These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Faction damage mod + faction ammo = bonus

Author
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-02-20 03:27:09 UTC
mxzf wrote:
This has been proposed before. We still don't need 'set bonus'es in Eve.

Oh, so you're going to shoot down this idea just because people have suggested it before? Is that it? I can't stand most members of the EVE Community because of this kind of thing!

Besides, there are implants with set bonuses. Why can't there be other things with set bonuses?

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#22 - 2012-02-20 03:49:17 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:
mxzf wrote:

Oh, so you're going to shoot down this idea just because people have suggested it before? Is that it? I can't stand most members of the EVE Community because of this kind of thing!

Besides, there are implants with set bonuses. Why can't there be other things with set bonuses?

When we say "this had been suggested before", we really mean this has come up before and been discussed quite thoroughly.

This means the downsides have been pointed out before, yet are not acknowledged or addressed in this post, suggesting that the OP hasn't researched his idea very well. It's not bad purely because it's come up before, it's bad because it's come up before and this new post adds nothing new to the discussion.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Doggy Dogwoofwoof
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-02-20 03:49:52 UTC
T2 missiles and T2 launcher would also be a sort of Set bonus. T2 gets T2. ok done trolling
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2012-02-20 07:09:26 UTC
I really don't see why people don't just take the simple solution:
Let faction guns fit T2 crystals *IF* you have the skills to use the appropriate T2 gun.

They already have a system in place whereby you can use highs can accept a ammo type you may not have skills for: ie any missile launcher before you've trained FOF or defender missiles.

Buff the faction weapon damage modifiers so they are equivalent to the T2 at spec V, or make those skills bonus the faction weapons as well.

Those who invest their ISK get an advantage
Those who invest their SP/time get an advantage
Those who invest SP and ISK get a bigger advantage

(Although for those with T2 guns, it would only be marginally better fitting, and reduced cap use for Hybrids and Lasers, marginally better damage if the spec skills are made to apply to the faction guns as well)
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-02-27 00:13:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Amaroq Dricaldari
More discussion, people!

Pulse:
- Lower Fitting Requirements
- Faster ROF
- Lower Cap Usage

Beam:
- Greater Optimal Range
- Greater Accuracy Falloff

Off Topic But Somehow Related:

What I wish I had on my interceptor:
My Imposssible Dream wrote:
4x Imperial Navy Gatling Modulated Energy Beam II (a Faction Tech II version of a Meta 4 weapon)
I also think that Beam Lasers should get a buff or simply become non-existant. The only advantage they have over Pulse Lasers is range.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-02-27 00:24:24 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:
Faction Tech II

lol wut

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#27 - 2012-02-27 00:31:21 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:
Faction Tech II

lol wut

Heh, yeah, I had to read that twice too. Not too mention the bit on beams vs. pulse ><

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Misanthra
Alternative Enterprises
#28 - 2012-02-27 03:57:04 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:
mxzf wrote:

then the game breaks down to the crap you have in most other mmo's. It becomes mindless content. Mindless in that everything from pve (incursions especially since they are the "raids" of eve) even down to pvp becomes canned content. One of the great things about eve is there is no right or planned way to do things. The best players mix and match gear across the spectrum to get best results. I know bitter vets who with max skills who whip out the named gear along side faction (mixed faction in fact) and t2 gear. No preplanned set structure, not even t2 or death mindset. They theorycrafted and tested in fights some interesting combos. Combos that get them wins. So one could say eve rewards the players who put the time into experimenting more with fits than those that jsut goes out and buys a full set like a muppet.

Its this thinking part that helps make eve a better mmo experience. It doesn't need cookie cutter fit x,y,z for set bonus. Player needs to find a goal for a ship and then work ot the fit that gets them there. This the fun part of eve actually. I have no idea what my chars skills will be in the future clearly or the fits they run. I like that. For a flipside, I am giving swtor a go atm....I already know waht specs I need to be and the gear sets I need at least partially to be competitive at level 45-50 pvp and raiding. That whole set "predestination" crap....not so fun imo if I stick with for a bit.
Spugg Galdon
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2012-02-27 12:24:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Spugg Galdon
Verity Sovereign wrote:
I really don't see why people don't just take the simple solution:
Let faction guns fit T2 crystals *IF* you have the skills to use the appropriate T2 gun.

They already have a system in place whereby you can use highs can accept a ammo type you may not have skills for: ie any missile launcher before you've trained FOF or defender missiles.

Buff the faction weapon damage modifiers so they are equivalent to the T2 at spec V, or make those skills bonus the faction weapons as well.

Those who invest their ISK get an advantage
Those who invest their SP/time get an advantage
Those who invest SP and ISK get a bigger advantage

(Although for those with T2 guns, it would only be marginally better fitting, and reduced cap use for Hybrids and Lasers, marginally better damage if the spec skills are made to apply to the faction guns as well)

This is exactly what I suggested in another thread. Xolve seems to think that it's totally stupid though and he is the self proclaimed troll god of the Eve-O forums. If you want to check that thread it's here:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=763433#post763433
Buzzy Warstl
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2012-02-27 13:17:35 UTC
Why are T2 modules so limited?

The best of every module in the game is T1.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#31 - 2012-02-27 13:34:15 UTC
Buzzy Warstl wrote:

:notsureifserious:

Buzzy Warstl
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-02-27 14:06:46 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Buzzy Warstl wrote:

Deadspace and officer mods are all T1.

OK, not *every* module in the game has a T1 variant that's better than the T2, but most of the really significant ones do.

EvE is "different" yet falls into the same-old RPG crap of "kill the boss for the best gear" and you have to have a high-level character to kill the boss.

http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm Richard Bartle: Players who suit MUDs

Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2012-02-27 16:42:03 UTC
Buzzy Warstl wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Buzzy Warstl wrote:

OK, not *every* module in the game has a T1 variant that's better than the T2, but most of the really significant ones do.

EvE is "different" yet falls into the same-old RPG crap of "kill the boss for the best gear" and you have to have a high-level character to kill the boss.

I killed Zor (he was in a Raven) on my own in a Thrasher. I admit, I was invited to do Level IVs with someone else, and they were in an aggroed Tengu, but I still got the kill and the loot.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle5
Villore Accords
#34 - 2012-02-28 12:25:10 UTC
Faction ammo used on faction guns mounted to faction ships should get bonuses too!

And faction mods on faction ships should get bonuses as well!
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2012-02-28 22:19:50 UTC
Amaroq Dricaldari wrote:
Buzzy Warstl wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Buzzy Warstl wrote:

I killed Zor (he was in a Raven) on my own in a Thrasher. I admit, I was invited to do Level IVs with someone else, and they were in an aggroed Tengu, but I still got the kill and the loot.

Zor isn't an officer.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Siigari Kitawa
Weave
#36 - 2012-04-27 11:17:08 UTC
I actually had a slightly similar idea a while back as to how to implement faction modules receiving bonuses when being fitted to faction ships.

http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1195121

Need stuff moved? Push Industries will handle it. Serving highsec, lowsec and nullsec - and we do it faster and more reliably than anyone else. Ingame channel: PUSHX

Previous page12