These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Question about Low/Null Sec Stations?

Author
Alexis Prey
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-09-22 08:58:44 UTC
So I've been doing some missioning in NULL sec, and when ever I warp to my station, or undock, I'm always worried about a griefer killing me. I'm wondering how this stuff works? I mean, can a pirate put a warp bubble up infront of a NPC or player owned station to stop you? How long do they have to wait to target you after you undock? Can a player owned station shoot at you? Is there a way to tell if a station is owned by a player or NPC, and if you have permissions to dock without driving up, and attempting it?

Thanks in advance,

Lex
foksieloy
Rockets ponies and rainbows
#2 - 2011-09-22 09:24:07 UTC
Alexis Prey wrote:
I mean, can a player put a warp bubble up infront of a NPC or player owned station to stop you?


Fixed it for you. There are no pirates in nulsec. And in nulsec the station can be bubbled as much as needed.

Alexis Prey wrote:
How long do they have to wait to target you after you undock?


30 seconds or until you do something, whichever comes sooner.

Alexis Prey wrote:
Can a player owned station shoot at you?


No.

Alexis Prey wrote:
Is there a way to tell if a station is owned by a player or NPC, and if you have permissions to dock without driving up, and attempting it?


Open system info, look at stations, look info on station, look at owner.

Disclaimer: I do not actually play this game, I just forum warrior.

Signal11th
#3 - 2011-09-22 10:07:09 UTC
If you're worried about bubbles on the station always create a warp point say 300km above the station. This will enable you to see whats going on around the station and what's better alot of people bubble around the station but rarely above it(until now that is).

Hopefully you should be creating safe points in the system say around 3 or 4 and if a large amount of neuts have entered or you cannot get to the station you can just warp between these safe point whilst waiting for the neuts/reds to leave the system

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Damiez
Malum Mortuus
Nuclear Confusion
#4 - 2011-09-22 10:27:12 UTC
Signal11th wrote:
If you're worried about bubbles on the station always create a warp point say 300km above the station. This will enable you to see whats going on around the station and what's better alot of people bubble around the station but rarely above it(until now that is).

Hopefully you should be creating safe points in the system say around 3 or 4 and if a large amount of neuts have entered or you cannot get to the station you can just warp between these safe point whilst waiting for the neuts/reds to leave the system


And as for safes, if you use the same npc stations, undock when its clear and move in a straight line till 160+km off station, when you undock and warp to this point, warp is dam near immediate.

Google Dotlan and look at the regions, it will tell you if they are npc or player owned (NPC are usually grey squares) example:
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Vale_of_the_Silent

All the NPC sysytems are in, for this example, Tribute.

  If you wish to rent this space, Please enquire within.

Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#5 - 2011-09-22 11:52:17 UTC
All outposts (to use it's proper name) are in null sec are built by players them selves and also look completely different from NPC ones in high sec.
NPC null sec has the same rules as anywhere else in null sec aside from things related to sovereignty such as moon mining and certain POS structures.

For example Great wildlands is all owned by NPC faction (thukker tribe)
Another example is Syndicate same deal where whole region owned by one NPC faction.

If they want they can anchor a bubble in front of station which takes a few minutes and is removed after 30days just like anchored secure cans.
So if you are flying alone in null, you better get some friends or get that cov ops pretty fast.