These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

DRONES DRONES DRONES

Author
myFORUMalt alts
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-03-02 00:45:43 UTC
Im gunna beat the old drone drum again
I just want some drone love.

I propose that drone boats (vexor, ishtar, domi, myrm, ishkur) be stripped of turret slots, have their power grid and cpu modified and just be given drone bonuses that properly reflect drones are their primary weapon

Also, Drone damage mods, Drone Damage implants, Drone Damage rigs (i know we already have sentry) to top. Dominix should be able to put out upwards of 8-9 hundred dps when totally gank fit like most other battleships.

Just give me some drone love

Yes, I complain about things I don't like.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-03-02 00:47:28 UTC
What exactly is wrong with the drone boats right now? They seem to be perfectly fine right now.
CaleAdaire
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#3 - 2012-03-02 00:47:43 UTC  |  Edited by: CaleAdaire
I refer you to my signature.

Trust in God, Have Faith in Fusion.

myFORUMalt alts
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-03-02 00:52:38 UTC
mxzf wrote:
What exactly is wrong with the drone boats right now? They seem to be perfectly fine right now.



Drones just seem so secondary.
and to the guy below you who says, "stop asking for new stuff blah blah blah big bag of penis in my mouth." New stuff drives the game and keeps people interested. the moment eve stops changing is the moment eve will start to die

Yes, I complain about things I don't like.

CaleAdaire
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#5 - 2012-03-02 00:59:09 UTC
To quote the devs, "New stuff for the sake of new stuff is rarely ever a good thing."

Trust in God, Have Faith in Fusion.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#6 - 2012-03-02 00:59:20 UTC
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
Drones just seem so secondary.


o.O So your reason is that you don't perceive drones as being as important to the ships as you feel they 'should' be, so you want to nerf them so they can't fit anything but drones? That pretty stupid. The drone boats already work pretty well, there's really no reason to screw around with them, they're just fine.

I do agree that drone damage mods and such might be good to have (though they'd have to be very carefully balanced, lest they be OP), but there's no reason at all to change the current drone boats.
myFORUMalt alts
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-03-02 01:02:41 UTC
If we were given drone damage mods and still allowed the domi and other drone ships to field turret guns. They would then be over powered dps wise.

To the others that hate new things in eve for the sake of new things. Fortunately, drones arnt new. they can be re-examined like many things in crucible and the upcoming patches and releases.

Yes, I complain about things I don't like.

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#8 - 2012-03-02 01:05:39 UTC
There's a severe lack of good drone rigs and the inability of myrmidons to use a full flight of heavies sucks.

Other than that drone boats are fine.
Kolya Medz
Kolya Inc.
#9 - 2012-03-02 01:53:18 UTC
myFORUMalt alts wrote:


Also, Drone damage mods, Drone Damage implants, Drone Damage rigs (i know we already have sentry) to top. Dominix should be able to put out upwards of 8-9 hundred dps when totally gank fit like most other battleships.

Just give me some drone love


I don't know how you fit your gank domi, but mine does a lot more dps than that.
Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#10 - 2012-03-02 01:55:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Xorv
Yeah drone rigs, damage mods, and implants. Don't see any need for anything beyond that.

..well fixing EWAR drones.. but other than that they're good.
Rawls Canardly
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-03-02 02:12:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Rawls Canardly
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
Im gunna beat the old drone drum again
I just want some drone love.

I propose that drone boats (vexor, ishtar, domi, myrm, ishkur) be stripped of turret slots, have their power grid and cpu modified and just be given drone bonuses that properly reflect drones are their primary weapon

Also, Drone damage mods, Drone Damage implants, Drone Damage rigs (i know we already have sentry) to top. Dominix should be able to put out upwards of 8-9 hundred dps when totally gank fit like most other battleships.

Just give me some drone love

Domis do WAY more than that gank fit.
[Dominix, PURE GANK]

Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Photon Scattering Field II

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Reactor Control Unit II
Damage Control II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Large Core Defence Field Extender I
Large Core Defence Field Extender I


Ogre II x5

98.6k/114k ehp
1442/1587(!!!) DPS (1297 dps with null o/h)

Fits at all 5 with no implants, likely would fit sooner than that.
[Dominix, PURE GANK]

Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Null L
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Null L
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Null L
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Null L
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Null L
Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Null L

Prototype 100MN MicroWarpdrive I
Large Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Photon Scattering Field II

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Reactor Control Unit II
Damage Control II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Large Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Large Core Defence Field Extender I
Large Core Defence Field Extender I


Ogre II x5
revised fit, because blasters with no prop is fail. EHP drops to 82k/90k.
Obviously needs a fleet tackler. Also 3% PG implant.
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#12 - 2012-03-02 03:01:55 UTC
Try telling my drones or the people who've seen me use them that they're 'so secondary'.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

myFORUMalt alts
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-03-02 03:09:07 UTC
Serge Bastana wrote:
Try telling my drones or the people who've seen me use them that they're 'so secondary'.




Yes, your 500 dps from drones is primary.

Yes, I complain about things I don't like.

Daeva Teresa
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-03-02 09:24:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Daeva Teresa
" ... be stripped of turret slots ..." - thats the most stupid / bad / lame idea EVER! Many solo PVE players are using drone boats for semi AFK LVL4 missions. I do it myself when my friends cant play. With this you wouldnt have anything to agro new waves. If you want droneboat without turets, get the ******* carrier.

Other than that I too would love to see more love for drones. Rigs, implants, modules, meta lvl drones, salvage, tractor, ...

CCP really please dont use Upgraded, Limited, Experimental and Prototype in item names. It sounds like the item is actually worse than basic meta 1 item. Use Calibrated, Enhanced, Optimized and Upgraded. Its really easy to understand that the item is better than meta 1 and its also in alphabetic order.

Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#15 - 2012-03-02 09:43:30 UTC
I think that some of the major issues of Drone Upgrade modules is that they are not really that appealing to fit instead of something else as they take up valuable mid slots. They're also very dificult to fit.

EWAR drones are a bit out of wack and other than ECM drones very situational.

Drones damage balance seems a bit off too. Amarr drones need a bit of a buff.
Carmizan
Lords of Maelstrom
#16 - 2012-03-02 09:46:21 UTC
TBH the best thing they could do to make the Drone Boats use drones as primary is give the said drone boats back their bonuses they had before.

And for those who have forgotten or were not playing eve at the time the bonus was 1 extra drone can be launched per level of ship trained.
myFORUMalt alts
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-03-02 13:00:58 UTC
Daeva Teresa wrote:
" ... be stripped of turret slots ..." - thats the most stupid / bad / lame idea EVER! Many solo PVE players are using drone boats for semi AFK LVL4 missions. I do it myself when my friends cant play. With this you wouldnt have anything to agro new waves. If you want droneboat without turets, get the ******* carrier.

Other than that I too would love to see more love for drones. Rigs, implants, modules, meta lvl drones, salvage, tractor, ...



There are other game mechanics that cause aggro other than firing a weapon at it. IE.....TARGET PAINTING. I have a carrier, its great, Carrier cant go everywhere, like past any gates.

Yes, I complain about things I don't like.

Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#18 - 2012-03-02 13:06:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Buzzy Warstl
It is interesting that there is no ship below Capital level that is a true dedicated drone carrier.

A true drone carrier doesn't have bonuses for turret or missile weapon systems, because that is wasted designer time and ship resources.

The Vexor and Dominix both have hybrid bonuses. The Myrmidon doesn't have a weapon bonus, but it has a less capable drone subsystem than the Vexor.

This makes no sense.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Zanzbar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-03-02 15:14:24 UTC
Carmizan wrote:
TBH the best thing they could do to make the Drone Boats use drones as primary is give the said drone boats back their bonuses they had before.

And for those who have forgotten or were not playing eve at the time the bonus was 1 extra drone can be launched per level of ship trained.


This would actualy make them more powerful then before they were nerfed.

Remember that the drone interfaceing skill went from an extra drone per lvl to 20% dmg per lvl.

Old math --- drones 5 + ships 5 + drone interfacing 5 = 15 drones worth of dps

Current math --- drone 5 x 2 for drone interfacing 5 = 10 drones worth of dps

Proposed math--- (drone 5 + ship 5) x 2 for drone interfacing 5 = 20 drones of dps
L0rdF1end
Gang Bang You're Dead
Wrecktical Supremacy.
#20 - 2012-03-02 16:15:27 UTC
Before any changes are suggested, I would suggest waiting on the upcoming release which has been romoured to include new EWAR drones. This already could benefit Gallente and make their drone ships more powerful.
12Next page