. How do you think progress is made in a capitalistic economy?
Who would like to buy a melon?  Madame, would you like to buy a--   ...oh. I see you've already got some.   Who would like to buy a melon?