These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

POS's Flogging the Dead Horse

First post
Author
Kitt JT
True North.
#61 - 2012-03-03 16:08:52 UTC
Well that blue tag up there ^^^^^^ seems to be a good thing.

But yeah. Please do this.

I also would like to know how the shields would work
Or if there WOULD be a shield.
Andy Landen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#62 - 2012-03-03 16:22:11 UTC
+1 The pos also needs to be deployable by individual players not for the corp. This allows the player to leave the corp and retain control of the pos, or stay in corp and not worry about directors meddling with his "player owned station" (pos). The pos, when deployed as an individual, will be controlled by the player who onlines it. That player may then grant permissions to specific parts of the pos (on a pos module basis) to individual players, corps, or alliances as desired. IE. the player who onlines it is the owner and may for instance set the corp to be allowed to fuel it, but only he can remove fuel from it, and only he may set the password or set who may enter the pos or offline it.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein 

Velicitia
XS Tech
#63 - 2012-03-03 18:19:19 UTC
Andy Landen wrote:
+1 The pos also needs to be deployable by individual players not for the corp. This allows the player to leave the corp and retain control of the pos, or stay in corp and not worry about directors meddling with his "player owned station" (pos). The pos, when deployed as an individual, will be controlled by the player who onlines it. That player may then grant permissions to specific parts of the pos (on a pos module basis) to individual players, corps, or alliances as desired. IE. the player who onlines it is the owner and may for instance set the corp to be allowed to fuel it, but only he can remove fuel from it, and only he may set the password or set who may enter the pos or offline it.



yeah, this couldn't be exploited or anything. Roll

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Cailais
The Red Pill Taker Group
Exxitium
#64 - 2012-03-03 18:38:06 UTC
Kitt JT wrote:
Well that blue tag up there ^^^^^^ seems to be a good thing.

But yeah. Please do this.

I also would like to know how the shields would work
Or if there WOULD be a shield.


It was a good thing 5 years ago.

Nothing happened.

C.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#65 - 2012-03-03 18:52:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Turn a star base into a capital ship that you turn on its 'seige' mode and it deploys everything? and all the modules you have fitted to it will function as the star base's stuff? various bays and the sorts too?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#66 - 2012-03-03 19:33:07 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Turn a star base into a capital ship that you turn on its 'seige' mode and it deploys everything? and all the modules you have fitted to it will function as the star base's stuff? various bays and the sorts too?



... what the? I don't even...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#67 - 2012-03-03 20:34:41 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Nova Fox wrote:
Turn a star base into a capital ship that you turn on its 'seige' mode and it deploys everything? and all the modules you have fitted to it will function as the star base's stuff? various bays and the sorts too?



... what the? I don't even...



Yeah, what Velicitia said. That's a completely different thing. If that's what you want to suggest please make a new thread.
Gibbo3771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#68 - 2012-03-03 22:34:03 UTC
Dont see whats so hard about implementing player created ranks

player creates rank

player adds list of available roles to rank

player names the rank

assigns players to that rank
Andy Landen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#69 - 2012-03-04 02:54:09 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Andy Landen wrote:
+1 The pos also needs to be deployable by individual players not for the corp. This allows the player to leave the corp and retain control of the pos, or stay in corp and not worry about directors meddling with his "player owned station" (pos). The pos, when deployed as an individual, will be controlled by the player who onlines it. That player may then grant permissions to specific parts of the pos (on a pos module basis) to individual players, corps, or alliances as desired. IE. the player who onlines it is the owner and may for instance set the corp to be allowed to fuel it, but only he can remove fuel from it, and only he may set the password or set who may enter the pos or offline it.



yeah, this couldn't be exploited or anything. Roll


If you use a pos which was anchored and onlined for an individual and not for the corp, then you deserve to lose anything you bring into it. Get your own pos and use it if you don't trust the owning corp/individual. A POS would be onlined for a corp to take advantage of directorship control and alliance perks like jump bridges, etc.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein 

JustSharkbait
Black Fox Marauders
Pen Is Out
#70 - 2012-03-04 07:13:53 UTC
This would be awesome.

+1

Hoo Ha Ha!!

Rico Minali
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2012-03-04 15:12:24 UTC
Still needs doing, just like it still needed doing a few years back. So, CCP, this still needs doing...

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#72 - 2012-03-04 17:43:01 UTC
Andy Landen wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
Andy Landen wrote:
+1 The pos also needs to be deployable by individual players not for the corp. This allows the player to leave the corp and retain control of the pos, or stay in corp and not worry about directors meddling with his "player owned station" (pos). The pos, when deployed as an individual, will be controlled by the player who onlines it. That player may then grant permissions to specific parts of the pos (on a pos module basis) to individual players, corps, or alliances as desired. IE. the player who onlines it is the owner and may for instance set the corp to be allowed to fuel it, but only he can remove fuel from it, and only he may set the password or set who may enter the pos or offline it.



yeah, this couldn't be exploited or anything. Roll


If you use a pos which was anchored and onlined for an individual and not for the corp, then you deserve to lose anything you bring into it. Get your own pos and use it if you don't trust the owning corp/individual. A POS would be onlined for a corp to take advantage of directorship control and alliance perks like jump bridges, etc.


OK, so now you set up two large POS in some system, and are cranking out T1 and T2 ships/modules/etc. You get a dec, and just drop corp to avoid it, whilst still cranking said stuff.


you see the problem now?

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#73 - 2012-03-05 07:55:02 UTC
Wholeheartedly agree with Velicitia.

Bump for OP. Awesome idea.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#74 - 2012-03-05 12:35:26 UTC
I have a spiked mace, can I use that or is the dead horse too fresh still? Twisted

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#75 - 2012-03-05 14:19:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
no, you need a cat o' nine tails ... sorry. They can be purchased at the booth over there for 1 ISK.

If you wish to use said mace, Soundwave is over there Arrow (he's the guy wearing the $1000 jeans).

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#76 - 2012-03-05 14:58:54 UTC
meh just saying the entire thread been discussed to death and thats the only thing New i can bring to the thread, sorry.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Carmizan
Lords of Maelstrom
#77 - 2012-03-05 15:05:40 UTC
Must agree with Nova Fox

Just to Add CCP read the entire thread and implement the modular POS and the other good ideas in the thread
Velicitia
XS Tech
#78 - 2012-03-05 15:15:21 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
meh just saying the entire thread been discussed to death and thats the only thing New i can bring to the thread, sorry.


there's not much new to bring ... hence continuing to flog the dead horse. Blink
Pretty much, at this point, the thread's purpose it just keeping CCP from forgetting about POS in favour of more $1000 jeans or something.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Nick Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
Manifesto.
#79 - 2012-03-05 21:12:37 UTC
+1 for the thread and thanks for keeping it alive.

One side thought, with the advent these new Fuel Blocks, now towers have a fixed consumption rate, no matter if the only thing online is a Corp Hanger or in full manufacture/death star mode.

I believe this is an error that should be addressed.

Nothing clever at this time.

Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#80 - 2012-03-05 21:38:12 UTC
Nick Bison wrote:
One side thought, with the advent these new Fuel Blocks, now towers have a fixed consumption rate, no matter if the only thing online is a Corp Hanger or in full manufacture/death star mode.

I believe this is an error that should be addressed.


I did think it a bit strange, that. I honestly didn't think there were that many people who played this game who found arithmetic difficult. Must be though for them to feel the need to simplify it that much.