These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

IDEA: Shortcut key for Jettison Cargo

Author
Fyor
Aggregate.
#1 - 2012-02-28 17:43:06 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Guard
Original petition shown at bottom of this post...

Please add a "Jettison Cargo" shortcut key, or add an optional button to the bottom of the cargo window(similar to the 'loot all' button shown on wrecks and cans.

It could be an option for mining barges and exhumers, or for everyone, but as a miner who multiboxes 4 ships plus an orca, it gets tedious having to right click, jettison, every few minutes.

If you agree, please bump this thread...

Thanks,

Fyor

Please do not copy paste GM communication. Thanks!
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-02-28 18:03:21 UTC  |  Edited by: mxzf
Why? It's really not that hard to perform the two clicks to jettison cargo as-is, especially since you have three minutes between cycles to complete it and the cans last for two hours.

Also, posting text from petitions/GM responses on the forums is a big no-no, prepare to be edited.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2012-02-28 18:28:57 UTC
Can't you just dump stuff into an existing can? Jet one can in the middle of your miners, fill it and leave a bookmark in it to keep it there when you haul?
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-02-28 18:35:05 UTC
My only question would be...do you really jettison cargo so often that the few clicks it takes right now are really a problem? Not saying making a process easier is a bad thing, it's not, but there has to be a valid reason for making a change which you likely have but how important is the reason?

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Fyor
Aggregate.
#5 - 2012-02-28 19:58:06 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
My only question would be...do you really jettison cargo so often that the few clicks it takes right now are really a problem? Not saying making a process easier is a bad thing, it's not, but there has to be a valid reason for making a change which you likely have but how important is the reason?

Yes, I really do jettison often enough for it to matter.

I run 4 Mackinaws with an Orca, and with all bonuses my cycle time is around 4 and a half minutes. I have an alarm that sounds to remind me to dump the ice. It would be much more convenient to have this functionality, since mining ice is very, very boring work, and I do other things while mining the ice.

This is a very repetitive task, which is one of the main reasons for having any shortcut key.

Just like ratting and looting wrecks, was it so hard to right click, drag loot into your cargo? No. But it's a lot easier now.

This would help everyone in the game, at least the miners who jetcan or use an Orca.

(For what it's worth, I have 8 active accounts, and have been playing for over 6 years.)
Fyor
Aggregate.
#6 - 2012-02-28 20:12:42 UTC
mxzf wrote:
Why? It's really not that hard to perform the two clicks to jettison cargo as-is,

I'm hitting 'right click, jettison' from 96 to 144 times per day, filling my Orca 2 to 3 times per day. My orca holds 189,000 m3 as rigged and fitted.

This would really be a minor edit to the code, just like the 'loot all' edit was...

How would a 'jettison shortcut' not improve game play?
Fyor
Aggregate.
#7 - 2012-02-28 20:20:35 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Can't you just dump stuff into an existing can?

You're right about that dumping stuff into an existing can.

However, I've found that it gets cumbersome (if not annoying) to constantly rename cans every 2 cycles, much less remember who dumped the can... One cycle gives me 16 blocks of ice, so i fill a can every 9 minutes or so. I usually have the miners approach each other so they are within reach, but have found it easiest to just jettison the cans and use the 'loot all' function with my Orca.

It would be awesome if we could just get a button to transfer the ice directly into the corp hangar of a fleeted Orca, honestly, but i think that fix would be serving a much smaller user base.

Tidurious
Blatant Alt Corp
#8 - 2012-02-28 21:45:36 UTC
So, you want the game changed so it's easier for you to macro mine? I'm not sure where I'm supposed to feel sorry for you...
Fyor
Aggregate.
#9 - 2012-02-29 05:08:02 UTC
Tidurious wrote:
So, you want the game changed so it's easier for you to macro mine? I'm not sure where I'm supposed to feel sorry for you...

you're an idiot.

if i was macro mining, i wouldn't be doing any of the work, so surely wouldn't requesting a change, and sure as hell wouldn't have filed a petition asking about it.