These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

POLL: What do you think about...

Author
Frederick Rommel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-02-27 17:08:20 UTC
What do you thinking about having planets, moons, stations, etc. orbiting around planets and the sun?
Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2012-02-27 17:59:55 UTC
ambivalent on this one ...

perhaps we should implement a search function on the forums...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#3 - 2012-02-27 18:08:03 UTC
FAR too much server overhead and dev work to create a 'feature' which would be unnoticeable at best and a PITA at worst. There's just no reason for it to be in the game.

And, as Velicitia indicated, it's been mentioned before ... multiple times.
Tekashi Kovacs
Golfclap Inc
#4 - 2012-02-27 19:01:11 UTC
Not sure how heavy that would be on servers part, but this could be done so they dont orbit in real time (which would be kinda pointless anyway), but their coords are changed accordingly after each DT / weekly.
Tidurious
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-02-27 20:06:37 UTC
Yes, please learn to search the forums before posting. Also, this is a "poll", not a feature suggestion, so it should be in GD at best. Although it shouldn't be here at all...
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-02-27 20:14:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Vertisce Soritenshi
mxzf wrote:
FAR too much server overhead and dev work to create a 'feature' which would be unnoticeable at best and a PITA at worst. There's just no reason for it to be in the game.

And, as Velicitia indicated, it's been mentioned before ... multiple times.

Yes...I think it would be very cool but as stated above the overhead on the servers would be to much. Unless CCP finds a way to make this kind of change happen without that kind of server overhead I would say it won't ever happen. Never know though...CCP seems pretty good at fixing wierd things lately.

What would happen to a Dread in seige mode if the POS is moving away or even towards him as it is rotating around the moon or moving with it?

Hell, what about ships inside the POS shields that are just sitting there? Would you have to anchor your ship to the POS or keep it orbiting the POS?

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#7 - 2012-02-27 20:35:13 UTC
Someone wrote out a really long proposal for this a while back. My answer: no. No way. There was a big long discussion in that thread. If someone wants to bother looking it up, you'll see all my arguments against the idea.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-02-27 20:52:42 UTC
I think it would be too much work for very little gain. If CCP has enough resources to handle it then I would say go for it, but it's really nothing but eye-candy.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!