These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Xenuria for CSM!

First post
Author
Aiifa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#481 - 2012-03-01 19:37:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Aiifa
Devilish Ledoux wrote:
Okay, I'm calling it. It's 06:11 Eve time. Candidacy died due to pussyfarts.

Someone inform its relatives. But be careful, those hisec rp candidates can be very... sensitive. Get them checked for queef as well. It's contagious.
Black Apok
Doomheim
#482 - 2012-03-01 21:55:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Black Apok
knobber Jobbler wrote:

CCP needs to remove you and anyone else who is treating this as a platform to get what they personally want changed in EVE, because it doesn't work that way. CSM6 understood that, and that is why it worked.

Without wanting to get into the whole troll-fest that has been going on in this thread and on the facebook posts CCP posted on their page, I have to disagree with you. Honestly, personally I don't care too much about what Xenuria wants to achieve in his campaign. The LGBT thing, well, I am gay. But it's not really something I care too much about, though I see how players might want things to change in that area. ( It would be funny if I could "marry" my boyfriends char so we ditch corp taxes or something XD )
The walking on station thing got be hyped in the beginning, I really wanted to see some awesome dynamics being added in that area, but by now I don't really care about that anymore either. I'm just too focused on classic pvp, away from the captains quarters, away from the new stuff. Just because it wasn't ready when CCP released it :(
Ship painting would be nice but also is an eye gimmic; so are the corp logos on stuff.

What do all the above things have in common? They all root around the idea of making eve a deeper and more interactive game, letting players merge with their virtual self. That was the whole idea behind Incarna, making the world more "real" by giving players actual faces, actual bodies, so that they could say: "Yes, that is me, this is what I want to do".
I'd have to lie if I said EVE didn't play a huge role in my life. My EVE Life is sort of important to me, so are the friends I made in my alliance and the people I already knew before founding our corp.
And that is where the "Walking on Stations" feature kicks in: it wants to make this experience deeper, letting players experience their "EVE Life" in a whole different way.
You might not be interested in that. 50% of all people playing eve might not be interested in that. 100% might not be, though that would be unlikely.
There ARE people that are not doing hardcore "oldschool" pvp and want eve to become something better, something greater. CCP saw that, Xenuria sees that. It's always hard trying to get something new into a game, trust me. I've worked on a Homeworld 2 Mod as a scripter and storywriter for 3 years. But not trying to attempt it, would be wrong.
So to get to my first point: don't smacktalk this guy. You might not like his ideas but there obviously are people that do. And as I honestly have to say that I don't care about it anymore as much right now, I'd still be interested to see how new implimentations of the "Avatar Mode" in EVE could influence nullsec pvp that we have right now. Nobody should force you to use features you don't like.

I really hope you catch my drift here :P Don't give me the "it's not his job", "that's not eve", "he's a ***", "bla bla bla bullshit" answers, they're all invalid^^ He represents the opinion and likes of some players and that is okay. He is a right to be a canidate and CCP obviously recognizes that.

Go flame me if you want, I think I said everything I needed to say. Thanks for reading and cheers.

I'm terrible at dates, but I could eat a peach for hours

xcvr
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#483 - 2012-03-01 22:13:27 UTC
Black Apok wrote:

I really hope you catch my drift here :P Don't give me the "it's not his job", "that's not eve", "he's a ***", "bla bla bla bullshit" answers, they're all invalid^^ He represents the opinion and likes of some players and that is okay. He is a right to be a canidate and CCP obviously recognizes that..

Mmm, yes, because you say so, the concerns of the electorate are all invalid.
Xen, you now have TWO supporters!
TWO! What havoc will be strewn by this mighty force of Space Barbies!

Black Apok wrote:
Honestly, personally I don't care too much about what Xenuria wants to achieve in his campaign.

And the above is why your concerns simply do not matter.
Black Apok
Doomheim
#484 - 2012-03-01 22:30:04 UTC
xcvr wrote:
Mmm, yes, because you say so, the concerns of the electorate are all invalid.
Xen, you now have TWO supporters!
TWO! What havoc will be strewn by this mighty force of Space Barbies!

[...]

And the above is why your concerns simply do not matter.

You obviously lack the intellectual understanding to see where I was going with that wall of text. I won't blame you for that, some people just are more stupid than others :/ Nothing you could really do about that.
Oh...right. A goon

xcvr
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#485 - 2012-03-01 22:40:55 UTC
I value people that say what they mean, and mean what they say. It's a social skill to be clear about what you have to communicate.

As for whatever meaning you have cloaked in there, you undid any of it by stating you don't care what Xen does. People that bother to log in, and vote on the other hand DO care.

Sorry I didn't pass your little obstacle course, but I don't need to hide behind anything to say what I have to say.
Black Apok
Doomheim
#486 - 2012-03-01 22:57:20 UTC
xcvr wrote:
Sorry I didn't pass your little obstacle course, but I don't need to hide behind anything to say what I have to say.

Sigh..

My major point was that we shouldn't bash on somebody to bring forth strange and new ideas because we think they might not be what the community wants. There ARE people that REALLY REALLY care about what Xenuria has to "offer".
For my part, as I explained, I used to look forward to the Walking on Station content etc. but as CCP screwed up epicly with Incarna and hasn't kept developing on that matter, I have lost interest in it. Though I would be the last person to not have an open ear to whatever new things there might be to come. That clear enough? That's basically what I was saying.

Go vote for whoever you see fit to vote for. Me for my part I don't know who I will actually vote for, I know the other canidates not well enough (I started from the back of the threads lol)
But I am sure that Xenuria will get votes. Because there are people that are interested in seeing things like the stuff he proposes to see happen. (was that a sentence?)

Right...enough talk. Time to shoot ****

xcvr
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#487 - 2012-03-02 03:07:40 UTC
That makes sense. My reason for continuing to peruse this particular thread isn't because the ideas are strange, or niche. Instead, I have an issue with someone who proposes to represent a segment of the player base, yet when thrust upon this stage, and given feedback as to what the people are actually looking for, he either flat out argues that those people are wrong, or supports his ideas with outright BS.

The long and the short of it is that it's obvious that these concepts he chooses to champion have not been tested by critical thinking, to see if they'll stand the test of the masses. I think that the most important skill a CSM appointee should have is just that... critical thinking.

When the only evidence I see of that is arguments that don't hold water, that makes me think that skill doesn't exist here... whether due to lack of life experience, or lack of common sense, or any other reason. I think we can all agree that if you haven't really thought things through, imagined them going through the wringer of the remainder of the CSM team, and also thought about how a company that's trying to please the largest amount of people on the least amount of dime is going to interpret these things, then no matter how socially important or relevant the issues are, if they don't apply significantly to the game we play, vice the way that game may look, then they will be marginalized, if not outright derided.
Unita Fortior
#488 - 2012-03-02 04:13:55 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CLICKING 'LIKE' ▬►

-Platform listed in priority order-

Mission fixes
Retooling of the reward system for all missions and arcs. Bonus reward should scale with how long it takes to complete a mission.

NPC Fixes
NPCs are still using the old outdated pre-nerf ECM and such. This needs to be fixed. If the player gets nerfed then so should the rats.
Aggro is still messed up in some missions and encounters were despite having aggro drones will be targeted.

I fixed it.
Devilish Ledoux
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#489 - 2012-03-02 07:15:44 UTC
I just want to see how many social defects actually vote for this clown.
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#490 - 2012-03-02 07:33:12 UTC
Black Apok wrote:
knobber Jobbler wrote:

CCP needs to remove you and anyone else who is treating this as a platform to get what they personally want changed in EVE, because it doesn't work that way. CSM6 understood that, and that is why it worked.

Without wanting to get into the whole troll-fest that has been going on in this thread and on the facebook posts CCP posted on their page, I have to disagree with you. Honestly, personally I don't care too much about what Xenuria wants to achieve in his campaign. The LGBT thing, well, I am gay. But it's not really something I care too much about, though I see how players might want things to change in that area. ( It would be funny if I could add my boyfriends char so we ditch corp taxes or something XD )
The walking on station thing got be hyped in the beginning, I really wanted to see some awesome dynamics being added in that area, but by now I don't really care about that anymore either. I'm just too focused on classic pvp, away from the captains quarters, away from the new stuff. Just because it wasn't ready when CCP released it :(
Ship painting would be nice but also is an eye gimmic; so are the corp logos on stuff.

What do all the above things have in common? They all root around the idea of making eve a deeper and more interactive game, letting players merge with their virtual self. That was the whole idea behind Incarna, making the world more "real" by giving players actual faces, actual bodies, so that they could say: "Yes, that is me, this is what I want to do".
I'd have to lie if I said EVE didn't play a huge role in my life. My EVE Life is sort of important to me, so are the friends I made in my alliance and the people I already knew before founding our corp.
And that is where the "Walking on Stations" feature kicks in: it wants to make this experience deeper, letting players experience their "EVE Life" in a whole different way.
You might not be interested in that. 50% of all people playing eve might not be interested in that. 100% might not be, though that would be unlikely.
There ARE people that are not doing hardcore "oldschool" pvp and want eve to become something better, something greater. CCP saw that, Xenuria sees that. It's always hard trying to get something new into a game, trust me. I've worked on a Homeworld 2 Mod as a scripter and storywriter for 3 years. But not trying to attempt it, would be wrong.
So to get to my first point: don't smacktalk this guy. You might not like his ideas but there obviously are people that do. And as I honestly have to say that I don't care about it anymore as much right now, I'd still be interested to see how new implimentations of the "Avatar Mode" in EVE could influence nullsec pvp that we have right now. Nobody should force you to use features you don't like.

I really hope you catch my drift here :P Don't give me the "it's not his job", "that's not eve", "he's a ***", "bla bla bla bullshit" answers, they're all invalid^^ He represents the opinion and likes of some players and that is okay. He is a right to be a canidate and CCP obviously recognizes that.

Go flame me if you want, I think I said everything I needed to say. Thanks for reading and cheers.

D00d, you miss the point.

The csm has a clear mandate and that isn't member's giving their own ideas to ccp to get implemented.

It's taking what players have voted for and asking ccp to consider it or alternatives.

It's not that xenurias ideas are a problem, the fact they're his ideas is. They're not the most voted for by players ideas and are not the bleeding obvious problems with eve that need fixing.

If there was a huge outcry for cross dressing or wis content or even these quite bizarre fixes to missions, there would be a vote thread for it in the other csm subforum.
Xenuria
#491 - 2012-03-02 11:29:44 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:
Black Apok wrote:
knobber Jobbler wrote:

Without wanting to get into the whole troll-fest that has been going on in this thread and on the facebook posts CCP posted on their page, I have to disagree with you. Honestly, personally I don't care too much about what Xenuria wants to achieve in his campaign. The LGBT thing, well, I am gay. But it's not really something I care too much about, though I see how players might want things to change in that area. ( It would be funny if I could add my boyfriends char so we ditch corp taxes or something XD )

The csm has a clear mandate and that isn't member's giving their own ideas to ccp to get implemented.

It's taking what players have voted for and asking ccp to consider it or alternatives.

It's not that xenurias ideas are a problem, the fact they're his ideas is. They're not the most voted for by players ideas and are not the bleeding obvious problems with eve that need fixing.

If there was a huge outcry for cross dressing or wis content or even these quite bizarre fixes to missions, there would be a vote thread for it in the other csm subforum.

maybe you should ask people what they want. Thats what I did.
Black Apok
Doomheim
#492 - 2012-03-02 12:17:37 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:

Noep, I think you clearly missed mine XD
If I may quote myself:

Quote:

My major point was that we shouldn't bash on somebody to bring forth strange and new ideas because we think they might not be what the community wants. There ARE people that REALLY REALLY care about what Xenuria has to "offer".
For my part, as I explained, I used to look forward to the Walking on Station content etc. but as CCP screwed up epicly with Incarna and hasn't kept developing on that matter, I have lost interest in it. Though I would be the last person to not have an open ear to whatever new things there might be to come. That clear enough? That's basically what I was saying.

Go vote for whoever you see fit to vote for. Me for my part I don't know who I will actually vote for, I know the other canidates not well enough (I started from the back of the threads lol)
But I am sure that Xenuria will get votes. Because there are people that are interested in seeing things like the stuff he proposes to see happen. (was that a sentence?)

Makes sense now?

To adress xcvr:
Quote:
That makes sense. My reason for continuing to peruse this particular thread isn't because the ideas are strange, or niche. Instead, I have an issue with someone who proposes to represent a segment of the player base, yet when thrust upon this stage, and given feedback as to what the people are actually looking for, he either flat out argues that those people are wrong, or supports his ideas with outright BS.

The long and the short of it is that it's obvious that these concepts he chooses to champion have not been tested by critical thinking, to see if they'll stand the test of the masses. I think that the most important skill a CSM appointee should have is just that... critical thinking.

When the only evidence I see of that is arguments that don't hold water, that makes me think that skill doesn't exist here... whether due to lack of life experience, or lack of common sense, or any other reason. I think we can all agree that if you haven't really thought things through, imagined them going through the wringer of the remainder of the CSM team, and also thought about how a company that's trying to please the largest amount of people on the least amount of dime is going to interpret these things, then no matter how socially important or relevant the issues are, if they don't apply significantly to the game we play, vice the way that game may look, then they will be marginalized, if not outright derided.

I understand what you mean. It is clear that only a few enjoyed the changes CCP made in the whole "Incarna" department. They didn't start focusing on war again because they gained 20% subscriptions....Still. With all the uncertenty that is around, Dust *random number* will eventually hit the stores...and what happens then? CCP wants to have that take part in the same universe and it'll probabaly have something to do with the war changes that are to come in the next expansion. What will idling time look for those players? Will they also spin there character in a a hangar bay? xD I think that by saying it might not work out and we shouldn't focus on the development of content like Walking on Stations we give up on the idea of EVE becoming a bigger game that it is right now. We should at least try to let CCP know that players are interested in changes happening. If nobody does, they might not realise and abandon the whole idea although it has potential. That is, why I would vote for Xenuria.
But again...haven't decided yet, only read two of the other campaign threads so far :P

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#493 - 2012-03-02 12:31:52 UTC
This is the most laughable and puerile campaign pretext I have ever seen. At least everyone recognises that it's a complete joke.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Xenuria
#494 - 2012-03-02 12:32:42 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
This is the most laughable and puerile campaign pretext I have ever seen. At least everyone recognises that it's a complete joke.

Like you're membership in Genos. amirite?
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#495 - 2012-03-02 12:48:40 UTC
It is laughable and puerile but this guys might, through an accident or people randomly voting on the CSM because they're forced to at the login screen of EVE, get on the CSM.

Black Apok wrote:

Noep, I think you clearly missed mine XD
If I may quote myself:

Makes sense now?

No, because what Xenuria offers doesn't matter. That is the point!

If, in an worst case scenario, Xenuria got into the CSM, he cannot just go to the CCP and go "I want cross dressing in stations". He cannot because there isn't player support by way of a thread with support votes in the forum where player concerns are voted for!

To quote the great one "It doesn't matter what you think!". What matters is the framework the CSM works within and taking your own ideas, no matter who stupid or how awesome doesn't matter, unless there is defined player support.

However...Xenuria isn't even trying to bring cool WIS content to the table, but being able to cross dress and some quite daft mission changes, mission changes that shouldn't be considered because the popular support for missions is more content and sleeper AI.
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#496 - 2012-03-02 13:47:02 UTC
Xenuria wrote:

maybe you should ask people what they want. Thats what I did.

I don't see a vote in the right forum for it. Therefore it doesn't matter.
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#497 - 2012-03-02 14:37:30 UTC
Xenuria wrote:

Still upset about that I see.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Tirestun
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#498 - 2012-03-02 15:49:59 UTC
Lady Spank wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

Still upset about that I see.

Pray, Spank, What's it like being membership for Goons?

Voting for the Mittani; Xenuria, by his own admission on his facebook page, is just looking for free vacations. Get a job, guy.
Franklin D Roosevelt
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#499 - 2012-03-02 20:33:27 UTC
Sorry that I can't vote for a guy that plays female eve guys. Also I think you are lacking in real world socialization that is needed to interact with human beings outside of the confines of the video game world. Also your hat...
Black Apok
Doomheim
#500 - 2012-03-02 20:48:53 UTC
Franklin D Roosevelt wrote:
Also your hat...

Dude, I also have a hat like that. Don't say a word or else...I'll be really mad xD