These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Xenuria for CSM!

First post
Author
Shosuro Ayame
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#441 - 2012-02-28 16:56:16 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Does anybody have any specific questions about how I would change the NEX?

Edit: Forum moderation part removed, CCP Phantom

No one asked because no one cares. There's a huge list of questions people have asked. How about answering those?
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#442 - 2012-02-28 17:01:37 UTC
Shosuro Ayame wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

No one asked because no one cares. There's a huge list of questions people have asked. How about answering those?

He doesn't have time to answer questions from plebs like you! Even though The Mittani is the Caesar of Eve Online, this little guy likes to think himself as one while dreaming of the fetishes that Xenuria has.
Xenuria
#443 - 2012-02-28 17:01:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Xenuria
Shosuro Ayame wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

I have been trying to answer them but people seem to be ignoring or not understanding my answers.

If Mittani is "Gaius Julius Caesar" than that must make me... Augustus
Shosuro Ayame
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#444 - 2012-02-28 17:27:40 UTC
Karadion wrote:

He doesn't have time to answer questions from plebs like you! Even though The Mittani is the Caesar of Eve Online, this little guy likes to think himself as one while dreaming of the fetishes that Xenuria has.

Right. Forgot. Giant ego.

Xenuria wrote:

I have been trying to answer them but people seem to be ignoring or not understanding my answers.

No you haven't. I've been following this thread and all you seem to concern yourself about is walking in space.

Xenuria wrote:

You'd actually have to have some sort of clout to claim that. You don't. Please don't make that comparison again.
Xenuria
#445 - 2012-02-28 17:33:45 UTC
Shosuro Ayame wrote:
Karadion wrote:

Right. Forgot. Giant ego.

Xenuria wrote:

No you haven't. I've been following this thread and all you seem to concern yourself about is walking in space.

Xenuria wrote:

You'd actually have to have some sort of clout to claim that. You don't. Please don't make that comparison again.

You seem.... Upset.

Shosuro Ayame
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#446 - 2012-02-28 17:43:13 UTC
Xenuria wrote:

You seem.... Upset.

Bored. I think I'll go outside.
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#447 - 2012-02-28 17:47:44 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Shosuro Ayame wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

I never specified who. So you're neither and don't even equate yourself with Julius Caesar. You're just some pubbie who needs psychological help ironically given your supposed degree into that.
Xenuria
#448 - 2012-02-28 17:50:53 UTC
Silly goons... Throwing around the term pubbie like they know what it means.
Reminds me of that episode of southpark were everybody was saying queef.
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#449 - 2012-02-28 18:04:50 UTC
Xenuria wrote:

D00d, you are a pubbie.

You still haven't answered any questions either.

I'm seriously worried you might end up getting accidentally voted in. You've still not realised you don't bring ideas to ccp when you're in the csm; you're actually a Ccp and community go between and a sounding board for ccp.

A vote for you really is wasted.

And shadow has really dropped the ball on entry requirements for new members.
Aiifa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#450 - 2012-02-28 18:06:50 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Vera Algaert wrote:
EVE is an heteronormative wasteland.

What steps would you - as a CSM - suggest to CCP to address LBGT issues?

I am VERY happy you asked this question.

In current day many people (myself included) refuse to subject themselves to hetero-normative gender stereotypes, so why should people in the future be any different?

*EVERY article of clothing or apparel to be useable by all genders.
*EVERY form of makeup or tattoo/piercing etc to be useable by all genders.
*Lore confined anatomical modulation ( if you are gallente you can have breasts as a male or the inverse but not as amarr because amarr would see that as a sin against god)
*Several sliders included in character creation and customization that alter levels of femininity and masculinity. So at any given time you can make your character look more butch or fem depending on how you feel that day. (It's the future you should be able to do that)

The above list is not exhaustive...

CCP has already pumped millions into their ambulation engine, this was a limitation they had to accept as soon as they began. Although it would have been nice if the gender binary was a sliding scale (as in real life) that's just tough to code.

You won't get very far insisting that they modify their engine from the ground up. They'll just zone you out.

You're all pubbies.
Xenuria
#451 - 2012-02-28 18:33:50 UTC
Aiifa wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
Vera Algaert wrote:
EVE is an heteronormative wasteland.

What steps would you - as a CSM - suggest to CCP to address LBGT issues?

I am VERY happy you asked this question.

In current day many people (myself included) refuse to subject themselves to hetero-normative gender stereotypes, so why should people in the future be any different?

*EVERY article of clothing or apparel to be useable by all genders.
*EVERY form of makeup or tattoo/piercing etc to be useable by all genders.
*Lore confined anatomical modulation ( if you are gallente you can have breasts as a male or the inverse but not as amarr because amarr would see that as a sin against god)
*Several sliders included in character creation and customization that alter levels of femininity and masculinity. So at any given time you can make your character look more butch or fem depending on how you feel that day. (It's the future you should be able to do that)

The above list is not exhaustive...

CCP has already pumped millions into their ambulation engine, this was a limitation they had to accept as soon as they began. Although it would have been nice if the gender binary was a sliding scale (as in real life) that's just tough to code.

You won't get very far insisting that they modify their engine from the ground up. They'll just zone you out.

You're all pubbies.

I can assure you the engine would not need to be rebuilt to include more gender options. It would take some work and effort but nothing too serious.
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#452 - 2012-02-28 18:50:10 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
We've been using the term pubbie longer than you have been playing this game. In fact, longer than you've been playing Second Life. So keep your interest to Second Life because we don't need your fantasies here. WiS is a dead horse and will remain that way for a long time to come.
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#453 - 2012-02-28 18:51:50 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
I can assure you the engine would not need to be rebuilt to include more gender options. It would take some work and effort but nothing too serious.

We missed the part where you supposedly have programming experience. Are you going to tell us more about your adventures where you saved the world from the Y2K bug? Or perhaps worked hard as a hostage negotiator by talking the hostage takers down with your smooth tongue?
Killstealing
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#454 - 2012-02-28 19:05:15 UTC
am i a pubbie
Xenuria
#455 - 2012-02-28 19:20:10 UTC
Killstealing wrote:
am i a pubbie

No.

There are no pubbies in eve. Because there are no pubs were eve can be played for free. Eve is subscription based.
Karadion
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#456 - 2012-02-28 19:28:40 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Killstealing wrote:
am i a pubbie

No.

There are no pubbies in eve. Because there are no pubs were eve can be played for free. Eve is subscription based.

Says the pubbie.
Sidus Sarmiang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#457 - 2012-02-28 20:53:39 UTC
I think my favorite Xenuria moment was when he raged at Mittani in his thread for stopping WiS and claimed EVE could've been like Second Life as though that were a good thing.

At first, I thought he was joking. Second Life isn't exactly the sort of thing anyone should want to aspire to, and if we were the sort of people that liked Second Life we'd probably be playing it or under surveillance by the FBI or both.

"Xenuria" wrote:

Wake up you puppets!

Have you forgotten the Jita Protests?
Have you forgotten "Greed is good?"?
Have you forgotten that the reason we don't have walking in stations and more stylish high end clothing options is because of the jackass who started this thread?

If it was not for mittani we would be all wandering around in massive station environments right now wearing mink legging under pants that cost upwards of 15 plex! EVE had the chance of being something to rival second life and now look where we are.

We still don't have direct X 11 graphics, Rats still have insane ECM and damps and are not on a level playing field with players.
We will probably never see WIS now that mitt and his cabal of sith lords sperged at CCP until they gave up any and all plans of adding NEW content.

Yeah here we go. This looks like a fakepost, and when I read it I looked for the CFC tag next to the poster's name but instead I saw Xenuria. This dude actually thinks that we could be living the dream by paying IRL money to play dress-up in a WoD alpha test if only Mittens hadn't prevented CCP from devoting all its resources to such a noble cause. His ideal for EVE is that we walk into Jita 4-4 and just chill out and watch the Goreans, Diaperplayers, Vore Fetishists, Baby Furries, and every other creepy fetish subgroup concentrated into one greasy mess like the hellhole Second Life currently is (and always was). This dude actually thinks this is a good thing.

Between you and the white supremacist, I'm having trouble figuring out who is the more broken human being. I guess the Randian Objectivist is really the least shameful candidate for anti-goon folks.

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#458 - 2012-02-28 21:20:27 UTC
I'd like to thank a very insightful and wise person who brought reason into this debate. Thank you Sidus Sarmiang, and plus one important spaceship game forum like from me.

People like Xenuria is probably the best thing that has happened to the CFC candidates since people will naturally want to position themselves opposite to Xenuria, who in turn claims to be opposite to the Mittani/CFC. This probably makes even more people vote CFC than otherwise.
Sidus Sarmiang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#459 - 2012-02-28 21:43:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Sidus Sarmiang
For more seriousposting, I'm going to explain why Xenuria is a bad candidate beyond what I just said.

First off, we have to look at his candidacy in the overall context of CSM6. CSM6 was very effective. They caused changes within the game itself (titan balancing, hybrid balancing), and they changed the overall direction of the game (less WiS, more spaceships).

Xenuria and a lot of other candidates have seen the results of CSM6, but they are ignoring the actual methodologies that CSM6 used to accomplish these goals. The problem is that the methodologies directly contradict the goals of these joke, fringe candidates and will ultimately make them ineffectual even if they are elected.

First off, the key reason why CSM6 was so effective was a general consensus. While candidates in an election tend to focus on what makes them different, what actually makes their platforms viable is how well they mesh together and thus allow them to be presented as a unified front to CCP. This is why WiS declined in importance, why sov and nullsec balance is getting a look over, why titans were nerfed, etc. Now, this does not imply that everyone's goals have to be exactly the same, people can support each other's goals even if they don't feel passionately about them, but they cannot contradict the majority opinion. If Xenuria were elected, he would be rendered completely ineffective because he wants WiS to be the focus, when most of the other candidates (especially the ones whose elections are all but certain) want WiS to be ignored until the core spaceship game is fixed. All he could accomplish is that he'd be a sideshow to be shouted down.

The second reason is other candidates were able to effectively use media sources. This spawns partially from the first reason, which is overall consensus. Tentonhammer and a variety of other gaming sites were used for leverage to influence CCP. Xenuria has no way of accomplishing this. No major gaming site is going to rave about how nice it would be if EVE could be Second Life in space, especially since they were saying the exact opposite thing a year before, and that's not even considering Xenuria's personal "charisma".

The third reason is that CSM6's goals were presented such that immediate steps could be taken within their tenure. Time dilation, titan nerfing, a shift of focus, hybrid balancing, etc were all objectives that can and were accomplished during CSM6, and I imagine they were specifically presented by CSM6 with that in mind. When a goal extends beyond the tenure of a CSM, the goal is much more easily ignored. Even overlooking the other issues with Xenuria's second life vision, do you honestly think that new artists and programmers could be hired (since they just fired a lot of the ones involved in WoD), and they could create an effective game within the timeframe of CSM7? Lets say he's counting on being re-elected to see his goals accomplished. What everyone else will see is that he accomplished nothing during his time as CSM.

The fourth reason is that CSM6 did not introduce major, new goals for CCP, but instead emphasized and de-emphasized existing parts of the game. This fits into the overall model of the CSM as a feedback mechanism, which a lot of candidates are ignoring in favor of their pet vision. Candidates are not game developers, they are game testers. While Walking in Stations is a part of existing development, it's such a broad topic with so many potential directions that many of the ideas presented will effectively sound more like they're coming from someone who wants to be a developer than someone who wants to give feedback. There will be a time for CSM candidates to weigh in on WiS effectively, but it will be after spaceships have been fixed and there is a larger framework for WiS in the game than the pre-alpha test we have now. This is just focusing on WiS and ignoring the gender modeling, ship painting, and second life stuff that Xenuria wants to also add, which is a completely separate topic and falls under "Gender identity is an important social issue but I'm not playing a video game about it and I don't see why CCP should spend money and more importantly developer/artist time creating a model for it".

I wanted to add that NPC E-war and drone aggro is something that can be looked at and changed, but this isn't a revolutionary enough viewpoint to really justify a CSM position. These are ideas other CSM candidates can present effectively. Unless you show a really amazing understanding of game mechanics, can provide feedback on the topic that not only is informative but also why it's vital to the game, and finally can provide a solution that will improve the game, then you're just throwing an idea out there that barely deserved its own thread, much less a trip to Iceland. I can say that anomalies suck and need to be changed and I'd be right, but that doesn't make me a good candidate for CSM. The fact I put more effort and thought into this post that you did into that platform says about how much you care about that part of your platform.

Anyways, my point is that Xenuria's ideas are dumb and he'll be completely useless if elected because he focuses entirely on the fact that the CSM can be important and not how they're important. Sorry Xenuria supporters.
xcvr
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#460 - 2012-02-28 22:10:36 UTC
Sidus Sarmiang wrote:
Sorry Xenuria supporter.

FTFY. There was one, an obvious plant, on page 1. There have been a few more constituents hoping to get their pet issues aired out here, but when there obviously was no water, they abandoned the thread.

Oh, and 4 people promising to vote for the sake of comedy alone.

So the apparent tally at this point is 5 votes. At your blistering rate of progress, this is going to take nearly 21 years!