These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Petition to restore old names and stop the renaming process - SIGN HERE.

First post
Author
Dawnmist
#21 - 2012-02-29 18:27:28 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
...renaming the items do not only affect those who play the game, but also those who have done or use external 3rd party programs or spreadsheets...

^^ this

Grey Stormshadow wrote:
...about new player, names are not the problem. Lack of simple methods to display the items meta level (unless in hangar) is way worse stepping stone to newbs...

^^ this

Grey Stormshadow wrote:

Compare tool really needs to have easier way to access. It wouldn't harm to enable the meta level column in hangar by default...

^^and this

Grey Stormshadow wrote:

...sign up...

//signed
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2012-02-29 18:44:59 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
People who really think that naming change helps noobs more than it hurts vets is a tool. No offence.
And you're an idiot. No offence.

Yep I am aware of that and proud to be one.

I would also unsub but did that already during the neocom nerf.

I remember being idiot when I left from WoW long time ago too. This is kind of a dejavu moment.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2012-02-29 18:50:29 UTC
Real Poison wrote:
[quote=Grey Stormshadow]
Go back and work on your weird Greasemonkey scripts so eve|gate will again look like the ActiveServerPages version from 10 years ago.

No one forces you to use them unlike the new names which force me to spend weeks fixing my external software if I decide to continue supporting CCP and their lack of interest to forward their attention to somewhere which doesn't actually make me rage quit.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#24 - 2012-02-29 18:52:42 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
No one forces you to use them unlike the new names which force me to spend weeks fixing my external software if I decide to continue supporting CCP and their lack of interest to forward their attention to somewhere which doesn't actually make me rage quit.
Look at the bright side: now you can take the opportunity to fix it properly by using the fixed identifiers rather than some arbitrary and changeable name.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#25 - 2012-02-29 18:54:48 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
Real Poison wrote:
[quote=Grey Stormshadow]
Go back and work on your weird Greasemonkey scripts so eve|gate will again look like the ActiveServerPages version from 10 years ago.

Oh I see.

Your third party software is not running right. You have been inconvenienced and are upset.

It all make sense now.

Mr Epeen Cool
Razin
The Scope
#26 - 2012-02-29 19:00:00 UTC
You comment on the change that caters to the slow and the slow will rejoice and try to make fun of you for noticing the fact. Such is life.
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-02-29 19:01:09 UTC
Sprite Can wrote:
This is why the forums need a dislike button.

It needs an idiot button...
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2012-02-29 19:07:39 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
Real Poison wrote:
[quote=Grey Stormshadow]

Oh I see.

Your third party software is not running right. You have been inconvenienced and are upset.

It all make sense now.

Mr Epeen)]

It is not about that they are not running. They just become really annoying to use. I rage mainly because CCP is changing names without even thinking about the pros and cons and specially without even thinking other more efficient solutions to help noobs. I also feel that scourge missile is part of the game and someone who takes that away should be shot (in game).

What comes to my "external software" I have done reprocessing chart for every single meta item in the game. I also have kept Java Material Level Calculator rather well updated after the development by original author stopped. Then I have few multi purpose excel sheets for plenty of stuff, which need to be updated also.

Now this is just me... Don't forget all the kill boards, information web sites, wikis, fitting tools, fitting sites...

Everything needs to be updated. And for what?

This is just bs.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#29 - 2012-02-29 19:17:26 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=62254&find=unread

I already argued this once. Added a post on page 7 thats more along the lines of a comprimise with what ccp wants to do and what you falvor lore folks want to keep.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-02-29 19:44:41 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=62254&find=unread

I already argued this once. Added a post on page 7 thats more along the lines of a comprimise with what ccp wants to do and what you falvor lore folks want to keep.

You're not the only one

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#31 - 2012-02-29 19:51:53 UTC
Signed.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-02-29 20:00:26 UTC
Perhaps CCP will get around to taking the flavor out of players' names and just rename everyone (their chosen race) Citizen (numerical birthday and time stamp).

Thus I will be Caldari Citizen 070220061417.
space gator
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#33 - 2012-02-29 20:04:29 UTC
Signed.
Szilardis
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#34 - 2012-02-29 20:28:04 UTC
Signed.

Does CCP have another statue we can play with?
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-02-29 20:39:27 UTC
Looks like your petition is blowing up in your face Grey Stormshadow. lol

Going to block you. Your spreadsheet rage is out of control. Bye.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2012-02-29 20:40:57 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
People who really think that naming change helps noobs more than it hurts vets is a tool. No offence.

It also dumps down the game a great deal.

Stop trolling.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#37 - 2012-02-29 20:42:08 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
Look at the bright side: now you can take the opportunity to fix it properly by using the fixed identifiers rather than some arbitrary and changeable name.

^This much?

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#38 - 2012-02-29 20:43:36 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:

It also dumps down the game a great deal.

Dude they used to remove whole groups of stargates.

Get over yourself. They changed a few names.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Alara IonStorm
#39 - 2012-02-29 20:46:14 UTC
Alistair Cononach wrote:
I support CCP on this change.

/Signed
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2012-02-29 20:51:07 UTC
While most of us were comfortable with the old naming conventions, they were just excessively ambiguous. "Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I MicroWarpdrive" was just a dumb name and, really, your text files full of EFT textblocks are not a reason to reverse a change.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar