These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

More than one character train per one account.

Author
0k00l
Steel Rat Knights
#1 - 2012-02-28 17:31:57 UTC
Hi, 
I need to train more than 1 character on my 3 (4, 5, 6 etc.) accounts!
There are couple options to realize this.
1. By using credit card
2. By using PLEX
3. By using ISKs.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2012-02-28 17:40:30 UTC
1. Use forum search.
2. Realise this has been posted before.
3. Realise every time it's been posted, it's been shot down
4. Realise it's a bad idea
5. Feel ashamed, and biomass yourself.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Plyn
Uncharted.
#3 - 2012-02-28 17:46:42 UTC

1. Fire up a new account. The current deal being offered by CCP (power of two) makes this a great prospect.
  2. Post in character bazaar that you are selling the toon in a private deal.
  3. Transfer the character to your new second account.
  4. This character will now have 6 months of training time for the cost of 4 months normal game time.
  5. ......
  6. Post in character bazaar that you are selling the toon in a private deal.
  7. Transfer the character to your original account.
  8. Two characters trained at once, brought to you by Plyn!
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-02-28 18:26:32 UTC
If you had to pay for it at all then it would be no different than paying for a second or third account...in your case an eighth or ninth account I guess. Either way...really won't happen.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#5 - 2012-02-28 18:30:51 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
If you had to pay for it at all then it would be no different than paying for a second or third account...in your case an eighth or ninth account I guess. Either way...really won't happen.

Except that you're bypassing the fact that you either have to keep paying for a second/third account to keep using the char or you're bypassing the fees for transferring characters over to one active account after the training is done. So, yes, there is a difference there, which would cost CCP money. I'll agree with you on one part though, it won't happen.
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-02-28 18:33:05 UTC
mxzf wrote:

Except that you're bypassing the fact that you either have to keep paying for a second/third account to keep using the char or you're bypassing the fees for transferring characters over to one active account after the training is done. So, yes, there is a difference there, which would cost CCP money. I'll agree with you on one part though, it won't happen.

True but that is what character transfers are for. I am currently training a character on another account for a very specific set of tasks and as soon as he is done he will be transferred and I will stop paying for the old account.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Tidurious
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-02-28 18:42:23 UTC
Won't happen, deal with it.

Also, learn to search. No, actually, biomass yourself.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#8 - 2012-02-28 21:06:33 UTC
It's really nice to see a new idea for a change, instead of all the ones that are just posted over and over and over again.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Shade Talltree
Alice's Looking Glass
#9 - 2012-02-28 21:09:13 UTC
This topic gets a fair amount of attention and I have something related to it that isn't quite the same thing...

I would like to have an option on the log in screen to indicate that all other toons' training queues are paused and that the toon I am using has it's training queue activated.

Then I don't have to log in to a toon, pause their queue, log out, and log in with the toon I want to play and then start the queue.

Doesn't seem like this is that big of a deal from a feature perspective...
Velicitia
XS Tech
#10 - 2012-02-28 21:14:32 UTC
Shade Talltree wrote:
This topic gets a fair amount of attention and I have something related to it that isn't quite the same thing...

I would like to have an option on the log in screen to indicate that all other toons' training queues are paused and that the toon I am using has it's training queue activated.

Then I don't have to log in to a toon, pause their queue, log out, and log in with the toon I want to play and then start the queue.

or if not this ... then "Alt 1 is currently training. There are 12 hours free in the queue. Place skill at end of queue or start training now?"

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#11 - 2012-02-28 21:22:56 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Shade Talltree wrote:

or if not this ... then "Alt 1 is currently training. There are 12 hours free in the queue. Place skill at end of queue or start training now?"

Why not just make the queue itself account specific?

I can understand why you might need to log into the specific character to start a skill training.
But... If you logged into an alt, you should be able to see that same queue, and make a choice whether to start a skill on it inside that same queue.
It would just prefix the Skillname with the alternate character name for sake of keeping the details useful.

Presumably you could make an informed decision from a second character as to whether the skills training from the first were the best use of your time, and eliminate them in the event you realized something at that point about what your priorities were.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#12 - 2012-02-28 22:52:18 UTC
mxzf wrote:

True but that is what character transfers are for. I am currently training a character on another account for a very specific set of tasks and as soon as he is done he will be transferred and I will stop paying for the old account.

Exactly, and you will pay the fee, two PLEX or $20 or something like that IIRC, to move the char. That's money in CCP's pocket that being able to train multiple chars on one account (even if it's a PLEX each) would remove.
Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-02-28 22:55:43 UTC
No.