These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Character customization is a bit more broken than usual

First post First post
Author
Yiole Gionglao
#1 - 2012-02-25 10:23:09 UTC
Well, as probably someone is to give a look at the missing backgrounds, maybe would be nice to make a little list of things that have been broken since Incarna and before...

- Squint eyes. They've been with us since day 1 of Incursion & as far as I remember it was caused by some axis algorithm issues. Maybe it's time to get back to that algorithm so eyes get to look in the same direction each now and then.

- Achura females bra straps bug. Since day 1 of incarna, tank tops fail to conceal the bra straps on Achura females. Ironically, the tank tops used to work perfectly prior to Incarna.

- There is a male hairstyle which casts an exaggerated shadow on the forehead that makes it look like a wig.

If someone knows/recalls more issues, please list them here.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#2 - 2012-02-25 12:13:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Yiole Gionglao wrote:
Well, as probably someone is to give a look at the missing backgrounds, maybe would be nice to make a little list of things that have been broken since Incarna and before...

- Squint eyes. They've been with us since day 1 of Incursion & as far as I remember it was caused by some axis algorithm issues. Maybe it's time to get back to that algorithm so eyes get to look in the same direction each now and then.

- Achura females bra straps bug. Since day 1 of incarna, tank tops fail to conceal the bra straps on Achura females. Ironically, the tank tops used to work perfectly prior to Incarna.

- There is a male hairstyle which casts an exaggerated shadow on the forehead that makes it look like a wig.

You think the missing backgrounds are bad ? Mine went missing on my alt after I went in to put pants back on him that had disappeared on Patch Day last. Yes, my alt was wandering around starkers from the waist down. (CCP moved my petition to Bugz).

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

ISD Grossvogel
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#3 - 2012-02-25 12:17:03 UTC
Thread moved from General Discussion.

ISD Grossvogel (ISD Гроссфогель) Captain, Community Communication Liaisons (CCL) Волонтёр группы по взаимодействию с игроками Interstellar Services Department

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#4 - 2012-02-27 07:19:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Commissar Kate
Yiole Gionglao wrote:

There is a clipping issue with the "Executor" jacket around the armholes when you wear a T-shirt under it. Only other one I can think of right now. -fixed

And yea I get the tank top and bra strap bug too, seems like it been like that forever now. I even submitted a few bug reports on that issue over six months ago.
Yiole Gionglao
#5 - 2012-02-27 14:40:34 UTC
Commissar Kate wrote:
Yiole Gionglao wrote:

There is a clipping issue with the "Executor" jacket around the armholes. Only other one I can think of right now.

And yea I get the tank top and bra strap bug too, seems like it been like that forever now. I even submitted a few bug reports on that issue over six months ago.

What's funny with that bug is that it was added a while after the tank tops themselves... i have some pictures of this character with a tank top and no bra strap.

SniperSpecs
Couch Athletics
#6 - 2012-03-02 19:39:08 UTC
The background finally rendered in successfully, but I still can't see any difference when I try to change the color or intesity of the lighting like I was able to in the beginning of Incarna. Only the different lighting positions work.
Yiole Gionglao
#7 - 2012-03-03 07:33:34 UTC
SniperSpecs wrote:
The background finally rendered in successfully, but I still can't see any difference when I try to change the color or intesity of the lighting like I was able to in the beginning of Incarna. Only the different lighting positions work.

Make sure that your shader settings are set to "high", I think they tinkered with that.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-03-04 09:08:47 UTC
I find it extremely difficult to change body shape with the customization tool. The controls are not intuitive, and they're very clunky with a limited range of motion. Personally I think each separate attribute could be controlled by sliders, for example jaw width, jaw depth, eye separation, thigh thickness, etc.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Yiole Gionglao
#9 - 2012-03-04 09:25:50 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I find it extremely difficult to change body shape with the customization tool. The controls are not intuitive, and they're very clunky with a limited range of motion. Personally I think each separate attribute could be controlled by sliders, for example jaw width, jaw depth, eye separation, thigh thickness, etc.

This is EVE, you are not supposed to be able to take full advantage of anything on your first attempt... Twisted

Seriously, tinker with it a lot. Sculpt characters and don't save them until you get the grasp on how the hotspots work, some are pretty subtle and many have different effects depending on the view (i.e. it's not the same to drag them on the frontal view than on a side view).

Another useufl tip is to just randomize the whole thing until you see something similar to what you looked for, then do minor triming on it rather than start with anything random and try to major trim it to what you aim for.

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#10 - 2012-03-05 16:52:59 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I actually quite like click and drag for changing body shape, have not come across another game with the same system yet. Although I will say that some more documentation explaining how the system works may be needed. Some tweeks to the UI could also help to make it bit easier to figure out what does what.

This might be not the best example but the game SPORE had a nice customization system that did not use the traditional sliders, it had arrows and rotate rings to customize the various parts of your creature, spaceship or whatever you were trying to make. I found it rather easy and intuitive to use.
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#11 - 2012-03-05 21:57:49 UTC
CCP any word on when the bra strap bug as stated by the OP is going to be fixed? I submitted a bug report over 6 months ago for it.

I hope it gets fixed before you guys release the sleeve tattoos so we can actually wear a tank top and not look silly.
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2012-03-05 22:08:31 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP karkur
I actually just took a look at it today (and even used your character as a test caseP). This is only issue with the oldest characters, because we changed the underwear sometime after Incursion, and the new underwear does not have this problem.
We will probably have to write a script to run on all these characters to replace the old underwear with the new one, but I cannot really say now when that would be.

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#13 - 2012-03-05 22:21:05 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
I actually just took a look at it today (and even used your character as a test caseP). This is only issue with the oldest characters, because we changed the underwear sometime after Incursion, and the new underwear does not have this problem.
We will probably have to write a script to run on all these characters to replace the old underwear with the new one, but I cannot really say now when that would be.

Thank you CCP kakur, your my hero for the day. Big smile
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#14 - 2012-03-05 22:29:52 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:

i hope you share the underwear removal script.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Yiole Gionglao
#15 - 2012-03-06 07:35:57 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:

Soo, lt's all about changing our underwear? Could we get some lace, too? (wink, wink) Lol

Aethlyn
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-03-06 13:38:48 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:

Sounds naugthy... like some robot sneaking into your house, exchanging your underwear while you're asleep (or maybe even while you wear it!?). :)

Looking for more thoughts? Follow me on Twitter.

Yiole Gionglao
#17 - 2012-03-06 13:57:40 UTC
Doh, I was so carried about the underwear bug that i forgot to ask about the squint eyes... Lol

Is there a chance that someone gives a look (preferably with straight eyes) to the issue of squint eyes?

Or maybe just allow us to move each eye on its own?

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#18 - 2012-04-24 13:55:56 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:

Any updates on when this will be fixed?

I also noticed some of the clothing bugs have been fixed in the Escalation patch so good work there.
Native Tom
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-04-24 16:03:41 UTC
After today's escalation to Inferno it is even more broken , as in not being able to do any customization on my characters without locking up.
Justice Comes
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-04-25 00:56:42 UTC
I don't understand why we're able to take pictures of them with their eyes in the process of blinking or fully blinked. Unless you are looking to create a wacky shot, these are all failed attempts which must be done over.

Most annoying thing of the week: You failed to dock/jump because you are cloaked (in your Deep Space Transport).

12Next page