These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A Resumé System to Improve Corp/Alliance Recruiting

First post
Author
Mikkael Ethys
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-02-25 23:28:57 UTC
Good Idea ! Think that this will be helpful for new corps (like mine)
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#22 - 2012-02-26 10:56:28 UTC
Forwarding this idea to our wonderful Team PE caring about the player experience.

Also don't forget to read about the "Ease of EVE" devblog and to comment in its comment thread if you have good ideas, suggestions or questions.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Galphii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-02-26 11:28:38 UTC
Excellent idea, adds a nice degree of professionalism to the process. +1

Also nice to see CCP does actually read posts on this forum Cool

"Wow, that internet argument completely changed my fundamental belief system," said no one, ever.

Bearilian
Man Eating Bears
#24 - 2012-02-26 11:49:58 UTC
Jack Carrigan wrote:
The resume system should also allow for notes to be added by previous employers as to why they were removed from previous corporations (removed for being Corp spy/thief, inactive, etc).

an easy way of doing this would be to just have the contact standing of the corp to the individual. that way when you see a list of corps there would be the standing listed next to each one.

-also, i beleive that people should be able to choose how much of their stats would get listed. having every, ship and skill you have listed on a resume' for recruiters is a little too transperant (imo). is a great use for certs.
Malcom Dax
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2012-02-27 14:06:03 UTC
This idea is full of win. Anything that makes CEOs and directors lives easier is a good thing in my book.

L0rdF1end
Boondocks Industrial
Intaki-Business Logistics Union
#26 - 2012-02-27 17:47:28 UTC
+1 Great idea.

This fixes a lot of time and effort put into recruiters trying to obtain the information that would be either filled out by the applicant or auto collected through the form, Very big win.

If this change goes through there needs to be some big imporovments on the Corp advertising side to match.

For instance..if an applicant filled out his Applicant form he/she should then be able to run the results of his form against a database of potential would be recruiting Corps so he/she can get a shortlist of Corps suited to what he or she is interested in.

That way, he/she can approach those Corps directly via their public channel and then hand in their recruitment applicant form.

If you're going to give this some love please go the whole hog and make sure its not a half ars'd effort.

Ty for reading.
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-02-27 18:41:36 UTC
Nice! Ill throw in my support for this one! +1

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#28 - 2012-02-27 19:39:52 UTC
+1 to you.

Great idea!

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Ines Tegator
Serious Business Inc. Ltd. LLC. etc.
#29 - 2012-02-27 19:45:02 UTC
+1

I don't see anything other then API checks here... but since those are standard, streamlining them into the game is good. Would be great for CEO's. Also, how about posting resume's to a central database? So not only can corps post adverts, but so can pilots? Make it so. /picard
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#30 - 2012-02-27 20:14:32 UTC
+1 And maybe call it:

EVE Harmony

Matching players to corps based on logic and facts, rather than hit or miss in the dark.

Sells itself, great idea!
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#31 - 2012-02-27 20:18:39 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:
+1 And maybe call it:

EVE Harmony

Matching players to corps based on logic and facts, rather than hit or miss in the dark.

Sells itself, great idea!

Trademark infringement suit in 3... 2...

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Valerius Anthar
Nuts Butts and EuroSluts
#32 - 2012-02-28 02:45:15 UTC
+1 sir.

I'm actually rather lucky I got contacted by a small-scale pvp corp out of the blue via mail, looking for fresh players. If that hadn't happened, I might have had to use the in game channel, oh god, the horror. I think that a resume would help both corp and players find each other more efficiently without wading through all the nonsense (entertaining though it might be sometimes). Also, I agree with Jen, fewer corp overall but each corp being more solid would be better (instead of hundreds of tiny three men corp which seem so common in game), so maybe some form of restriction on making a corp until one is at a certain time played?
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#33 - 2012-02-28 02:49:52 UTC
Woah, dev response, sweet. Now if I could just get them to notice my thread ... lol.

In all seriousness, as a Director, I would definitely like to see something like this. API checks and so forth are just such a royal pain to go through, having it all in one spot would be handy.
Timbuck V
Breizh Punisher's
#34 - 2012-02-28 11:19:59 UTC
+1
Great idea
CaleAdaire
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#35 - 2012-02-28 13:05:54 UTC
if only we could get the Mittani to protest for this...

Trust in God, Have Faith in Fusion.

PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#36 - 2012-02-28 17:34:54 UTC
+1 I'd also suggest adding a certificate list to the resume, so you can see what certs people have skilled up for.
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#37 - 2012-02-28 17:45:10 UTC
Couldn't we just refurbish the job search thingie (recruitment pane in corp tab) that no one in their right mind uses anyway, to include prospective employee CVs, that appropriate (add a few tick-boxes so that a null alliance doesn't vacuum the whole thing every week) corps can then browse when headhunting?
Callic Veratar
#38 - 2012-02-28 20:36:39 UTC
Ideally, a system like this could be matched with the corp advert system. My resume is automatically matched with all ads and I get a list of the best corporations that match me. Though, it would be more efficient if the corp ads were always active.

Rather than a 2M list fee on the corp ads, maybe a 2M finders fee per successful applicant?
RC Ironside
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#39 - 2012-02-28 23:13:01 UTC
That's actually part of what I proposed, near the end.

" As an alternate form of finding a good match, the resumés could automatically be filtered based on the preferences outlined in the corp's recruiting ad, such as the primary mission of the corp, types of players sought, so on and so forth."
Tinu Moorhsum
Random Events
#40 - 2012-02-29 00:24:50 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:
+1 And maybe call it:

EVE Harmony

EVE-Match or E-Match

Nice idea. +1

T-