These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Wallet Flash Threshold

Author
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#21 - 2012-02-09 21:06:58 UTC
NiGhTTraX wrote:
+1, death to unnecessary blinkies!

Maybe go even further as to specify which categories should flash the button? For instance, I don't want to see my wallet flash every time i get a mission or incursion payout. And they're above the threshhold I would set with the above idea.

That's a good point too. I was mostly thinking to keep it fairly simple is why I listed just one option. I suppose if you had a window similar to the overview settings where you could check off things you want that would work, though I worry that it could be a bit more than is needed.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing that happen, but I'm not overly attached to it, I feel like the threshold itself is more important (and simpler and cleaner).
Katalci
Kismesis
#22 - 2012-02-10 02:22:18 UTC
+1
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#23 - 2012-02-14 19:08:40 UTC
Back up to the top of the forum again.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-02-14 19:19:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Joe Risalo
Would you set this to only blink on transactions over a certain amount, or would you also want to set it to where your wallet blinks every time it increases by a certain amount?

What I mean by that is, you can set the wallet to blink with a transaction over 30 mil, or set it to blink everytime your wallet increases by 30 mil. So this way if you are out there farming mission rats, once you've accumulated 30 mil of bounties/mission rewards, then your wallet lets you know.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#25 - 2012-02-14 19:29:27 UTC
No, I don't think it needs to track how much your money increases (as in, flash every 30M), I'm mostly talking about the specific transactions. Currently, it flashes on any transaction, 0.01 ISK past 100B ISK. I would like to be able to tell it "Don't flash on a transaction that's under 1M in value" (or whatever the minimum value that the user specifies). That would cut down a lot on the random flashing for any transaction at all and make it only flash after meaningful transactions.
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-02-14 23:31:05 UTC
Did I already give this thread the "+1"?
'Cause I'm changing it to +2

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#27 - 2012-02-18 04:52:51 UTC
Anyone else have any thoughts about this?
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#28 - 2012-02-18 15:00:39 UTC
mxzf wrote:

My thought is that it's ready to go formal.

Excellent idea.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#29 - 2012-02-18 16:05:58 UTC
Buzzy Warstl wrote:
mxzf wrote:

My thought is that it's ready to go formal.

Excellent idea.

Yeah, that's what I kinda thought. Now the trick is getting it out to the people who can do something about it. Which is why I posted links to it in the "The Office of the Chairman" and "I want your little things" threads. Feel free to drop into those threads to show your support for it too, every little bit helps it get noticed.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#30 - 2012-02-27 22:58:59 UTC
Lets get this back up to the top again, I neglected to bump it for a bit, lol.
Buzzy Warstl
Quantum Flux Foundry
#31 - 2012-02-28 00:38:48 UTC
NiGhTTraX wrote:
+1, death to unnecessary blinkies!

Maybe go even further as to specify which categories should flash the button? For instance, I don't want to see my wallet flash every time i get a mission or incursion payout. And they're above the threshhold I would set with the above idea.

You can already specify categories in the wallet config, but not a minimum isk threshold.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Anshio Tamark
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-02-28 22:10:08 UTC
Great idea. Doesn't even need to be fleshed out any more that it already is.

And better yet: It doesn't need to take a long time for CCP to incorporate. They just need to make a "Settings" tab in the wallet-GUI and add the necessary functions.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#33 - 2012-03-12 18:17:59 UTC
Lets bump this back up to the top of the forum, I let it die a bit while I was out of town.

I also posted it over in the comments thread for the new devblog, here, and am hoping that might catch a dev's eye.
Ines Tegator
Serious Business Inc. Ltd. LLC. etc.
#34 - 2012-03-12 22:41:01 UTC
+1

mxzf wrote:
I'm wondering if there's any way (other than keeping bumping this) to call this to the attention of someone who actually has the power to make it happen.

Duplicate your post in the U+I devblog thread, and the "little things" thread, or whatever their current incarnations are.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#35 - 2012-03-15 04:31:51 UTC
To add to this, I'd like to have the option of disabling wallet icon flashes when corp wallet transactions take place. Annoying as hell.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Asudem
Black Spear.
#36 - 2012-03-15 06:19:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Asudem
Useless. You will see the impact of high bounties* anyway, so you rather dont need that flashy crap after all. I turned that flashing off, so it doesnt annoy me.

* high bounties = anything above 1 mil ISK.
Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#37 - 2012-03-15 08:17:46 UTC
Liked and bumped. Awesome idea. And also fix my wallet blinking when my corp CEO uses the corp wallet. I have nothing to do with the corp wallet, so why is my wallet blinking?

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

Doctor Eezee
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2012-03-15 17:38:22 UTC
I love this idea, so let's try to keep it on the fron page ;)

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack..." - Admiral Stepan O. Makarov

Keras Authion
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#39 - 2012-03-15 17:56:17 UTC
This is a good idea that makes sense. +1'd.

This post was rated "C" for capsuleer.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#40 - 2012-04-12 20:37:27 UTC
I let this die for a bit, but I'm bumping it back up (mostly because this forum has been a little bit slow lately and I'm bored P).
Previous page123Next page