These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

WiS and the winter expansion and YOU!

First post
Author
Sofia Bellard
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-09-21 22:05:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Sofia Bellard
The bottom line is this game is already 99% all about FiS (Flying in Space). The winter expansion needs to focus a majority of its development time on WiS (Walking in Stations). I joined this game mainly due to Incarna and that is the game play CCP needs to focus on. Sure change the warp speed on logistics if you must, but keep the focus on WiS.

It's what the players want, its what CCP want and its what I want.

Poor sad little pirates,  why you so mad?

Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#2 - 2011-09-21 22:08:43 UTC
While I can say that I agree, I hope you are prepared for the impending rage.
mkint
#3 - 2011-09-21 22:09:15 UTC
If you joined a game for wiggly little legs in a game that doesn't have wiggly little legs, then you joined the wrong game. And no, EVE players don't want wiggly little legs, EVE players want EVE (a game in which wiggly little legs don't enter the picture at all.)

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#4 - 2011-09-21 22:09:34 UTC
Sofia Bellard wrote:

FYP

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Soi Mala
Whacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tubemen
#5 - 2011-09-21 22:14:58 UTC
Sofia Bellard wrote:
The bottom line is this game is already 99% all about FiS (Flying in Space). The winter expansion needs to focus a majority of its development time on WiS (Walking in Stations). I joined this game mainly due to Incarna and that is the game play CCP needs to focus on. Sure change the warp speed on logistics if you must, but keep the focus on WiS.

CCP alt spotted. Go back to WOW. Why you so mad brah?

etc etc...

Penny Portrait
Apparently Miners
#6 - 2011-09-21 22:25:05 UTC
Sofia Bellard wrote:

Actually, no. Its what 'some' players and you want, and unfortunately you got suckered in by the CCP gimmick machine. WIS is very much a secondary game in Eve, if you can call it a game, with its zero content and pointless shuffling.
Ragnar Askold
#7 - 2011-09-21 22:38:28 UTC
Sofia Bellard wrote:

I have to say that I agree that WiS should be further developed, though I don't feel that FiS should be neglected for it. Ideally, I think that Eve should become a balance of the two.

Much the same way that CCP wants to create an interaction between Dust514 and Eve, why not also have a peaceful co-existence between FiS and WiS?

Pesky WT keep docking? Why not have the ability to dock and kick in their front door? If all WiS is ever going to be is 4 racial CQ's and a catwalk, it should be rolled back and we should all be given 6 PLEX and 10m sp.

If, however, it is going to be further developed into an well-integrated part of Eve as a whole, then I am willing to be fully supportive of CCP in this endeavor.
Ragnar Askold
#8 - 2011-09-21 22:38:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Ragnar Askold
stupid double post
Vin Hellsing
#9 - 2011-09-21 22:42:46 UTC
I want fully functional WiS. With Establishments I can own and operate for profit.

In b4 DevAlt accusation directed at me. umad, bro?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#10 - 2011-09-21 22:47:28 UTC
Sofia Bellard wrote:
I joined this game mainly due to Incarna and that is the game play CCP needs to focus on.
So if you start playing Left 4 Dead because you like garden gnomes, it is your opinion that the real problem with this pairing isn't so much that you picked the wrong game, but that Valve focused too much on zombies, rather than gnomes…?
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-09-21 22:52:10 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Sofia Bellard wrote:
I joined this game mainly due to Incarna and that is the game play CCP needs to focus on.
So if you start playing Left 4 Dead because you like garden gnomes, it is your opinion that the real problem with this pairing isn't so much that you picked the wrong game, but that Valve focused too much on zombies, rather than gnomes…?

"Pwned by Tippia"-award is in the mail.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Penny Portrait
Apparently Miners
#12 - 2011-09-21 22:52:52 UTC
Ragnar Askold wrote:

I have to say that I agree that WiS should be further developed, though I don't feel that FiS should be neglected for it. Ideally, I think that Eve should become a balance of the two.

In an ideal world, it would be balanced and a complete part of Eve in a sense of enhancing the sci-fi experience. We are far from living in an ideal world though.

Ragnar Askold wrote:

Much the same way that CCP wants to create an interaction between Dust514 and Eve, why not also have a peaceful co-existence between FiS and WiS?

WIS caused so much grief for FIS both publicly and internally, the two are prolly never going to really be compatable. WIS will always be an industry and press joke.

Ragnar Askold wrote:

Pesky WT keep docking? Why not have the ability to dock and kick in their front door? If all WiS is ever going to be is 4 racial CQ's and a catwalk, it should be rolled back and we should all be given 6 PLEX and 10m sp.

They've said before, no char-char combat, its not Mortal Kombat, its Eve and no pod pilot is going to risk perma death for a bar brawl. WIS is suposed to be 4 racial quarters with docking areas and station promenades with stores that are player run and thats it.

Ragnar Askold wrote:

If, however, it is going to be further developed into an well-integrated part of Eve as a whole, then I am willing to be fully supportive of CCP in this endeavor.

As long as development of WIS does not interfere in any way or take resources from FIS then I would agree. I would ask that they kept WIS away from Tranquility until it had been completed and in a 'sound' playable state with actual content and things to do. Anything else is just more embarrasment for CCP and more fuel for the riots/sub losses.

Look at it this way, 3 months from release of this 'expansion' (which has been in development for years off and on) and all there is is one dingy, boring, dull and empty cq with a ridiculous 'geek/unable to understand value' store. A long wait is ahead and its likely that faction warfare will be finished way before incarna is part-way done.
Cailais
Tao Expeditionary
#13 - 2011-09-21 22:53:56 UTC
Sofia Bellard wrote:
I joined this game mainly due to Incarna ...

Something in the OPs statement makes me think this is a troll, but I just cant quite put my finger on it............

C.

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2011-09-21 22:55:29 UTC
Yea she is obvious but not too obvious.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Vin Hellsing
#15 - 2011-09-21 23:03:36 UTC
Cailais wrote:
Sofia Bellard wrote:
I joined this game mainly due to Incarna ...

Something in the OPs statement makes me think this is a troll, but I just cant quite put my finger on it............

C.

If the OP is not a troll, then maybe she is part of the target audience CCP is trying to get roped into EVE with Incarna. Hello, demographics, anyone?

Business talks, money talks, and **** talks.

(Money-making talks, subscription numbers talks, and media reaction talks.)

In other words, it's a very sound business decision for CCP to consider expanding their playerbase by appealing to the main demographic with Incarna.
CCP Zulu
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2011-09-21 23:04:53 UTC
Watch this space
Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#17 - 2011-09-21 23:08:53 UTC
CCP Zulu wrote:
Watch this space

You tease.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

Vin Hellsing
#18 - 2011-09-21 23:09:54 UTC
CCP Zulu wrote:
Watch this space

Stakeout time!

Anyone got a house across from CCP Zulu's office window, a pair of nightvision goggles with telescoping lens, and a couple of squad cars they can loan?
Razin
The Scope
#19 - 2011-09-21 23:33:43 UTC
CCP Zulu wrote:
Watch this space
Shocked
Sister Bliss
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#20 - 2011-09-21 23:35:48 UTC
CCP Zulu wrote:
Watch this space

Regretably, we have been watching this space for years now...
123Next pageLast page