These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Overview locking on mouse movement.

Author
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#1 - 2012-02-27 16:32:45 UTC
Please add an option to disable this, it is an extremely annoying feature.

Some of us like to hover our mice over the overview, so we can change targets as they appear. The way it is currently set up targets appear at the bottom of the overview, or some random place in the middle, then just when you think you can go for them suddenly they all jump around and re-position themselves. Similarly if our mouse happens to be over the overview when a ship goes boom, their pod gets away because the overview is locked and they don't appear.

It's also been annoying me slightly in complexes, new wave comes in and instead of showing range they just appear at the bottom of the overview.

Does anyone actually like or use this new feature? I haven't heard much feedback on it, other than CCP tweaking it straight after they introduced it, so it wouldn't lock the overview if you kept your mouse verrrrry, verrrrry still.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-02-27 16:36:44 UTC
I think it would be good to have it be optional. I can see how it'd be useful to some people in big fleet flights and such, but it's not useful to everyone.
Daeva Teresa
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-02-27 18:05:57 UTC
just make it lock when I press control. thats all I need. +1

CCP really please dont use Upgraded, Limited, Experimental and Prototype in item names. It sounds like the item is actually worse than basic meta 1 item. Use Calibrated, Enhanced, Optimized and Upgraded. Its really easy to understand that the item is better than meta 1 and its also in alphabetic order.