These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Don't listen to the haters, CCP. You know better. Keep with it.

Author
Sprite Can
#1 - 2012-02-29 02:42:39 UTC
Of course, talking about the name changes. This a very, very good thing and the butthurt oldfags need to get over it. Naming schemes should follow a logical convention and an item's meta level should be immediately recognizable by its name. No more 'Scout' meta 4 autocannons and 'Scout' meta 2 Railguns. No more Medium small lasers. No more random technobabble. Rename everything.

Refreshing Lemon-Lime~

Billatron
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-02-29 03:39:48 UTC
Why make another thread...

You are obviously just new and can't handle there is so much to learn. Just keep trying you'll get there.
Sprite Can
#3 - 2012-02-29 03:58:24 UTC
I've been playing just as long as you. Please explain to me what the current [lack of a] naming convention for items adds to the game.

Refreshing Lemon-Lime~

testawan
Deliverance.
Ocularis Inferno
#4 - 2012-03-01 12:22:25 UTC
The changes are a ***** for 2 reasons.

**** the new names.

****** up my kill board.
Missile War
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-03-01 18:25:32 UTC
testawan wrote:
The changes are a ***** for 2 reasons.

**** the new names.

****** up my kill board.


oh noes your killboard >.> cause its so life changing
Mister Burns
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-03-01 22:55:30 UTC
I don't think it's a big deal but I liked the old names better because it was more immersive. After all you don't see different car/airplane companies etc use the same naming conventions for their different models!
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Villore Accords
#7 - 2012-03-02 00:46:53 UTC  |  Edited by: chatgris
Missile War wrote:
testawan wrote:
The changes are a ***** for 2 reasons.

**** the new names.

****** up my kill board.


oh noes your killboard >.> cause its so life changing


The (battleclinic) killboard is the only reason I keep playing this game. It gives me a wide variety of goals (can I kill that cruiser in my rifter to get even more points? Can I take on that gang and kill X before I die?) and scores for said goals.

Once you have enough ISK, and if you aren't interested in in game politics (space holding etc), the killboards are all that's left to work towards. Otherwise, while combat is fun, you don't really have a score without a killboard.

EDIT: Having said that, I didn't really care much about renaming, but if it's messing up my killboard, well, that changes my view. Are killboards actually being affected by this? I thought they just renamed all the old weapons in their killmail history.
Erogo Proxy
Aedezia
Etsala Legion
#8 - 2012-03-02 01:11:57 UTC
i spent a long time writing a reply to this but it could be me in alot of trouble -_- so just going to say the new names mess with me that has been playing the game for a long time and CCP disregard to the older player base just to get more people to play the game is really a sad thing and leaves me wondering how much longer til the game wont be worth it, lets just hope someone organizes a petition for this or manages to change their minds. but with the way people are putting up with this, is it wrong to hope someone snaps and does something crazy at fanfest?
Sprite Can
#9 - 2012-03-02 04:34:36 UTC
Erogo Proxy wrote:
i spent a long time writing a reply to this but it could be me in alot of trouble -_- so just going to say the new names mess with me that has been playing the game for a long time and CCP disregard to the older player base just to get more people to play the game is really a sad thing and leaves me wondering how much longer til the game wont be worth it, lets just hope someone organizes a petition for this or manages to change their minds. but with the way people are putting up with this, is it wrong to hope someone snaps and does something crazy at fanfest?


There is a petition in the General Discussion forums. It's currently at 12 votes to keep old names vs 35 votes to change them. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=873068#post873068

Refreshing Lemon-Lime~

Razin
The Scope
#10 - 2012-03-02 15:43:17 UTC
Erogo Proxy wrote:
i spent a long time writing a reply to this but it could be me in alot of trouble -_- so just going to say the new names mess with me that has been playing the game for a long time and CCP disregard to the older player base just to get more people to play the game is really a sad thing and leaves me wondering how much longer til the game wont be worth it, lets just hope someone organizes a petition for this or manages to change their minds. but with the way people are putting up with this, is it wrong to hope someone snaps and does something crazy at fanfest?

Don't knock it man. Allegedly the name changes will help the imbeciles in getting a handle on EVE gameplay. And we all know that CCP needs more new customers so that they are better able to finance WoD development.
Sienna Baby
Sarum Strategic Consulting Firm
#11 - 2012-03-04 22:12:29 UTC
i am so uset to the old name it is like learning the diffrence between a cc 4 and a cr 4 lol to eou 4 lol
Opertone
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-03-05 14:17:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Opertone
regardless, why did you touch my missiles names?

if Hilmar wanted EM rocket, he would explicitly design it from the beginning.

Imagine.

Big TH Drone, Sniper KIN drone, Small EXP drone

EXP rocket, KIN missile, TH torpedo. Torpedo bay alpha (meta 1), Missile bay beta (meta 2), Rocket bay gamma (meta 3).

Kin charge S, Multi charge M, short lens L

Asteroid type 1, Asteroid type 2

Moon, Moon, Moon, Race 1, Race 2, Race 3, Unreleased Race.

Caldari frigate class 1, Race 2 frigate class 2, Race 2 frigate class 3 mk 2a (Harpy), Race 2 frigate class 3mk 2b (Hawk)

This post sums up why the 'best' work with DCM inc.

WARP DRIVE makes eve boring

really - add warping align time 300% on gun aggression and eve becomes great again

Socomar
Quantum Corp
#13 - 2012-03-05 17:52:13 UTC
O.o... yall lost me long ago....lol
good thing im not a pvper.
but i have to go with keeping what people are use too.
why make it so people have to relearn everything again.
as the old saying go's...
if its not broke dont fix it.
Nick Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#14 - 2012-03-05 21:01:00 UTC
Too bad that "vote" thread is locked.

have to say i am with CCP on this one.

No bittervet action over here.

Nothing clever at this time.

HyperZerg
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-03-06 22:06:06 UTC
"Don't listen to the haters, CCP. You know better. Keep with it."

Like Aurum ?
Kabark
Schilden
#16 - 2012-03-07 10:59:19 UTC
HyperZerg wrote:
"Don't listen to the haters, CCP. You know better. Keep with it."

Like Aurum ?

LOL win...
Keep the old names. The only reason I came to EVE was the level of complexity and sophistication. If CCP dumbs everything to were a 10 year old can understand it, then that is just who will be playing. I love EVE because its player base is of a (most of the time) more mature crowd. If you making it so impossibly easy to master, it will turn into "WoW in space" with thousands of foul mouthed, over privilaged, snobby brats. Is that was you want CCP?
Sprite Can
#17 - 2012-03-07 16:02:36 UTC
Kabark wrote:
HyperZerg wrote:
"Don't listen to the haters, CCP. You know better. Keep with it."

Like Aurum ?

LOL win...
Keep the old names. The only reason I came to EVE was the level of complexity and sophistication. If CCP dumbs everything to were a 10 year old can understand it, then that is just who will be playing. I love EVE because its player base is of a (most of the time) more mature crowd. If you making it so impossibly easy to master, it will turn into "WoW in space" with thousands of foul mouthed, over privilaged, snobby brats. Is that was you want CCP?


That argument is equivalent to that of the right-wing homophobes saying that if we allow gay marriage here in the US it will lead to people wanting to marry animals and inanimate objects. It is simply not true and holds no basis in fact or logic.

Refreshing Lemon-Lime~

Socomar
Quantum Corp
#18 - 2012-03-07 20:28:42 UTC
pass the sheep please... XD
Kabark
Schilden
#19 - 2012-03-08 09:43:34 UTC
Sprite Can wrote:
[quote=Kabark][quote=HyperZerg]"Don't listen to the haters, CCP. You know better. Keep with it

Like Aurum ?[/quot
LOL win.
Keep the old names. The only reason I came to EVE was the level of complexity and sophistication. If CCP dumbs everything to were a 10 year old can understand it, then that is just who will be playing. I love EVE because its player base is of a (most of the time) more mature crowd. If you making it so impossibly easy to master, it will turn into "WoW in space" with thousands of foul mouthed, over privilaged, snobby brats. Is that was you want CCP?[/quot

That argument is equivalent to that of the right-wing homophobes saying that if we allow gay marriage here in the US it will lead to people wanting to marry animals and inanimate objects. It is simply not true and holds no basis in fact or logic.

I have been playing EVE for over 5 years now and have seen a gradual shift in the difficulty of gameplay. It has move from learning how the game works by starting out in frigs and slowly but progressively move on to bigger and better things such as corps, politics industry, and pvp. However it is now so simple as to start an account and get spoon-fed to battleships in 2 weeks to go pewpew with little to no actual EVE experience or knowledge. Then they dominate blobs due to shear numbers, and with all these bonuses to SP and the nerfed learning curve, they can very easily multiply like rats (no pun intended). Couple that with blatently simply diversity with everything that goes into a ship, expect to see fan base age average to drop like rock. When the fan base age drops, there will be more crying about "I just bought a macheriel and got pewed!!!11!" I would expect to eventually see it to where the market is almost entirely NPC run, PVP will have to be a consent flag per party, and ships don't get destoyed, they just have to fly their pod out there and get into the wreck. Since CCP is trying so hard to be like Blizzard.
Socomar
Quantum Corp
#20 - 2012-03-09 17:26:24 UTC
Easy?
lol... if you say so. i cant fly 3 jumps without pirates killing me.
so no point in playing on tq server anymore for me.
i just check my training and head to the test server.
tq server is ideal for the pvp players.
im not one of then. they need more servers.
12Next page