These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Dust Dropsuit fitting screen

Author
Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-03-03 17:52:52 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Oh great, they've turned Dust into a silly imbalanced FPS/RPG as I feared, inb4 the game dies in a couple of months because of all the problems these types of games have :(

Dude with all your negativity why don't you just pack your bags and leave. :3

Because he's a troll?

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

JamesCLK
#22 - 2012-03-03 19:37:17 UTC
Ioci wrote:

Some people can still play, I envy, I don't hate but the sad truth is being naive doesn't change the truth. It's a video game and brute force will win every time. 10 is 10, 8 is 8 and nothing can change that.

But then there are people who think their 8s are 10s and get all angsty when it turns out what they thought was a 5 is actually a 9.

Numbers only work when you know how to use them - but we don't account for that in theorycrafting.

-- -.-- / -.-. .-.. --- -. . / .. ... / - --- --- / . -..- .--. . -. ... .. ...- . / - --- / ..- -. -.. --- -.-. -.- / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--. / ... - --- .--.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#23 - 2012-03-03 19:42:41 UTC
Planetside solved the issue of RPG-like levels and unlocking equipment in an FPS a decade ago…

It's not particularly hard, and the EVE skill system does something fairly similar.
Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#24 - 2012-03-03 19:51:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Azorria
Tippia wrote:
Planetside solved the issue of RPG-like levels and unlocking equipment in an FPS a decade ago…

It's not particularly hard, and the EVE skill system does something fairly similar.

Except (IIRC) Planetside then effed it up Blink

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#25 - 2012-03-03 20:11:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Quote:

Well in EVE, skill trumps skill points 9/10 times, which should hopefully translate into Dust - and as BF3 is currently spinning my my 360s disk drive you are wrong about that as well Cool

You and I must be playing very different games because in Battlefield 3 I found myself getting more kills just spraying wildly than when I actually tried to aim which is pretty ridiculous and in EVE Online if you are solo you always always have some **** in a tech 2 ship with too many modules beating you because you decided you wanted to fight with a tech 1 ship instead.

None of the above is called balance or skill, it's called using the imbalanced game mechanics to your advantage and its something that a lot of EVE players unfortunately do very well, it's just a shame CCP don't pick up on what players are abusing the hell out and fix it.

1: If you get more kills by spraying wildly, your ability to aim sucks.

2: T1 ships routinely kill T2 ships in EVE. If you don't know how, then that is a reflection of your personal fitting and piloting skill.

3: Your idea of a well balanced game would appear to be a multi-player version of Asteroids, where there is no option to improve your character and all capabilities are fixed. Again, this may work for a game devoted to mindless game play but not a complex game like EVE or DUST.

Stop trying to turn the game into something other than what it is intended to be. Instead, find something simpler to play.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Digital Messiah
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2012-03-03 20:29:45 UTC
IB4 Dust 514 falcon suit.

But in all seriousness, I think it looks pretty cool. And I will definitely play it.

Dust 514: a way for carebears to hurt major alliances without ever leaving high sec.

Something clever

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-03-04 14:12:31 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

until somebody crashes their C4-laden humvee into your tank and EXPLOSIOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Ibn Taymiyyah
eM' Roid Extraction Services
#28 - 2012-03-04 14:49:45 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Can you imagine how much more fun this game would be if they gave lots more mission content, storylines and grav sites etc.?

Not sure if you're trolling! If so, my hat is off to you good sir, as you got me! Shocked
Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#29 - 2012-03-04 15:23:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Azorria
Grimpak wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

until somebody crashes their C4-laden humvee into your tank and EXPLOSIOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Works better with skid-loaders

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Henry Haphorn
Killer Yankee
#30 - 2012-03-04 18:31:48 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Oh great, they've turned Dust into a silly imbalanced FPS/RPG as I feared, inb4 the game dies in a couple of months because of all the problems these types of games have :(

Dude with all your negativity why don't you just pack your bags and leave. :3

I'm not negative :P I like games like Minecraft, Mass Effect, Fallout New Vegas and Counter Strike, oh and Freelancer too, I also like the exploration in EVE and how big the game is, I just wish they'd focus on putting more content in like they're supposed to when demanding monthly fees off people instead of ******* everything up constantly.

Why should I leave because there are aspects of the game that I find ruin the rest of it? I'm a paying customer like everyone else, you don't have more rights than me just because you troll more or do PvP, sorry, not PvP, that's a wrong way to describe combat in this game, ganking.

Can you imagine how much more fun this game would be if they gave lots more mission content, storylines and grav sites etc.?

Regardless, you and I have not tried out the game itself. The beta hasn't started for players and Fanfest 2012 isn't until late in the month. Therefore, before you start complaining about a game being imbalanced, I suggest you try it out. If you can't do either the beta test or visit Fanfest, then I suggest trying it out when it's fully released. After all, CCP always wants our input to improve the game as they continuously release regular updates. They re-balanced the CPU/PG of Eve ships, who is to say they won't do the same for Dust?

Adapt or Die

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#31 - 2012-03-04 20:13:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
best part of dust 514 is that my team can lose a match and we would still win in the end because the amount of monetary damage we caused for our opponents to acheive thier 'victory'

number 2 its an mmo with expansions, new guns new ammo new vehicles new industries and new tactics will be airising every expansion or so.

Biggest complaints I forsee

Console Gamer >Whhaaaaa why are my enemies allaince sponsored with billions of isk and all the war materials they ever want?1 WWAAAHhhhh
Eve Player> Thats what sepreates armies and mercs.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Previous page12