These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Events and Gatherings Archive

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The EVE Portraits Contest - Round 4 - Apr. 14 - May 12

Author
REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#61 - 2012-03-01 23:05:34 UTC  |  Edited by: REALITY X
Round 3 of The EVE Portraits Contest has begun! There are 37 entries so far. The contest finishes Mar. 29. 1st place prize is a Bhaalgorn battleship.

For all details, please visit http://EVEportraits.com

Thanks, and let`s see some fantastic portraits! Good luck to all!

X

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#62 - 2012-03-03 11:10:12 UTC
weekend bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#63 - 2012-03-05 05:50:37 UTC
what'sup bump?!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#64 - 2012-03-08 11:50:06 UTC
totallyexhausted bump

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#65 - 2012-03-10 08:10:14 UTC
42 entries so far! don'tpanic bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#66 - 2012-03-14 11:33:32 UTC  |  Edited by: REALITY X
55 entries... chillin out on the sofa bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#67 - 2012-03-16 07:55:08 UTC
59 entries... it's raining again bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#68 - 2012-03-22 10:57:01 UTC
61 entries, 1 week left bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#69 - 2012-03-23 09:36:33 UTC
63 entries... home sweet home bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#70 - 2012-03-26 02:12:03 UTC
67 entries....... only 4 days left bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#71 - 2012-03-27 17:05:21 UTC
69 entries.... 2 days left bump!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#72 - 2012-03-28 23:14:10 UTC
70 entries.... 1 day left!

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#73 - 2012-03-29 19:03:27 UTC
74 entries..... 3 hours left!

www.EVEportraits.com

Aggressive Nutmeg
#74 - 2012-03-30 01:04:59 UTC
It sounded like fun, so I had a look at eveportraits.com: http://eveportraits.wordpress.com/gallery-2

It's like staring at the same 3 basic models wearing different clothes and hairstyles. Really boring.

Time for CCP to introduce a few dozen more basic model types?

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#75 - 2012-03-30 07:01:21 UTC
Round 3 finished with 74 entries. Judging has begun. Winners will be announced on Saturday, March 31 @ 6:00 PM EST (23:00 EVE Time), with prizes distributed shortly thereafter via private contract by Dark Star MegaCorp™.

Aggressive Nutmeg wrote:
It sounded like fun, so I had a look at eveportraits.com: http://eveportraits.wordpress.com/gallery-2

It's like staring at the same 3 basic models wearing different clothes and hairstyles. Really boring.

Time for CCP to introduce a few dozen more basic model types?

Actually, looking over the majority of the Gallery, I think the one thing which is particularly lacking is bright colours, like yellow or orange. Neon colours would be nice to see too, it would brighten the portraits up. However, it seems the Devs are taking their time introducing new apparel. Thanks for your thoughts and for checking out the website.

www.EVEportraits.com

REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#76 - 2012-04-01 04:34:54 UTC  |  Edited by: REALITY X
The winner of the 3rd Round of The Eve Portraits Contest is...

Six Alpha

Please check out her winning portrait at EvePortraits.com

Congratulations to her and all winners with a huge thanks to all participants.

There were some amazing entries this round, it was hard choosing but great fun. All prizes are currently being distributed via private contract by Dark Star MegaCorp™. Please go to the website and click on the Winners Gallery to see all of the winning portraits. Thanks again everyone.

Stay tuned for Round 4.

X

www.EVEportraits.com

Six Alpha
section 61
#77 - 2012-04-01 18:11:29 UTC
Now this is a pleasant surprise! Big smile
Thank you for recognizing my portrait creation.

There are many exceptional portraits around - I didn't really expect to win round 3.

I've noticed one or two questioning but reasonable comments on the circumstance, that the winners are chosen by a single person. This might be an issue and could keep people from participating.

However - I think, in the end, this contest is way more about the time we enjoy playing with the character creation tool given to us and sharing our results, than competition.

Keep it up!
Six Alpha
Ai Shun
#78 - 2012-04-02 01:07:37 UTC
Six Alpha wrote:
I've noticed one or two questioning but reasonable comments on the circumstance, that the winners are chosen by a single person. This might be an issue and could keep people from participating.

Congratulations on winning this round. I have to agree with Reality X; there were some amazing portraits in the Gallery and it is good to see that exceptional portraits continue to win it. This really show-cases how well the character designer can be used.

I'm happy with the solo judge - he takes the risk and sets up the contest and has the experience and knowledge to judge it fairly. It would be nice if we could see all the entries though. I can't recall seeing your portrait in the Gallery, for example. (Will go double check now)

In any event, congratulations again and a cheer for Reality X for organising this.
Six Alpha
section 61
#79 - 2012-04-02 02:04:37 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
I'm happy with the solo judge - he takes the risk and sets up the contest and has the experience and knowledge to judge it fairly. It would be nice if we could see all the entries though. I can't recall seeing your portrait in the Gallery, for example. (Will go double check now)

Indeed, it would be nice if we could see the portraits of all participants.

You seem to have a very good visual memory. Smile
Because I actually didn't reply and ask REALITY X to add my picture to the gallery. Missed it somehow.
REALITY X
Dark Matter Commodities
#80 - 2012-04-02 02:56:21 UTC
Six Alpha wrote:
Ai Shun wrote:

Indeed, it would be nice if we could see the portraits of all participants.

You seem to have a very good visual memory. Smile
Because I actually didn't reply and ask REALITY X to add my picture to the gallery. Missed it somehow.

Thanks Ai Shun and Six Alpha, I very much appreciate your kind comments.

While I would like to display all of the entries for each round, or at least give a list, I came to the conclusion when setting all this up that not everyone wants others to know they were in the contest. Which is true, I guess, since people have entered who didn't request their portrait displayed in the main gallery. Let me know if you want to be in there Six... Congratz again, and enjoy your Bhaalgorn. Big smile

www.EVEportraits.com