These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

INCURSION NEEDS TO BE TONED DOWN, SOMEONE WHO HAS HIS OWN TENGU FLEET IS MAKING 15 BILLION ISK A DAY

Author
Angry Brother
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-03-04 06:43:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Angry Brother
Electric Shoe is claiming he makes 15 billion day from incursion with his own tengu fleet alts without any risk. This needs to be addressed as it is an example of the imbalance regarding risk/reward.

here are his alts:

Tengu Tabby
Tengu Talia
Tengu Tasha
Tengu Teagan
Tengu Tequila
Tengu Tex
Tengu Tiffany
Tengu Tomiko
Tengu Tracy
Tengu Trianna

Corporation: Dynamic Space Industries
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2 - 2012-03-04 06:47:22 UTC
Your thread title needs to be toned down.
Ursula LeGuinn
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-03-04 06:51:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Ursula LeGuinn
The number of players running those nine accounts is completely irrelevant. CCP has allowed and even encouraged multiplay in EVE for years. Balancing the game around the very rare player who runs many accounts simultaneously would be silly, as would punishing such players. Also: They're paying for nine accounts.

In before "They pay for their accounts with ISK...."

"The EVE forums are intended to provide a warm, friendly atmosphere for the EVE community." — EVElopedia

Tarikan
Preload Thorium
Get Off My Lawn
#4 - 2012-03-04 06:53:02 UTC
oh look someone's got 10 toons.

i agree, incursion payouts in high-sec are on par with null-sec ratting if not better, for lower risk, but for someone having 10 more toons/alts to play with is no unheard of.

If someone has gotten the time and dedication to make money in this game called eve, then they'll do it.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#5 - 2012-03-04 07:20:13 UTC
Tarikan wrote:

i agree, incursion payouts in high-sec are on par with null-sec ratting if not better, for lower risk, but for someone having 10 more toons/alts to play with is no unheard of.

If someone has gotten the time and dedication to make money in this game called eve, then they'll do it.

Nullsec must blow these days, c3's make more and plexing is on par with them (in hisec).

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Patient 2428190
DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
#6 - 2012-03-04 07:28:20 UTC
You realize this guy is CCP's ideal customer right?
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-03-04 08:11:27 UTC
Yea... this is silly topic.

Incursion mechanics and rewards as themselves are issue which should (and has been) discussed specially now after botting has become harder again and interest towards alternative isk sources will increase. This has nothing to do with amount of accounts you're willing to play and fund though.

10 accounts cost 60 billion isk/year. 10 tengus another 10 billion and training time many billions more. If you're willing to invest that to be able to run incursions alone.... you have earned your right.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#8 - 2012-03-04 08:20:29 UTC
get rid of isk payouts replace with lp payouts only.

watch the price of every faction item bottom rocket.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Ocih
Space Mermaids
#9 - 2012-03-04 08:23:18 UTC
Get rid of Incursions so the forums can get back to a new, Nerf Level 4 thread every two hrs.
Jalmari Huitsikko
Avanto
Hole Control
#10 - 2012-03-04 11:18:01 UTC
Ursula LeGuinn wrote:
The number of players running those nine accounts is completely irrelevant. CCP has allowed and even encouraged multiplay in EVE for years. Balancing the game around the very rare player who runs many accounts simultaneously would be silly, as would punishing such players. Also: They're paying for nine accounts.

Newsflash: 10 accounts is not a rare thing.

When you look at the income per character you can make with 1 and 10 there's great difference and it doesn't scale well with number fo accounts.

It's not a players fault though, reward mechanics just suck ass.
Jalmari Huitsikko
Avanto
Hole Control
#11 - 2012-03-04 11:19:30 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:

Incursion mechanics and rewards as themselves are issue which should (and has been) discussed specially now after botting has become harder again and interest towards alternative isk sources will increase. This has nothing to do with amount of accounts you're willing to play and fund though.

10 accounts cost 60 billion isk/year. 10 tengus another 10 billion and training time many billions more. If you're willing to invest that to be able to run incursions alone.... you have earned your right.

And I am sorry sir but you should do a bit more research on this before posting. :D
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-03-04 12:59:15 UTC
Jalmari Huitsikko wrote:
Grey Stormshadow wrote:

And I am sorry sir but you should do a bit more research on this before posting. :D

Shut up or you will only get vegetarian Pizza today!111

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-03-04 13:17:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Tanya Powers
Ursula LeGuinn wrote:

Yes it's really silly.

Silly at the point that whenever you pass the random gate where that dude playing 20+ accounts pops you before you can load correctly system environement.
I'm very sure once this will happen to you several times you will begin to understand why it's bad Blink

Actually as long as the guy is running incursions all alone and he's not ganking people in low sec gates, poping everything passing the null sec gate, wardec small corps for ages and use those 20+ accounts to harass someone, I'm ok.
What harm is he doing to you when he's just killing NPC's and buying the uber shield boosters you farm with your alts in null sec so SU.

Also: incursions have nothing to do in high sec, they're defenitively too easy to complete and rats at gates should be like the firs one we had on SISI and not the joke they are. Even null gate incursion rats are weaker than those we had on SISI at the begining.
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#14 - 2012-03-04 14:00:22 UTC
I cloaked in to a few incursion sites once just to see what they were all about and a watched a bunch of Legions in a congo line eat up the site in a couple minutes and just warp to the next one. Most if not all where probably the same guy (that or their coordination is Blue Angels quality). If this guy has the skills, resources, and hardware to do it I can't really fault him. The speed at which he was cookie cutting these things was awesome from a play standpoint, but they do show that incursions are far too easy for someone(s) who can do this.

In my opinion there is too much isk and too many materials stockpiled in the game, there will need to be a major upset in the market before anything changes that. CCP balancing that against frustrated players is the risk they need to deal with, a sudden drop in subscriptions is something they do not need.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#15 - 2012-03-04 14:07:17 UTC
LOL OP YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT? THIS GUY IS TAKING 10X THE RISK ALSO INCURSIONS ARE VERY RISKY AS THEY HAVE PVE SHIPS IN THEM THAT SHOOT AT YOU AND YOU COULD LOSE YOUR SHIPS THIS GUY COULD LOSE 10 TENGUS COULD YOU IMAGINE IF THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IT WOULD BE DEVATSATING ALSO ALL CAPS TITLES JUST PROVE YOU ARE TROLLING TRY AND TONE IT DOWN AND YOU MIGHT CONVINCE PEOPLE YOU HAVE A GENUINE CONCERN I GIVE YOU A 1/10 FAR TOO OBVIOUS AND NOT AMUSING ENOUGH TO RATE HIGHER SORRY

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#16 - 2012-03-04 14:10:23 UTC
OP seems a bit jelly that he isn't running 10 accounts and making 15B.

Slacker!

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Cyprus Black
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-03-04 14:55:01 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:

Nullsec must blow these days
Yep, that about sums up nullsec. No isk comparisons needed. Nullsec simply blows.

Oh, and the OP is highly exaggerating.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-03-04 14:58:47 UTC
Tarikan wrote:

forwarding your post.
Nick Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#19 - 2012-03-04 16:00:43 UTC
Looks to me it's the Tengu that needs toning down.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Nothing clever at this time.

Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-03-04 16:08:35 UTC
holy moly ive got to get me some of that.

Ill start training another 9 characters straight away

..... is this the correct responce OP
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
123Next pageLast page