These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suggestion : BluePrint Fitting Window with EFT functionality

Author
Gorthank
Solomani Foundation
#1 - 2011-12-27 11:48:24 UTC
To whom it may concern:

I've been hunted by an idea for some time now.

Thinking of the millions of new features, small, big and even useless ones you add to the game, one that really should make my day and I'm pretty sure many others too, is an Ingame Blueprint Fitting Window.

Basically, bring EFT functionality into Eve with this Blueprint function.
People with Mac:s (me) will be happy, and we will have no hazzle with API key's, you can store/save your test-fits, and issue a buy order on the items in your fit.

I can think of many possibilities with this, for example this tool could help newcomers and really casual players to plan their skills by giving suggestions on skills/certs to aquire.

People will spend more time in the game, wich must be a good thing.

Thoughts on this?
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2011-12-27 13:30:46 UTC
So, you're proposing a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Yeah, not needed. There are plenty of fitting tools out there to use, for all OSes, there's no reason for the devs to make their own little program when there isn't a need for it (since there are already third-party apps that do the job just fine).
Gorthank
Solomani Foundation
#3 - 2011-12-27 13:47:48 UTC
I think i'm proposing a feature, not a solution to a non existent problem.

And it's not working good on MAC without hassle.

I'm just saying, maybe instead of working on a ship spin counter, they could actually plow dev time in something that users could have a benefit from. a EFT:ish like feature is about learning too.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#4 - 2011-12-27 15:45:55 UTC
Write your own (mac/unix) version of EFT.

Actually, isn't pyfa (or however it's spelt) decent on Mac/*nix?

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Nestara Aldent
Citimatics
#5 - 2011-12-29 08:38:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Nestara Aldent
If we look so, in game browser isn't needed as well, as well as the jukebox and accessories we have, when we can use out of the game apps to do that.

Maybe the feature isn't of highest importance, but that's not reason to troll.

Yes, fitting window could be improved a lot, maybe on par what out of the game apps do, or close. Right now out of the game apps are mandatory if you want to make good fit for anything, which doesn't make sense.
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-02-27 16:29:08 UTC
Nestara Aldent wrote:
Yes, fitting window could be improved a lot, maybe on par what out of the game apps do, or close. Right now out of the game apps are mandatory if you want to make good fit for anything, which doesn't make sense.

At least they are free. But just because I know that they are free doesn't mean that I don't agree with the OP. I always wanted to have this feature in EVE.

I also always wanted an in-game EVEMon.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.