These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Capsuleer Cowardice

Author
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#21 - 2012-02-28 19:26:22 UTC
You could try a setup like this one:
Quote:

[Viator, All-Purpose Hauler]

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Small Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II

Damage Control II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

Medium Cargohold Optimization I
Medium Cargohold Optimization I

You can replace the expanded cargohold modules for inertia stabilizers to greatly decrease the time it takes for your ship to align and warp (to as low as 3.79 seconds with two of them). You could also replace them with warp core stabilizers, but they would only really come in useful if anyone has time to even target your Viator before you cloak -- which should frankly never happen. The mid slots are largely utilitary for blockade runners, so I would just recommend fitting a nominal shield tank there.

Now as for not being caught, use insta-warp spots as recommended earlier, and as for on gates, use the cloak-microwarpdrive trick. If you don't know what it is, I wrote an article detailing it.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#22 - 2012-02-29 00:44:10 UTC
Edaine Numenor wrote:
Lyn Farel wrote:
I have never used any warp core stabilizer mods on any of my blockade runners. It is totally pointless in low security space if you know what you are doing. It is impossible to destroy you near a station unless something really unexpected happens (but this can happen everywhere with any ship, independantly of everything you could do in regards to safety). It is also very hard to catch you at a gate due to your cloaking device, unless the gate itself is obstructed by a lot of garbage (which is too rare to be duely taken into consideration). In nullsec space for the first one and lowsec space for the second one, warp core stabilizers are anyway irrelevant against warp interdiction bubbles and heavy interdictors.

Ms. Farel, do recommend inertial stabilizers? Should I have any jammers or any ECM of any kind?

Do as you wish, you can still favor warp core stabilizers if you really want to, or inertia stabilizers if you do not need more space with cargo expanders... The most important remains the way you command your ship eventually.
Angriest Angel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-02-29 01:11:44 UTC
yeah i was writing thinking you wrote that wrong. I mean, how the hell can you get caught in a transport ship ffs......
Edaine Numenor
Numenor Benevolent Holdings
#24 - 2012-02-29 01:47:50 UTC
Angriest Angel wrote:
yeah i was writing thinking you wrote that wrong. I mean, how the hell can you get caught in a transport ship ffs......

Anything can happen when you are a crappy pilot like me. I'm not a warrior.

Liberating slaves wherever, whenever, and however I can.

Angriest Angel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-02-29 13:34:44 UTC
You do not understand...

To blow up a 100+ million isk ship is fun. Whether the cargo are slaves, refugees or whatever, is of no importance.

If I would catch a transport ship, I do not care if he offers me half a billion isk ransom, my pirate alt will kill it.

The invention of transport ships took a lot of the fun from pirates in eve. In fact, I wonder if you can still call today's pirating in eve pirating. The days were you caught your industrials jumping into low sec are over. I killed and ransomed with my alt, one after the other, I made millions. I ransomed, honored ransom, stole, popped, so many industrials, those were the days.

Then transport ships were invented and since then, it made surviving as a pirate much harder.

Imagine how those guys that popped you feel ? Dude, they see a transport ship, they go for it. Everytime you fly such a ship, you might as well name it 1 billion isk reward for popping me, it makes no difference, people hate your transport ships so they do anything to pop it.

Next time you undock and see trouble, do absolutely nothing, do not even stop ship, you are too slow anyway for it to make a difference whether you stop or not, just dock up again. Do not try warp away, nothing, just click dock button, log out, go back a few hours later.

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#26 - 2012-02-29 16:03:40 UTC
Angriest Angel wrote:
You do not understand...

To blow up a 100+ million isk ship is fun. Whether the cargo are slaves, refugees or whatever, is of no importance.

If I would catch a transport ship, I do not care if he offers me half a billion isk ransom, my pirate alt will kill it.

The invention of transport ships took a lot of the fun from pirates in eve. In fact, I wonder if you can still call today's pirating in eve pirating. The days were you caught your industrials jumping into low sec are over. I killed and ransomed with my alt, one after the other, I made millions. I ransomed, honored ransom, stole, popped, so many industrials, those were the days.

Then transport ships were invented and since then, it made surviving as a pirate much harder.

Imagine how those guys that popped you feel ? Dude, they see a transport ship, they go for it. Everytime you fly such a ship, you might as well name it 1 billion isk reward for popping me, it makes no difference, people hate your transport ships so they do anything to pop it.

Next time you undock and see trouble, do absolutely nothing, do not even stop ship, you are too slow anyway for it to make a difference whether you stop or not, just dock up again. Do not try warp away, nothing, just click dock button, log out, go back a few hours later.

I have no idea what you're talking about. What in the world is an alt?

(OOC: Remember, its an in character forum. lolrpers and all that)
Marcus Henik
Rules of Acquisition
#27 - 2012-03-09 14:56:24 UTC
Use shield hardeners and extenders to maximize your buffer tank, this will buy you time to act, nothing more.
Previous page12