These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dust Dropsuit fitting screen

Author
Marlakh
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-03-03 14:48:00 UTC
Little snippet of news, courtesy of dust514base, including an analysis.

Brief youtube appearance here, at 2:41 minutes into the video.

Enjoy!
Valei Khurelem
#2 - 2012-03-03 14:50:19 UTC
Oh great, they've turned Dust into a silly imbalanced FPS/RPG as I feared, inb4 the game dies in a couple of months because of all the problems these types of games have :(

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Aquila Draco
#3 - 2012-03-03 14:52:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Aquila Draco
only that EVE have pretty UI like that...
That looks SciFi, and not this what we have.

Little changes can make much difference.
Nyla Skin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-03-03 14:53:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Nyla Skin
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Oh great, they've turned Dust into a silly imbalanced FPS/RPG as I feared, inb4 the game dies in a couple of months because of all the problems these types of games have :(

What did you EXPECT it to be?

I dont see any problems in this. Unbalance comes if things are not balanced. MMORPG is unbalanced by definition (if you have RPG elements where a character 'progresses' and improves).

In after the lock :P   - CCP Falcon www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#5 - 2012-03-03 14:59:03 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:

Dude with all your negativity why don't you just pack your bags and leave. :3
JamesCLK
#6 - 2012-03-03 15:04:23 UTC
Anyone else get the feeling those numbers on the modules are how many you have left?
After all, you're going to lose them when you die ;)

-- -.-- / -.-. .-.. --- -. . / .. ... / - --- --- / . -..- .--. . -. ... .. ...- . / - --- / ..- -. -.. --- -.-. -.- / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--. / ... - --- .--.

Herold Oldtimer
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-03-03 15:09:43 UTC
Marlakh wrote:
Little snippet of news, courtesy of dust514base, including an analysis.

Brief youtube appearance here, at 2:41 minutes into the video.

Enjoy!

Nice. Thanks Cool
Marlakh
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-03-03 15:16:48 UTC
I think its emerging that there's a good design commonality between the Eve and Dust fitting screens for both vehicles and dropsuits. This means something instantly familiar to Eve players, while the console players can get some tips from us on the basics.

Interestingly, there's a empty slot for the helmet. Oooohhh think of the possibiities...
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-03-03 15:27:55 UTC
Marlakh wrote:
I think its emerging that there's a good design commonality between the Eve and Dust fitting screens for both vehicles and dropsuits. This means something instantly familiar to Eve players, while the console players can get some tips from us on the basics.

Interestingly, there's a empty slot for the helmet. Oooohhh think of the possibiities...

I shall fit A HORN!

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Valei Khurelem
#10 - 2012-03-03 15:29:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Valei Khurelem
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:

Dude with all your negativity why don't you just pack your bags and leave. :3

I'm not negative :P I like games like Minecraft, Mass Effect, Fallout New Vegas and Counter Strike, oh and Freelancer too, I also like the exploration in EVE and how big the game is, I just wish they'd focus on putting more content in like they're supposed to when demanding monthly fees off people instead of ******* everything up constantly.

Why should I leave because there are aspects of the game that I find ruin the rest of it? I'm a paying customer like everyone else, you don't have more rights than me just because you troll more or do PvP, sorry, not PvP, that's a wrong way to describe combat in this game, ganking.

Can you imagine how much more fun this game would be if they gave lots more mission content, storylines and grav sites etc.?

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#11 - 2012-03-03 15:36:47 UTC
Hmmm, last time I checked a fitting screen did not mean no balance - only more options

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Grukni
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-03-03 15:39:06 UTC
Interesting

What is the orbiting 'warbarge' thing?
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-03-03 15:40:16 UTC
lol think about the Caldari Suits

FPS Dude: *BLAM! BLAM! With shotgun* lol only own have to pwn 2 more newbs and I rate number 1 on the DUST KM BC list
Other Dude walks into view
FPS Dude: HAHAH NEWB! *BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!*
Other Dude keeps on walking
FPS Dude: *relizing something is wrong* What the hell? *Fires shot gun again, reloads, empties gun second time*
FPS Dude: Why won't this dude die already? *BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!* ****, his shields haven't droped more then 30%....
12 Other Dudes same as the first come into view
FPS Dude: OMG! Drake Platoon! *as 12 guys open fire and alpha pop him with small caliber guns*

Then FPS Dude comes whining to the forums to nerf Drake Platoon Ambush squad while his corp comes up with a Titan Artillery Tank acting as a direct fire unit supported by Statis Trap throwing scouts.

You know its going to happen Shocked
Valei Khurelem
#14 - 2012-03-03 15:54:22 UTC
Grey Azorria wrote:
Hmmm, last time I checked a fitting screen did not mean no balance - only more options

You clearly haven't played Battlefield 3 recently, I admit, I think options are a good thing but that's only if they're available to everyone, however when you force them to unlock the stuff i.e through ISK grinding or experience points that's when things get ridiculous because it means that the players who join in the game first will ALWAYS have an unfair advantage.

That has been the case for every mutliplayer RPG so far, it's also why Team Fortress 2 worked until Valve decided to break it completely by forcing you to unlock items through silly achievements.

Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#15 - 2012-03-03 16:13:57 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Grey Azorria wrote:

You clearly haven't played Battlefield 3 recently, I admit, I think options are a good thing but that's only if they're available to everyone, however when you force them to unlock the stuff i.e through ISK grinding or experience points that's when things get ridiculous because it means that the players who join in the game first will ALWAYS have an unfair advantage.

That has been the case for every mutliplayer RPG so far, it's also why Team Fortress 2 worked until Valve decided to break it completely by forcing you to unlock items through silly achievements.

Well in EVE, skill trumps skill points 9/10 times, which should hopefully translate into Dust - and as BF3 is currently spinning my my 360s disk drive you are wrong about that as well Cool

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#16 - 2012-03-03 16:17:11 UTC
Marlakh wrote:
This means something instantly familiar to Eve players, while the console players can get some tips from us on the basics.

T2 or go home?Cool

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#17 - 2012-03-03 16:44:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
When has an mmo ever been balanced?

Also what part of dust doesnt say expansion of eve on it?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#18 - 2012-03-03 17:01:05 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Grey Azorria wrote:

DUST players will progress in skill through training just like EVE players do, which means you can max out in a particular specialization in a reasonable amount of time. Older players will simply have more options available to them.

DUST skill training will also be augmented through achievement in game play, as a bonus to your skills. In this way newer players can accelerate this training if they play a lot, although this is only a small advantage to encourage frequent play.

Equipment will be available initially either as available via ISK transaction or for a cash transaction if the item is particularly unique/effective. Items available only via cash transaction initially can and will be resold on the open market for ISK.

Equipment simply requires the appropriate skills to use effectively, just as they are in EVE. Rather than being a "limiting factor" is simply requires you to put thought into how you train up your character. This is VASTLY superior to every character being equally proficient in everything from day one.

The later is fine for a simple, superficial game environment... but not for something with the depth and complexity proposed for DUST.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Valei Khurelem
#19 - 2012-03-03 17:05:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Valei Khurelem
Quote:

Well in EVE, skill trumps skill points 9/10 times, which should hopefully translate into Dust - and as BF3 is currently spinning my my 360s disk drive you are wrong about that as well Cool

You and I must be playing very different games because in Battlefield 3 I found myself getting more kills just spraying wildly than when I actually tried to aim which is pretty ridiculous and in EVE Online if you are solo you always always have some **** in a tech 2 ship with too many modules beating you because you decided you wanted to fight with a tech 1 ship instead.

None of the above is called balance or skill, it's called using the imbalanced game mechanics to your advantage and its something that a lot of EVE players unfortunately do very well, it's just a shame CCP don't pick up on what players are abusing the hell out and fix it.

Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#20 - 2012-03-03 17:12:25 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Quote:

You and I must be playing very different games because in Battlefield 3 I found myself getting more kills just spraying wildly than when I actually tried to aim which is pretty ridiculous and in EVE Online if you are solo you always always have some **** in a tech 2 ship with too many modules beating you because you decided you wanted to fight with a tech 1 ship instead.

None of the above is called balance or skill, it's called using the imbalanced game mechanics to your advantage and its something that a lot of EVE players unfortunately do very well, it's just a shame CCP don't pick up on what players are abusing the hell out and fix it.

Some people can still play, I envy, I don't hate but the sad truth is being naive doesn't change the truth. It's a video game and brute force will win every time. 10 is 10, 8 is 8 and nothing can change that.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

12Next page